Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,513 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Kwara Council Discovers 339 Ghost Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara Council Discovers 339 Ghost Workers (390 Views)

PDP Battles Ghost Workers, Pays Staff In Cash / FG Tracking Additional 11,000 Ghost Workers — Adeosun / FG Uncovers 62,892 ‘Ghost’ Workers, Saves N208.7bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kwara Council Discovers 339 Ghost Workers by CollinsColz(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
Omu-Aran – Alhaji Luqman Owolewa, the Chairman of Irepodun Local Government Council in Kwara, on Sunday, said the council discovered 339 “ghost workers’’ on its monthly pay roll.
Owolewa told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Omu-Aran, headquarters of the council, that an audit committee would soon be set up to scrutinise the council’s pay system.
He said the audit committee became necessary in order to fish out more “ghost workers’’ and correct other anomalies in the council’s pay process.
The chairman said that the result of his assessment of the workers few weeks after assumption of duty showed that out of the 839 workers on the council’s pay roll, only 500 were genuine staff members.
He added that “when I assumed duty in November, I was surprised at the few number of workers reporting for duty and this prompted my undertaking a personal assessment to know what was wrong.
“I immediately ordered the stoppage of the salaries of those workers we could not identify physically.
“It was there that we discovered lots of discrepancies in the council’s past employment processes and we found out that only 500 of the 839 workers of the council were genuine staff members.’’
Owolewa said N2.5 million was now saved monthly following the process embarked upon to regularise the pay system.
He noted that the council had embarked on the execution of some community-based projects with direct impact on the lives of the people in the area.
He listed some of the projects to include the rehabilitation of township roads, boreholes, culverts and drains to enhance human and vehicular movement.
He urged unemployed youths in the area to register with the council for an opportunity to get a job as the state government was in the process of employing no fewer than 800 youths. (NAN)
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/kwara-council-discovers-339-ghost-workers/
Re: Kwara Council Discovers 339 Ghost Workers by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2013
It wouldn't be difficult for me to believe if I read there are at least 200 Ghost workers in every state across the federation

(1) (Reply)

Centenary: FG Declares 100 Heritage Sites National Monument / Jonathan's New Year Message To Nigerians / Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.