Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria (35843 Views)

Recovered Vehicle In A Police Station In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Photo Of An Overloaded Vehicle In Plateau State / Bus Carrying Wedding Guests Crashes Into Military Armoured Vehicle In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by bsghaulage: 4:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
My friend want to get a hybrid vehicle because of its fuel economy precisely a Camry 07 the one they call muscle,but am skeptical about the car.

I believe the maintenance of the vehicle may not be that easy here in Nigeria.

Anybody that has any idea about hybrid car should pls share

3 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by lonelydora: 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2014
It's a nice and enjoyable vehicle to use. Just avoid flooded road as if the car is a bag of salt. Do ur proper maintenance as required. Use OEM parts only.

Na me bi dis? What a good way to start a good year. Baba God ndewoo! Kaa! Imela! Thank you. To all who made it to 2014, I say welcome to my year of divine upliftment.
* runs out ignites a 6-in-1 banger* Gbosa gbosa gbosa gbosa gbosa gbosa.
Ona akpotu!!

13 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by Brymo: 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
Can some1 tell us please

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by Kingclickmedia: 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
hybrid or lowbrid forget it, never buy it.
Case closed
THREAD CLOSED

3 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by Oguieke(m): 4:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
hybrid cars are good when the road is good

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by crystalballs: 4:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
Don't go near Hybrid...

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by israel007: 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
Nice thread. Would like to learn too
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by ayobase(m): 4:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
I prefer a car without complication for now.
If it is fuel, it should be throughout!
It it is solar or electrical or water, it should be throughout!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by PastorKun(m): 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
The main problem with using hybrid cars in Nigeria is the cost of replacing the hybrid batteries when they ecevtually die. It costs up to three hundred thousand to get them replace and they are not readily available in Nigeria. Though you make some savings on fuel using an hybrid car, I don't thinking it's worth coughing up 300k when the batteries eventually need to be changed + the stress you might have to go through ordering the batteries from abroad.

3 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by psychopunk(m): 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2014
just posted here to be on front page. Any pic of this toyota muscle?

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by shex202(m): 4:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
which one is hybrid vehicles pls? do we have analogue and digital too ni?
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by Extom(m): 4:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
NnamdiN: so only igbo girls require money to maintain ? Pathetic loser
So that's the only thing you saw there Extreme conditions calls for extreme measures, and at that point in time, that was the only example that was befitting for the situation at hand. We know everybody likes money, but everybody also knows how much you people(especially your girls) are money conscious.
Pathetic, tribalistic derailer.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by Eyop: 4:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
shex202: which one is hybrid vehicles pls? do we have analogue and digital too ni?

Nothing special about it. The body is the same with the regular camry just that it is a combination of electricity and fuel system. Hybrid-electric vehicles (HEVs) combine the benefits of gasoline engines and electric motors and can be configured to obtain different objectives, such as improved fuel economy, increased power, or additional auxiliary power for electronic devices and power tools.

Some of the advanced technologies typically used by hybrids include:

Regenerative Braking. The electric motor applies resistance to the drivetrain causing the wheels to slow down. In return, the energy from the wheels turns the motor, which functions as a generator, converting energy normally wasted during coasting and braking into electricity, which is stored in a battery until needed by the electric motor.

Electric Motor Drive/Assist. The electric motor provides additional power to assist the engine in accelerating, passing, or hill climbing. This allows a smaller, more efficient engine to be used. In some vehicles, the motor alone provides power for low-speed driving conditions where internal combustion engines are least efficient.

Automatic Start/Shutoff. Automatically shuts off the engine when the vehicle comes to a stop and restarts it when the accelerator is pressed. This prevents wasted energy from idling.

27 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
wetin be hybrid.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by oluagness(m): 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
Planning to get one, I have to change my style. Never heard battery replacement is up to #300,000=
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by Eyop: 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
If the battery cost up to #300k which i strongly believe should be up to that then it doesn't worth all the trouble instead i will advice the OP to buy an ordinary Toyota camry rather than trying to save cost of fuel that you will eventually cough out in another way. The mechanical/technological madness doesn't worth all this trouble.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by derolemode(m): 4:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
the cost of maintenance Will be high in Nigeria depending on the specs. but its always wise to utilize other sources of fuel.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hybrid car is a good option. Just know the maintenance rules. And make sure you don't even go near those roadside mechanics. Use 'Certified' automobile service companies. #NuffSaid

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria by chiyex(m): 5:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
i drive a toyota prius hybrid here in houston. its actually not a high maintenance. the only problem is if you get involved in a major accident with the front end, the parts arent common at the junk yard. if you can keep up with your oild change, you will be fine. the hybrid battery is about $2500 for a used one. its expensive but takes a very long time to go bad. the usually go over 200k miles. the prius is the one that gives the most mileage of the hybrids over 50 miles per gallon.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tisha UnArmed Shelton Drives Her Car (Photos, Video) / 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean / KIA Motors Unveils Multi Billion Naira Plant (25,000 Cars/year) In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.