Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges (4574 Views)

List Of Nigerian Banks And Their Official Android, iOS & BB Apps / Banks And Blood Money. / We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by agaba123(m): 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2008
Gamine:

I like their buildings and stuff

but what makes GTB nice undecided undecided
There customer service is second to none. They are also stable. With a branch in london that is in full operation, I think they are doing well.
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by Gamine(f): 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2008
hMM,

someone came to my office to market

i told her i wanted to open an account, she said she'd gimme the forms later

Now, two weeks she is no where to be found, so much for Second to none Customer service!! undecided
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by agaba123(m): 2:37pm On Aug 07, 2008
there customer service is second to none
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by bastrin(f): 3:29pm On Aug 07, 2008
gtb is beta dan uba.
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by xpensiv: 4:28pm On Aug 07, 2008
It is a well known fact tht GTB no gt rival,
UP GTB grin
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by femzy(m): 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2008
When would you say a bank is Good? Nothing but good customer service, GTB is got that(bank for the rich and poor)

Not like the uneccesary noise banks like Zenith make about in their ads

#150 for atm , hmmm voucher money
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by TeskyMan(m): 8:52pm On Aug 07, 2008
[b]In fact when we talk about the best BANK i mean real BANK, then u POINT all your fingers to G T B.Wouldnt you rather bank with it? There is no two ways about it,its either you Bank with G T B and be happy or Bank with OTHER banks and have Head Ache. Why i love this bank and why i am still loving it ,it just for the fact that i dont have to go to the Banking hall with WITHDRAWAL SLIP, I love this like maddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
My personal experience last week with INTERCONTINENTAL BANK, i got to my branch without my withdrawal slip and i was told i would be debted 200# if have to get one from the banking all.Bull Shit, trust me,i was MAD at whoever told me cos i was almost shouting at the top of my voice imagine that in the banking hall, i knew 200# wasnt the thing but i was just doing that to call peoples attention to what the young lady said, i am very sure the lady na one ND employee.

Haaaa if u never get G T B acct na you they dull yourself ohhhh!!!!Infact where i like their service reach,if them talk say make i come pay 10k none refundable b4 them go open the acct for me , walahi ta lahi ,I no go mind cos i am enjoying the service tooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhh[/b]
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by klas(m): 9:21am On Aug 08, 2008
GTB is nice if you DONT need a bank loan.
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 08, 2008
GTBank is an awsome bank. I've been with them for like 3 years now, so this is no heresay.

The average GTBank staff is quite courteous and the bank is very transparent. I have a savings, current and Dom accts with em. No hidden charges, all charges are laid on the table for you to see when opening the account.

To the best bank in Nigeria. GTBank
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by trillionsG(f): 10:42am On Aug 08, 2008
the Bank Atm charges are very outrageous.wen my Intercontinental Atm expired i went 2 get a new one only 2 be told 2 come bak in 2weeks time.i got a very funny n annoying sms some weeks later from d Bank dat 1k had bin deducted from my acct wen i had only 1k5 in my acct.i was so mad jeez!!!!
was dat spose 2 be d money for porccessin or wat? me tut d money they deduct from me wether or not i use d atm wasnt enuf or wat?
ne tire 4 dis pple. UBA will charge a hilarous amount 4 sendin me sms they told me it was 10naira but they collect more than dat.jeeeeeeeeeeeeezz!!!!!!!!!!
am tired man!! gosh!!! wat a sector! pls we ve pple who can do this why cant they beat this Interswitch Monopoly
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by sunboy(m): 1:01pm On Aug 08, 2008
Av been using Gtb over 3yrs( still in sec sch then), there is account 4 kids below 18 wit low charges aswell. Till now its d best bank,no charges 4 atm withdrawal either counter withdrawal unlike uba they charge atm and counter withdrawal charges lol. I relocate to many states in 9ja yet any branch serves as my branch wit good customer care. Though one policy is in place, instead of being charged on withdrawals,they said you wont get interest if withdraw more than 5 times in a month thats pretty bearable i think. gtb d most respected bank of the year, they'll be d winning champion in next rankin i bet. Everything is super B service, guys beware of Uba and Zenith o, i banked wit them early dis year, i later closed both accounts wen dey won kill me wit charges.
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by ayobase(m): 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2008
I think my Bank,Oceanic is the best 4 the moment!!!
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by ehie007(m): 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2008
look at the bright side guys, banks are also runnig on very high cost, they run diesel for their branches every day, 24hours in 365 days of the year. haba, they are trying, they use stationaries, pay salaries, pay tax, community development, men lets hail them. if the government provides what is necessary, banking services would be cheap.

