Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,441 members, 7,850,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:07 AM

MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) (15656 Views)

Tied Of Calling 180 You Can Reach Mtn Customer Care Via Whatsapp / MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / MTN Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by hammedkola(m): 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
Imagine you call CC to report about your blackberry network issue, the next statement you hear is,
remove your battery nd insert it back for an hard reset.
This really irritate me anytime an agent tell me this, because its been 2 years have been using a blackberry, how won't I know how to do an hard reset before calling CC.

They are just too quack
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Afritop(m): 2:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
I remember some years ago, 2006 precisely That was actually my first time of using MTN and the first time I have to call a telecommunication company customer care to resolve an issue. The customer care who happened to be a guy was rude, insulting, harsh, interruptive. Infact he almost fought with me on the phone. questioning me, angrily demanding answers. During the call the guy scared the hell out of me and infact when the call was lingering he abruptly and intentionally ended the call in an angry tone as ''Thank you for calling MTN. blah, blah blah''!!!. Since that incident and for some years, I have had a phobia of calling MTN and other network customer care line
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by opeshe2(m): 2:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
you guys are forgetting Airtel here, their ladies are just not worth the job, i guess your account balance is what they use to judge how to attend to you. They hang up on customers. To cap the level of incompetence, they are always having side distraction.
But for the male staff they just bunch of bad ascent guys who cannot even express themselves may be they lack the knowledge on how things work.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by zada(m): 2:37pm On Dec 31, 2013
@All, the major problems facing MTN is enormous, ranging from poor remuneration, bad conditions of services and poor staff welfare. Right now as we speak they have sacked close to 130 CCR btw 30th - 31st Dec 2013 with little or no justifications. MTN gives. Little and yet takes a lot from the Nigerian people, imagine getting sacked dis period of the year. How weaked!
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
You haven't told us in simple and clear
terms the purpose of your call to them.
or are you of those hoax callers?

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by 2special(m): 2:48pm On Dec 31, 2013
l think d only training those mtn guys had is how to apologize,tell them ur name or greet them,they will keep on apologizing to u

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
@OP very true.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by ddjay: 3:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
fokay: @OP and all, do you know there is MTN Customer Service thread here in Nairaland?
I am surprised most of you here don't know.
The CC Agent there, JideSM, is doing a great job.

https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/60

He calls when necessary and helps resolve issues.
Also, the fastest and easiest way to get good customer service agents from MTN is through their Twitter handle @MTN180.
Just tweet at them and they will call you.
ok,is he an outsourced staff (e.g cnssl) of an mtn staff
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by ddjay: 3:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
zada: @All, the major problems facing MTN is enormous, ranging from poor remuneration, bad conditions of services and poor staff welfare. Right now as we speak they have sacked close to 130 CCR btw 30th - 31st Dec 2013 with little or no justifications. MTN gives. Little and yet takes a lot from the Nigerian people, imagine getting sacked dis period of the year. How weaked!
and we have a bunch of nigerians (like broom) one of dem called cnssl,whos job is to cause shortage of pay in d name of outsourcing
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by fokay: 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
Djangocode: Advice:

Never get Yoself in a Position to Call MTN Customer Care..

Get a GLO or Etisalat Sim Today..

Save Future Anger | Curses | Poor Service..

Guy forget that thing.
Glo has one of the worse customer service in the world.
I have been a victim several times, Glo is my main line since 2005 so forget that gist.
Glo cc drops call on you, they are arrogant and always tell you they don't have access to do something, imagine that.
They never refund when you have credit issue and many more.
Can you imagine after buying a N500 airtime that won't load, I call Glo for 30mins and after it connects the CC says I have to get to a gloworld outlet to load the card. It will take me N1000 to get to the closest outlet.
So I should spend N1000 to go load N500 card.
When I asked him if the people in the outlet don't use the same applications his answer was "I do not have that access".
I called several times and it was the same thing.
I had the same problem with my BB and I had to remove my sim from my bb and use an mtn sim. They keep telling me they don't have access, then I wondered what they a cc for.
I am still using the glo sim just for sentiments.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by fokay: 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
dd_jay:
ok,is he an outsourced staff (e.g cnssl) of an mtn staff

Bros, I don't know and don't really care, but I know he's good.
Their twitter cc's too are good.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by olatunde1234: 3:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
It's true, especially those female agent, they hardlly find sollution to your complain, anytime i called i pray for male agent to pick my call, if it's female agent i cut it straight

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by stharry: 3:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
YESSSSSS
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by armadeo(m): 4:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
Firstly we all have to understand how thier system works.

I have talked with a cca for mtn and clients ate categorised based on credit patterns. The more u spend the higher your credit rating and better cc response.

