Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause (813 Views)

12 Events That Made 2012 Memorable In Nigeria ...by Wale Applause / Davido Duro's Review By Wale Applause / AceWorld Meets... Iyanya [written By Wale Applause] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by eldee(m): 1:12pm On Aug 05, 2008
They had, the best debut-performances, won countless Grammys, topped charts
But there's one thing these people don't know; WHEN TO QUIT!!!
At least, Rock and R'n'B artists know when to start headlining concerts and stop releasing albums e.g Bon Jovi, Iron Maiden, Celine Dion etal

Out of respect, critics go soft on them in these final days, but the truth is, people are tired
The old rappers take the bulk of th blame, just look at LL Cool J, he's 40, no dress sense, and still says he's releasing two more
Benzino, merked by Eminem, lost his job, his last album sold 20,000 wiv all the Em publicity, he came in an interview to say we should expect his next album

Seriously, why can't they leave us with the memories of the golden age and not one crap 2007 album that drops to £1 bin in one week?
Why can't they leave us with out old records and vinyl discs?
They need to bow when the applause is loudest . . . sometimes I see a good side to the death of Pac, Biggie and Big L
We never got to see them release 8 Diagrams when we're still feenin Wutang Forever

I think P Diddy needs to quit, so do many other ones that have gone too far below their prime

What rappers/singers do you think need to quit?
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by nosa101(f): 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2008
Prodigy from Mobb Deep
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by sfinxone(m): 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2008
1. Definitely LL Cool J tongue
2. Snoop Dogg (made up my mind about his need to retire when I watched his "Sexual Seduction Video"wink
3. P.Diddy
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by MrCrackles(m): 1:58pm On Aug 05, 2008
nosa101:

Prodigy from Mobb Deep

nah no way, P is still fiyaaaah!! cheesy
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by MrCrackles(m): 2:00pm On Aug 05, 2008
definitely LLCoolJ

Brian McKnight

R Kelly

Whitney Houston

Mariah Carey

Eminem
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by A40(m): 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2008
LL Cool J CHECK
Brian Mcknight CHECK
Eminem CHECK
Mariah CHECK
Outkast

nosa101:

Prodigy from Mobb Deep
Not just him the entire G-Unit crew as well
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by kizzymack(m): 4:59pm On Aug 05, 2008
Jigga my nigga needs to drop the mic.
that blue magic release was so whack.

'36 in a karate class, taebo ho?' - Nas the god to Jay in Ether
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by Wordsmith(m): 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2008
True talk kizzymack, that dude needs to face what he's best good at - business. Retiring then all that comeback shit is unecessary, dude should have kept to his word. And them albums after Black Album were damn wack

Snoop Dogg - the song and video "Sensual Seduction" was like the last straw. Man, quit it!

LL Cool J
Rkelly
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by chiogo(f): 10:15pm On Aug 05, 2008
Hahahaha @eldee, I totally agree with you on that LL cool j stuff, I think he's metrosexual. Did u see his new video 'baby' ??or sumn like that. Daag! He was over-doing it and I think he wore lip gloss.

Hey! wordsmith, what's up??

Aww, I still think jigga is aiight. I mean, he's old, don't get me wrong but he's mad sophisticated with his shit. You don't hear him saying all these '20-yr old' stuff in his song like when he was younger but these other people simply refuse to mature with age.

I also agree about R.kelly and Snoop Dogg.

So this is my list:

LL cool j
Snoop Dogg
R.kelly
Master. P(that song 'my life' did it!)
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by owolomo(m): 10:33pm On Aug 05, 2008
@EL DEE
I AGREE W/ YA BUT DIDDY IS MORE OF A BUSINESS MAN,
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by Shaz(f): 1:45am On Aug 06, 2008
LL Wack J
Omotola
Genevieve Nnaji
Master P
Fiddy
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by Wordsmith(m): 6:15am On Aug 06, 2008
Fiddy? He sure is wack but most def not old.

