Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,282 members, 7,853,344 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:54 PM

I N V E S T I G A T I O N:35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal Funds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I N V E S T I G A T I O N:35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal Funds (398 Views)

CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries / PARASITES: 35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal funds / Why Northern States Can’t Pay Minimum Wage, By Zamfara Gov . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I N V E S T I G A T I O N:35 States Can’t Pay Salaries Without Federal Funds by luvscholar(m): 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
Only one of the 36 states can afford to pay workers’ salaries with internally generated revenues, Daily Trust investigations revealed—underscoring the level of dependence of the federating units on the central government.
The remaining 35 states generate only a fraction of funds they require to settle their wage bills annually. This means that without federal funds, these states cannot even afford salaries payment, not to talk of executing any projects.
Daily Trust obtained information on states’ wage bills and drew comparisons with data on their internally generated revenues (IGR), published by the National Bureau of Statistics. The result showed that onlyLagos State can pay salaries of its workers by solely relying on revenues generated internally.
None of the 19 Northern states has this much financial muscle. They all depend on federally-allocated subventions, mainly made up of funds generated from sales of crude oil that is extracted down south.
http://eyesreport.com/news.php?entry_id=356

(1) (Reply)

On Goodluck Jonathan / Welcoming Newyear!!!!!!! / Governor T.A Sends His Greetings To All Good Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.