Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Vacation In The United State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Vacation In The United State (982 Views)

Tourists On Vacation In Africa See Python Inside Their Engine(video+pic) / Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / How To Have A Nice Vacation In Ghana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Vacation In The United State by educon: 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
Please friends I need make some inquiry, I work with a government agency. I was granted a two years visiting visa to the United state multiple entry to attend a short course sponsored by the government agency I work for here in nigeria due to some family crisis I could not attend the short course that was to take place 3th October 2013 in Kansas state, now am planning of going on vacation February 2014. My questions is since the primary purpose of my visa is to attend the short course which I missed, can I still travel to the United state on vacation to another state for vacation without difficulties at the point of Entry. Please I need response to this immediately to enable me plan for my vacation
Re: Vacation In The United State by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 29, 2013
educon: Please friends I need make some inquiry, I work with a government agency. I was granted a two years visiting visa to the United state multiple entry to attend a short course sponsored by the government agency I work for here in nigeria due to some family crisis I could not attend the short course that was to take place 3th October 2013 in Kansas state, now am planning of going on vacation February 2014. My questions is since the primary purpose of my visa is to attend the short course which I missed, can I still travel to the United state on vacation to another state for vacation without difficulties at the point of Entry. Please I need response to this immediately to enable me plan for my vacation

Post your questions in the link below,beside, be prepared to answer questions at the point of entry why you didn't attend the conference for which the visa was issued in the first place,because border officials know that some immigrants obtain visa through conference, once they obtain the visa, they don't go for the conference again, they now wait for few months to travel to another state within the US, if you are able to convince border officials at the point of entry why you didn't attend the conference, then you are good to go, moreover,as long as the visa is still valid you can use it to travel for vacation to anywhere within the states, but, be prepared to answer questions at your point of entry....

https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa
Re: Vacation In The United State by lafflaff123(m): 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
You will be turned back at the Port of Entry.

In Obama's first swearing in. The Senator representing Bauchi North was refused entry to the United States(don't know if it was a diplomatic Visa he had or not).

But bottom line was that his Visa was suppose to be for Obama's Swearing in, and he did not come and fly in 3 weeks later for Vacation and he was turned back.

I only remember this because I was shocked reading it then, because I did not know serving Senators could be treated that way.

So your Visa for a short course which you never attended " due to family crisis" but now want to Visit? Not saying its impossible for you to get in, but it will be difficult.

Why not arrange to attend some other TRAINING/COURSE(even if its a short one) then from there do your visits.
Re: Vacation In The United State by MrKnowitall: 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
Don't waste your time they won't let you in you already missed your conference for which they gave you the visa. They will just tell you that you was granted a visa for a conference and you missed the conference so what what are you doing here. To the U.S customs agent it will look like you lied about the conference to get a visa big no no my friend. Even with my U.S passport they alway interview me and make sure all the dates and visa on my passport match every time I come back from Africa . They asked me questions like why did I travel, why did I stay there for so long, what did I do there etc... Dude You will be detained, fingerprinted, and shipped back to Nigeria in a long depressing flight . Apply for a proper vacation visa
Re: Vacation In The United State by Yeecar(m): 10:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
educon: Please friends I need make some inquiry, I work with a government agency. I was granted a two years visiting visa to the United state multiple entry to attend a short course sponsored by the government agency I work for here in nigeria due to some family crisis I could not attend the short course that was to take place 3th October 2013 in Kansas state, now am planning of going on vacation February 2014. My questions is since the primary purpose of my visa is to attend the short course which I missed, can I still travel to the United state on vacation to another state for vacation without difficulties at the point of Entry. Please I need response to this immediately to enable me plan for my vacation
To start with; what type of Visa is it?
Re: Vacation In The United State by educon: 6:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
My visa is B1 / B2 two years
Re: Vacation In The United State by justwise(m): 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2014

(1)

USA Visiting Visa Requirement. / China Universities Reject Nigerian Students Cuz Of Ebola ? / 10 Things Every Smart Traveler Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.