@ chiogo,

whazzap'ning ma? Been a long time i've seen u on em boards.
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by dreeldee: 7:07am On Aug 06, 2008
seriously these people need to retire angry
Lionel Richie (Granpa) cheesy cheesy
Madonna (momma)
Baby Face (uncle)
Mary J Blige (aunty)
Blacky (naija) old man grin grin
DMX
Outkast
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by eldee(m): 7:38am On Aug 06, 2008
chiogo:

Hahahaha @eldee, I totally agree with you on that LL cool j stuff, I think he's metrosexual. Did u see his new video 'baby' ??
That's exactly what made me start this thread
His lyrics are sloppy, at his age he's still dressing like Lil Wayne
He needs to admit that his hey-days are gone, let him settle down, stop releasing albums and get a freaking suit cheesy

chiogo:

Aww, I still think jigga is aiight. I mean, he's old, don't get me wrong but he's mad sophisticated with his shit. You don't hear him saying all these '20-yr old' stuff in his song like when he was younger but these other people simply refuse to mature with age.
C'mon Hov seriously needs to retire to hold on to the level he's placed himself
After he reached his peak, released Moment of Clarity to explain what's what, what happened to Grand openin, grand closin?

owolomo:

@EL DEE
I AGREE W/ YA BUT DIDDY IS MORE OF A BUSINESS MAN,
Businessman? doing that wack dance with Keisha Cole and Nicole is business?
Nah . . . the dude's past his prime, he's hitting new lows all the time
That's why he needs a million and one collabos on each of his albums

@topic
DMX: Should have bowed out since Grand Champ
Ja Rule: One wrong move and the rest is history
Snoop Dogg
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by Bamsyle(m): 8:47am On Aug 06, 2008
Ja Rule: One wrong move and the rest is history

Hehehe, that dude's at the edge of a precipice!

On the naija scene, can we drag Charly Boy into this?
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by MrCrackles(m): 8:50am On Aug 06, 2008
Bamsyle:

that okada rider still dey sing?! grin
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by sfinxone(m): 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2008
Bamsyle:

Make I remix the Ninja Bike song to suit the occasion:

Chorus

Ninja Bike O!, shè u wan make I retire,
Power Bike O!, Shè u wan make I retire,

Okay O!

Zoom Zoom I dey retire, from being an area father (repeat till fade)

wink grin
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by chiogo(f): 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2008
@Wordsmith, yea, I been busy with work and other stuff. How's Po Deep??

@eldee, maybe you're right. I just hate to admit it. Each time my sister hears him, she goes 'this dude should go and rest, he's too old'. Lol, I guess everybody doesn't feel jigga no more except me.

@topic
I forgot to add Diddy, but then he's always been wack to me. Since '94 or whenever he started rapping.

Busta Rhymes too.
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by nosa101(f): 9:06pm On Aug 06, 2008
whoever ghostwrote diddy's verse on trade it all remix deserves an award. That verse gave diddy 5 years worth of credibility when i heard that song
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by A40(m): 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2008
kizzymack:

Jigga my nigga needs to drop the mic.
that blue magic release was so whack.

'36 in a karate class, taebo ho?' - Nas the god to Jay in Ether
I beg to differ go listen to Mr Carter and The American Gangster album all over again.Hov is still Number 1

Hov still got it he is arguably among the few mature cats left in the game
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by superstan(m): 10:52pm On Aug 07, 2008
A-40:

I beg to differ go listen to Mr Carter and The American Gangster album all over again.Hov is still Number 1
Hov still got it he is arguably among the few mature cats left in the game

i agree.

snoop dogg should give up rapping.

ll cool j has seen better days.

i can stand j-lo and madonna too.
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by gaskinachi(m): 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2008
EEDRIS ABDUL KAREEM grin grin grin

ijeta larira, WTF

Heard eddy and daddy fresh have a single together, mafimisere ma underrate, two bros comin together to hurt our eardrums

abegi, its bout time this cats just dropped the mic and looked elsewhere, diddy sells perfumes, run dmc has his reality show etc, why cant they like dabble into something else ha ha, ppl for naija just no dey know when to quit,
Re: The Curtain Call: Artists That Have Outlived The Applause by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 07, 2008
sfinxone:

Make I remix the Ninja Bike song to suit the occasion:

Chorus

Ninja Bike O!, shè u wan make I retire,
Power Bike O!, Shè u wan make I retire,

Okay O!

Zoom Zoom I dey retire, from being an area father (repeat till fade)

wink grin
ROFLMAO! cheesy

Madonna (Seems to still think she's in her teens)
Charlie Boy (Agbalagba to the max)
Lionel Richie
LL Cool J
R Kelly

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Rocks Mixtape Vol. 1 / Pls Rate This New Reggae Artist-efre Tin Tin / Do You Know Yinka Ayefele? If Yes:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.