Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,613 members, 7,816,520 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? (804 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / Bringing A Comedian To Church...cool Or Trash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
It seems so....

After a whole lot of bumbling by the previous popes on condoms, AIDS, islam, gays and child abuse....this new pope comes with a different view.

The catholic church was conservative from the vatican. Now, pope Francis is making statements about not judging gays, being selfless to the poor, not being forcefull on "hell-preaching" etc

This looks like a PR stunt by a constantly criticized church......

Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by SalC: 8:30am On Dec 30, 2013
This Pope has not said anything contrary to what we already believe.

1 Like

Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by clean2: 8:50am On Dec 30, 2013
the anti christ gradually revealing himself
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by SalC: 8:53am On Dec 30, 2013
clean2: the anti christ gradually revealing himself
So what did he do?
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 30, 2013
Sal C: This Pope has not said anything contrary to what we already believe.

Really?

And the stuff about not judging gays?
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 30, 2013
Sal C: So what did he do?

Ignore the guy jo.....
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 30, 2013
If indeed it was,its working tho....however,Pope Francis' approach is more on rhetoric,not much has actually changed as regards church doctrine and administration
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 30, 2013
emk4lif: If indeed it was,its working tho....however,Pope Francis' approach is more on rhetoric,not much has actually changed as regards church doctrine and administration

My tots also
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 30, 2013
Logicboy03:

Really?

Did the bible not say 'judge not'. You guys are always looking for something against the church.jeeezz
If he said otherwise now, the same 'YOU' will come here n post 'judge not' for him.

My candid advice is leave Catholic Church alone and let's meet on the last day.
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 30, 2013
Kamsy10:

Did the bible not say 'judge not'. You guys are always looking for something against the church.jeeezz
If he said otherwise now, the same 'YOU' will come here n post 'judge not' for him.

My candid advice is leave Catholic Church alone and let's meet on the last day.

Good answer but calm down.....I an not a protestant. I am not a catholic hater

1 Like

Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by SalC: 10:17am On Dec 30, 2013
Logicboy03:

Really?

Yeah he was so on point, it is not our duty to judge or condemn people or tell them they will burn in hell which is what majority of the people speaking against the pope want to hear.

I even think the pope yielded to these people more because i would have been very plain and direct

The pope said "if a gay person seek the face of God, who am i to judge him.

The part where he added seeing the face of God balanced it.
If a gay person seek God face, common sense should tell every true christian that what such a gay person need is not judgement or condemnation but prayers and positive encouragement.

If i happen to be the pope, my response would have been,
"I am not in position to judge any gay person" gringrin

then the uproar would have lasted longer. Lol
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 30, 2013
Sal C: Yeah he was so on point, it is not our duty to judge or condemn people or tell them they will burn in hell which is what majority of the people speaking against the pope want to hear.

I even think the pope yielded to these people more because i would have been very plain and direct

The pope said "if a gay person seek the face of God, who am i to judge him.

The part where he added seeing the face of God balanced it.
If a gay person seek God face, common sense should tell every true christian that what such a gay person need is not judgement or condemnation but prayers and positive encouragement.

If i happen to be the pope, my response would have been,
"I am not in position to judge any gay person" gringrin

then the uproar would have lasted longer. Lol

well said
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by Nobody: 2:38am On Jan 06, 2014
Bullshit. All bull crap. Here we finally have a thinking pope. I don't care if its some political or religious propaganda. He is ultimately pushing for progress. Now Christians have seen everybody embrace the popes ideology they want to suddenly make it look like he said nothing contradictory.

he categorically mentioned hell which you lot hold so dear like its literal. Hell is not real and so is skyman. Why do you think Arinze is pissed. Defecting from the catholic church like the Vatican gives a rats ass
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by woky: 4:23am On Jan 06, 2014
Ohioleii: Bullshit. All bull crap. Here we finally have a thinking pope. I don't care if its some political or religious propaganda. He is ultimately pushing for progress. Now Christians have seen everybody embrace the popes ideology they want to suddenly make it look like he said nothing contradictory.

he categorically mentioned hell which you lot hold so dear like its literal. Hell is not real and so is skyman. Why do you think Arinze is pissed. Defecting from the catholic church like the Vatican gives a rats ass
Are you an atheist??
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by SalC: 7:16am On Jan 06, 2014
Ohioleii: Bullshit. All bull crap. Here we finally have a thinking pope. I don't care if its some political or religious propaganda. He is ultimately pushing for progress. Now Christians have seen everybody embrace the popes ideology they want to suddenly make it look like he said nothing contradictory.

The bolded too is a lie, the pope didn't say anything about hell being literal or not, and Cardinal Arinze is not pissed over anything. Those write-ups making the rounds lately were false caricature written by a blogger to generate traffic and make popular his blog spot. I still maintain the pope has not said anything contrary to what we already believe.
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by lacum: 7:53am On Jan 06, 2014
thank u sal c
i wanted to post from catholic.com about d fact that d pope did not say those things but network no allow me. thank God u read it too. d person deliberately chosed Arinze because he know say Africans will blive it.
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by woky: 8:30am On Jan 06, 2014
Sal C: The bolded too is a lie, the pope didn't say anything about hell being literal or not, and Cardinal Arinze is not pissed over anything. Those write-ups making the rounds lately were false caricature written by a blogger to generate traffic and make popular his blog spot. I still maintain the pope has not said anything contrary to what we already believe.
that Guy is new on NL and his an atheist, very insultive... Pls ignor him
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 06, 2014

You can only wish that this news is true but sorry my dear. Very sorry. grin
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by woky: 9:02am On Jan 06, 2014
Kamsy10:

You can only wish that this news is true but sorry my dear. Very sorry. grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by MrAladin: 9:33am On Jan 06, 2014

Really?

who is he to Judge? Is he God?
What does the Bible say about judging others?

Take a Look at Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will
be judged.
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by F00028: 10:18am On Jan 06, 2014
Mr. Aladin:

who is he to Judge? Is he God?
What does the Bible say about judging others?

Take a Look at Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will
be judged.
only that his God has already judged homosexuals severally in corinthians, timothy, leviticus and so on.

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived;neither fornicators, nor idolaters, noradulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals"
1 Cor 6:9
Re: Was This New Pope Just Chosen To Make The Catholic Church Cool And Liberal? PR? by SalC: 12:08pm On Jan 06, 2014
F00028:
only that his God has already judged homosexuals severally in corinthians, timothy, leviticus and so on.

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived;neither fornicators, nor idolaters, noradulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals"
1 Cor 6:9
God is not man

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Almost All Atheist From Christian Background? / What Will Happen To You After You Die? / Masturbation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.