the government is the root cause of all problems in this country.
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by Klenx: 7:39pm On Aug 08, 2008
these banks, do u know they wont let u know about all these silly charges until they grab your money and when u want to withdraw will be when u start seeing little unbearable charges coming into the agreement. Cant efcc see this as another act of 419ing the helpless bank customers?
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by Klenx: 7:56pm On Aug 08, 2008
@EHIE007l[Look at the bright side guys, banks are also runnig on very high cost, they run diesel for their branches every day, 24hours in 365 days of the year. haba, they are trying, they use stationaries, pay salaries, pay tax, community development, men lets hail them. if the government provides what is necessary, banking services would be cheap.

the government is the root cause of all problems in this country.]

I will be so happy to know what exactly the banks are doing with the cash deposited in various accounts, i believe the bank officials are not just watch dogs, they must have traded with it and made huge profit from loans, the stock market so they believe the small extortions in the name of charges is still necessary. All these will only make people loose confidence in them.
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by landu(m): 9:32pm On Aug 09, 2008
i am not surprise, why will banks not charge for the use of ATM? the banks need to pay the many unrealistic dividends they(banks) have promised share holders, many banks don't engage in core banking and wealth creation activities as such, they(banks) must find ways of sapping money from the same people(depositors)who keep the banks alive by charging ATM users.

Recently, i withdrew from A GTB ATM with my GTB card on marina, the ATM didn't dispence all the cash, i went into the bank to lay the complain immediately because the withdrawal was effected through the SMS they(GTB) sent to my phone,i have written to that effect and have gone back to the bank severally only to be told that their investigations showed that the cash was dispensed, on the day the event happened, i had a witness (GTB Bank Security Man) who was ready to stand to testify the day the event happened but the officer in -charge said i need no witness,users of ATM beware because they are still investigating the issue and i don't see how the reversal would come after what i had faced with the marina branch of GTB,.

I think the ATM is another way of defrauding depositor because you cannot prove them otherwise if you get your money stock in any of this many ATMs,if one had gone to the counter to draw one's cash no one would have to investigate any matter. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]ATM USERS BEWARE!!![/font]

More so, GTB will not charge you for using their ATM on their ATMs but will charge you for sending two(2)sms into your phone which in actual sense the sms can just be one and their COT charges is crazy so don't be cajoled by their GTB Max or whatever the account name is.
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by nossycheek(f): 12:28pm On Aug 11, 2008
GTB is the best but they are not well spread in Nigeria as they ought so more often than not, one get to using their ATM on other Banks ATMs and incurring charges. I bank with Union (the worst) and GTB (the best). All of them have their flaws. GTB will flood ur phone with sms and charge you for that. I chose the option of e-mail but they still use sms
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by slyk2(m): 1:44pm On Aug 11, 2008
anything we see we take.
charges na the one we see, what is stealling peoples money.
ask intercontinental and sky bank how far?
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by landu(m): 11:04pm On Aug 11, 2008
hi nairalanders, i am not castigating against any bank here, be it what it maybe, banks are banks and would be banks, what i am just talking about is the ATMs doing what they ought not to do, i was with a colleague today and he was telling me about how his 50,000 was held up by an ATM and he's waiting for when his cash will come back to his account,the senate investigation into ATM crisis is a welcome development, i pray they(lawmaker) are able to make the banks see reasons
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by cooldudeng(m): 7:25am On Aug 14, 2008
I work in one of the top three banks but you need to give it to the GTb. That's the most customer friendly bank you'll ever get fro now. I don't get charged for COT and ATM charges though since am a staff but when you come to think of it i don't like to leave money in my staff account as well, cos every staff as access to what's in your account. So the best bet is to move it to my GTB account. Am not a marketer for GTB O!, but when it comes to customer services I'd suggest you bank with them, You won't regret it
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by landis(m): 7:29am On Aug 15, 2008
Question, if you plan to withdraw N1000 you will be charged N150 naira?