I found it laughable but there it is. so if the cca is rude to u or drops the call on you then you have poor credit rating. it also affects the speed of resonse cos i told him m weekly expenditure and he told me how long i wait to receive a response when calling. accurate to the minute.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by danumerous(m): 4:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
Not only MTN, also Airtel too, all they do is extortion, taking our credit for no service rendered, they engineer this subscription to extorts money for customer and before you know it, all your acct balance is drained up.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by nenergy(m): 4:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
armadeo: Firstly we all have to understand how thier system works.

I have talked with a cca for mtn and clients ate categorised based on credit patterns. The more u spend the higher your credit rating and better cc response.

I found it laughable but there it is. so if the cca is rude to u or drops the call on you then you have poor credit rating. it also affects the speed of resonse cos i told him m weekly expenditure and he told me how long i wait to receive a response when calling. accurate to the minute.

lies and bollocks!!!!! Hearsays and rumors. Get your facts Right!!
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Youngzedd(m): 4:41pm On Dec 31, 2013
Wizdray: 'The Machine to use to check is currently n0t available now, kindly call back in 72 hours. Thank You for using MTN, have a wonderful day'

Absolutely.

Too many inexperience workers.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by purplekayc(m): 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
d0ñ'T ThÎñK ÎT'$ TRúÊ ThÊý hÊlþÊd MÊ 0úT $0MÊTÎMÊ$ ago
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by akposking(m): 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2013
How can u say they incompetent..
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Youngzedd(m): 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2013
I don't know if actually they do check MTN website at all for updates.
The worst part of it is that they will be claiming that such doesn't exist meanwhile it's on their website.

I just can't tell if MTN is employ Igbology cert holders.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by GentleFrank(m): 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
Good !
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by ddjay: 5:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
purplekayc: d0ñ'T ThÎñK ÎT'$ TRúÊ ThÊý hÊlþÊd MÊ 0úT $0MÊTÎMÊ$ ago
u jam lock na
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by abhosts(m): 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
Dropping the phone on a Rude Customer is not a Nigerian thing. It happens in the US as well.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by pclever1(m): 6:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
I still wonder how we approach issues.its right to make complaint on poor services as no telecommunication company is innocent of this.MTN is one Nigerian Telecommunication company dat needs to really train and re-train their staff.Their customer care service delivery is too poor.They need to re-define their presence in Nigeria.As a person I am disappointed in the company.They should be sanctioned.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by darqly(m): 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
collins.123:

In the meantime, you said something about Yoruba and Igbotic accents. Where are you from? Uranus? Is it now a crime for someone to sound NIGERIAN?

You have serious low self esteem issues!
I have to disagree with you on the accent point oh.. For the purpose of telemarketing or call operatives, a basic requirement is for the candidate NOT to be heavily accented, keyword being heavily. This has nothing to do with self esteem, as you hastily summarised. I personally won't appreciate anyone telling me "Thank you for choosing Hairtel", especially if said person failed to resolve my issues.

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Prince202020(m): 7:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
MTN is the best network when it comes to customer care attendance, i had issue of browsing with data bundle nd my airtime was also deducted to the tune of N75, i call them n when they answered i was not being friendly with them at all, though i explained myself very very well but in an unfriendly way, the Lady said that my data has not updated yet that she will call me in 24hrs time, within 48hrs time i recieved 8 calls from MTN before N200 was refunded to me, two calls out of the 8 was for customer survey.
Here is the Proof:
Massage 1. Ref: 352624311 21/12 17:55:01 Bonus: Dial*559*1# Amt: N200.00 Prev bal: N113.95 Bal: N313.95 Visit: http://vtm.mtnonline.com/ From: MTNN

Massage 2. Dear Prince, Your request with reference number MTN1-16313769424 has been resolved. Thank you for choosing MTN.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by donfix(m): 7:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
Yes those people d vex me abeg
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by mumuto: 8:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
Yea, dey are not warm in any form. Dey simply hang-up calls rudely. They need professional training to upgrade I beg. Dem sabi lie sef. Lol
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Prospectff: 8:06pm On Dec 31, 2013
Op is not far from the truth though, his feelings got the better of him, but we all need to realize that politeness is not a Nigerian thing. Visit a bank, a supermarket, hotel or anywhere you encounter a customer service rep their rudeness hit you across the face they make you feel like they doing you a big favor by even talking to you they conveniently overlook the fact that your patronage pays their salary.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by Tijay90(m): 8:19pm On Dec 31, 2013
Very true I must say...I wonder if they know they're "customer care"...whenever I call dem,they're always sounding like they don't give a fvck...so...I also put on my worst behaviour...& dat makes the conversation more enjoyable.
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by GENTLETEE(m): 8:41pm On Dec 31, 2013
MTN is not worth discussing. Have very less to do with them. http://gentletee..com/2013/12/come-follow-me-celebrate.html
Re: MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) by just6: 9:26pm On Dec 31, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Google Play: How Can I Redeem My Code? / Updated : How To Download Youtube Videos(No Application Needed) / Aliexpress Vs Jumia. Which One Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.