Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures (7250 Views)

LIST Of Prominent Nigerians Named In Panama Papers Leak / Shocking Photos From The Recaptured Town Of Damasak, Borno State / Photos: Unhappy and Mean-Looking Faces Of Prominent Nigerian Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by anonimi: 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
dayokanu:

Which party has ruled Benue since 1999, 14yrs straight?

ACN has never ruled Benue for one day In case you need to refresh your memory

And George Akume's eight years were so PROGRESSIVE in Benue state hence he was rewarded by ACN with the Minority Leader position in the SINate.
Nor be so

HYPOCRITES on the prowl shocked
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Afam4eva(m): 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
As much as i believe that those prominent men from that area are bonafide thieves. I don't see what they could have done really. It's not like they occupy(ied) an executive position that would aid them to salvage the situation of Otukpo. let's not forget that otukpo is not the capital of Benue state and in Nigeria, our governors have a culture of always developing the major city and leaving other cities to rut away. I don't see how Otukpo is worse than other mini-cities throughout Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Afam4eva(m): 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
Pls, let's desist from making this about political parties and focus on the subject matter.

1 Like

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by anonimi: 7:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva: As much as i believe that those prominent men from that area are bonafide thieves. I don't see what they could have done really. It's not like they occupy(ied) an executive position that would aid them to salvage the situation of Otukpo. let's not forget that otukpo is not the capital of Benue state and in Nigeria, our governors have a culture of always developing the major city and leaving other cities to rut away. I don't see how Otukpo is worse than other mini-cities throughout Nigeria.

In short they are ALL the same- the yeye politicians branding themselves as progreTHIEF saints.
Thus the scammers & fraudsters in the Arewa People's Congress, APC should stop their HYPOCRISY.
QED!!!
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by dayokanu(m): 7:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
anonimi:

And George Akume's eight years were so PROGRESSIVE in Benue state hence he was rewarded by ACN with the Minority Leader position in the SINate.
Nor be so
HYPOCRITES on the prowl shocked

The fact of the matter is that PDP has ruled benue for 14yrs and still remained that way

1 Like

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Afam4eva(m): 7:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
Is Otukpo really Idoma though. I've always thought so but yesterday when i went to buy drinking garri, the guy that sold to me told me he was from Otukpo but said he's not idoma and i was surprised. Any otukpo person in the house?
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by anonimi: 7:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva: Is Otukpo really Idoma though. I've always thought so but yesterday when i went to buy drinking garri, the guy that sold to me told me he was from Otukpo but said he's not idoma and i was surprised. Any otukpo person in the house?

And you nor fit ask am wetin im be if nor be idoma
Na here you wan come stress us with question cheesy
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by anonimi: 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2013
Fhemmmy:

When you look into the mirror, you are the only one that could chose what you wanna see . . . There is nothing wrong in people representing the town doing something for the town, i am so sure that some of the mentioned names probably graduated from that school in the pix . . .

Those were my thoughts exactly and their CVs will not be complete without mentioning the school.
We need to learn to give back to our society MORE MEANINGFULLY than we are doing currently.

1 Like

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Afam4eva(m): 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2013
anonimi:

And you nor fit ask am wetin im be if nor be idoma
Na here you wan come stress us with question cheesy
He kept saying that he was Otukpo.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Sloan: 7:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva: Is Otukpo really Idoma though. I've always thought so but yesterday when i went to buy drinking garri, the guy that sold to me told me he was from Otukpo but said he's not idoma and i was surprised. Any otukpo person in the house?

So Afam is still at drinking garri levels and you make mouth to people who can transform you into a decent man with decent wages? LWKMD! You've made soooo many enemies, it is hard not to pity your position. Now the problem is this, even if you meet one person you've not offended and who wants to help, that person probably knows or is known by a dozen people who you have offended and insulted because of your moderator job on NL. Anyway, I leave you with your ways, some of us only enjoy the distraction that NL offers from our regular lives.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by anonimi: 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
He kept saying that he was Otukpo.

Nor vex then Oga Afam.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Sloan: 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
@Post, Idomas are from Oturkpo. An ex was from there and she was fine joor! grin
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Afam4eva(m): 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
Sloan:

So Afam is still at drinking garri levels and you make mouth to people who can transform you into a decent man with decent wages? LWKMD! You've made soooo many enemies, it is hard not to pity your position. Now the problem is this, even if you meet one person you've not offended and who wants to help, that person probably knows or is known by a dozen people who you have offended and insulted because of your moderator job on NL. Anyway, I leave you with your ways, some of us only enjoy the distraction that NL offers from our regular lives.
I never knew drinking garri was a sighn of poverty. Siddon there make pant dey wear you. You never try Ijebu garri with groundnut wrapped by a calabr person with sapele water. When you try it, come back and give me feedback.