This is illegal and it has no bases.

If you guys dont fight this, you are trouble.

The Nigeria banks are so inefficient and yet you have to pay such high charges plus indirectly they are stilumating inflation:

It will become useless to withdraw N50 since you will be charged N150.
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by fyneboye(m): 7:40am On Aug 15, 2008
i don't think it is possible for any bank to do that, cos it must first be initiated by the central bank of nigeria. but i don't still think it can be initiated because it is abnormal.
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by landis(m): 10:31am On Aug 15, 2008
i don't think it is possible for any bank to do that, because it must first be initiated by the central bank of nigeria. but i don't still think it can be initiated because it is abnormal.

It has been confirmed by newspapers too instead of WAITING, Nigerians should be out there FIGHTING BACK.

That country is being run aground.
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by fyneboye(m): 10:55am On Aug 15, 2008
Your friend must be in disaray.God is a God of purpose He alone knows everything He did. just make sure he is a born again christian and also give ur friend a bible to study everyday.
Also let him study this scriptures:1cor.2v1-16,1tim.3v16-17.
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by jokeade1(f): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2008
Guaranty Trust bank is the correct bank. u cant imagine when i went to my branch to tell them my atm card has expired and i need to renew it. I was told to wait that a new one is already on ground. I was short of words and its free of charge.
They have very good customer service.
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by landis(m): 1:25pm On Aug 16, 2008
joke_ade:

Guaranty Trust bank is the correct bank. u can't imagine when i went to my branch to tell them my atm card has expired and i need to renew it. I was told to wait that a new one is already on ground. I was short of words and its free of charge.
They have very good customer service.

actually a world class bank will send you new card about 2wks before the existing one expires but for naija, i think they OK.

anyway, this topic is about charges per each withdraw not replace of ATM Card.
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by blacklion(m): 9:11pm On Sep 20, 2008
GTB management must really take nairaland very seriously. Imagine, they deployed all their workers to register multiple names on nairaland just to sing GTB's praises. Na wa for aggressive marketing!!! grin
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by Cristalz(f): 10:39am On Sep 24, 2008
enque:

i heard UBA charges on UBA ATM too, but i don't know how true it is

Nuh uh,not true. UBA charges 100 naira monthly, not everytime you use your card. There are no charges when you use your UBA card on a UBA ATM machine. They only take 100 naira at the end of the month,no matter how many times you use your card.
That's much cheaper than those that charge 50 naira or 65 naira for every single withdrawal.

UBA ain't so bad. . .just think of them like MTN. Big,global,successful,effective,but with huge customer base grin Ain't easy to effectively cater to all at once grin
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by fyneboye(m): 6:51pm On Mar 03, 2009
>:( For crying ''OUT LOUD'' why would banks charge their customers 4 using their ATM machine. are they not satisfied with the commission they get from outside ATMs. Nigerians wake up Soludo do something. You'r the MAN
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by fyneboye(m): 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2009
GTBankers kwenu!!! wua, that why i love that bank. No more comments my colleagues will bear me witness, grin
Re: Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges by christson: 2:21pm On Mar 07, 2009
GTB has served me so well also.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joint Importation Group(alibabq) / Top 13 Best Apps To Get Likes And Followers On Instagram For Free. / 10 Things You Can Import Into Nigeria With N100,000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.