1 Like

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Afam4eva(m): 7:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
Sloan: @Post, Idomas are from Oturkpo. An ex was from there and she was fine joor! grin
If anything, it should be the other way around. Yorubas are from Abeokuta? WTF?
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ebucha: 7:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
If anything, it should be the other way around. Yorubas are from Abeokuta? WTF?
grin
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by simdam500(m): 8:07pm On Dec 30, 2013
hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by simdam500(m): 8:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
Sloan: @Post, Idomas are from Oturkpo. An ex was from there and she was fine joor! grin

she fine facially, wat bout deep down dere wink *wat are u tinkin sef* i mean is she good in cleanin and caring
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by kel4soft: 8:28pm On Dec 30, 2013
I will be posting pictures from my own constituency. That is, Opobo town.

We built our town without government.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
zeelo2014: New GRA
Lol @ New GRA
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Afam4eva(m): 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
kel4soft: I will be posting pictures from my own constituency. That is, Opobo town.

We built our town without government.
Oil coys built your town.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ebucha: 8:55pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva: As much as i believe that those prominent men from that area are bonafide thieves. I don't see what they could have done really. It's not like they occupy(ied) an executive position that would aid them to salvage the situation of Otukpo. let's not forget that otukpo is not the capital of Benue state and in Nigeria, our governors have a culture of always developing the major city and leaving other cities to rut away. I don't see how Otukpo is worse than other mini-cities throughout Nigeria.
is Orlu the capital of Imo state?, but it is growing. Or may be the ever developing Auchi is now the capital of Edo state. Leave talk I beg
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
Nigerians are funny o. This is the same thing all over the country. We have an unworkable structure. There is nothing any one can do about developing places like these all over the country. Our system is top heavy. After barely servicing the structure there is no money left for education, roads, rails, healthcare etc.

Our priorities have been skewed by military rulers who put in these structures to preserve 'one Nigeria' in the manner to favor the ever dominant hausa/fulani oligarchy. 36 states, an unproductive federal capital project, 774 local government counculs, top heavy military, federal character, quota system, NYSC, security votes, presidential system, bicameral legislature, constitution mandate for ministers to come from each state and for all federal agencies to have presence in those state, federal cops 'enforcing' traffic laws in all nooks and crannies, government support for monarchs every where in a republic, redundant agencies and an imperial style of governance at federal and state levels that Nigerians have come to accept as normal. It is a wonder that things are not worse than they are. Sometimes I wonder if there is anyone in this whole country that truly understands what good governance ought to be.

2 Likes

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by kel4soft: 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
Oil coys built your town.

You are wrong. Oil coys built Bonny not Opobo. We are one of the first civilised people in Nigeria. You remember King Jaja of Opobo? If not for the useless civil war that destroyed practically everything we had, we would have been the finest town in the whole country.

Though we have recovered and moved on, politics have really done more harm than good to us. Once united kingdom is now shredded into factions.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Afam4eva(m): 9:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
ebucha: is Orlu the capital of Imo state?, but it is growing. Or may be the ever developing Auchi is now the capital of Edo state. Leave talk I beg
It's just now that Rochas is paying attention to Orlu but most mini Nigerian towns are no different from what i see in Otukpo. It's just the dusty nature that's making it look so bad.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Afam4eva(m): 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2013
kel4soft:

You are wrong. Oil coys built Bonny not Opobo. We are one of the first civilised people in Nigeria. You remember King Jaja of Opobo? If not for the useless civil war that destroyed practically everything we had, we would have been the finest town in the whole country.

Though we have recovered and moved on, politics have really done more harm than good to us. Once united kingdom is now shredded into factions.
I think you are right. I actually had Bonny in mind. Still can't differentiate between the two. I never had the opportunity to visit Opobo when i was living in PH.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by atlwireles: 9:09pm On Dec 30, 2013

Is drinking garri different from garri for eba. You people will not kill me here. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Afam4eva(m): 9:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
It still beats me why our structure in Nigeria is still the way it is when things would have gotten better under a decentralised system whereby states and towns will have their own leadership like it is in the US. if we had Mayors running these towns, towns like otukpo won't look the way they do.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by kel4soft: 9:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think you are right. I actually had Bonny in mind. Still can't differentiate between the two. I never had the opportunity to visit Opobo when i was living in PH.

Yes, both Ibani areas (Bonny and Opobo) with the latter above the former due to multinational companies. Lovely places to be though.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ebucha: 9:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
atlwireles:

Is drinking garri different from garri for eba. You people will not kill me here. grin grin grin grin grin
Nairaland is the best form of "Edutainment" ie learning and entertainment in Nigeria.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by agbameta: 9:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
PDP no ni....smh
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by gramci: 9:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
anonimi:

You seem to need a memory refresh so I will help you out:

I guess since ACN/APC is full of the rejected excreta and faeces of PDP, this should not be a surprise. Or should it

dayokanu is a notorious street clown, please learn to ignore him
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by atlwireles: 9:18pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva: It still beats me why our structure in Nigeria is still the way it is when things would have gotten better under a decentralised system whereby states and towns will have their own leadership like it is in the US. if we had Mayors running these towns, towns like otukpo won't look the way they do.

People are afraid of local control in Nigeria. That's why we spent billions every year and nothing changes drastically. I hope this NC starts a new page in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dep. Gov., 21 Commissioners, 16 Assembly Members Defect To PDP In Rivers State. / Nigeria Best Cities Challenge (join Poll Now) / NSCDC Discover Bomb Making Factories In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.