Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi By Ayo Akinfe - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi By Ayo Akinfe (2575 Views)

Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi By Ayo Akinfe by bayulll01(m): 10:48am On Dec 31, 2013
naija noni:
Errors on this post/My disagreements:-
1) Incomplete XI

2)Oshinaiwa in d starting XI ahead of echiejile/Francis ??.On what basis ??.Even Francis is far better than oshinaiwa.

3)Chinedu Obasi-Dude has struggled with injuries and isnt getting game-time at schalke.
If things remains the same,he shouldnt even be invited.
You can say victor moses also isnt starting games but at least moses comes in as a substitute in almost every game unlike obasi who doesnt play AT ALL(same goes with joel obi).

4)Haruna As 1st Choice Play-maker/attacking midfielder
:-Haruna is a very good player.
His abilities include Great vision,superb passing skills,Precise Long-range shooting.
But what y'all fail to understand is that haruna is a very lazy player,just like mikel.
His off-the-ball play is poor.He doesnt mark,doesnt charge.When he isnt with d ball he just strolls/jog around like mikel.And he isnt so fast also.
Having two lazy players in midfield would be a disaster as only onazi would be doing d running around.
Teams with fast/hardworking,Beasty midfielders would over-run us.
What we need in attacking midfield is a player that posses haruna's abilities(long-range shooting,superb passing skills,great vision) but in addition,hard-working,has okay pace,and skill.
In the starting XI,aluko was placed on the wings.Very good.But he could be more useful in attacking midfield.He posseses everything haruna has,and in addition he's pacy,hard working and very skillful.Playing him behind emenike would be great.That is d position he has been playing at hull city for two seasons now.
That his left foot wicked diie.

Another player that would fit that attacking/creative midfield position better is Micheal olaitan
Some people argue that he is still young and inexperienced 2 be in the starting XI,but so were onazi and omeruo before afcon.He's even d same age as both players(20yrs).
Olaitan is a good passer,hardworking,fast and skillful.

I'll pick Sone Aluko/Micheal Olaitan ahead of Haruna for attacking/creative midfield.

5) In a list of 29 players,only two hit-men were included.
Emenike and the 2nd ??.
Ameobi, a striker that is in no way prolific and NOT an out-and-out striker.
So if emenike gets injured(God forbid),we'll then depend on Ameobi for goals ??
Hahahahaha.
And Strikers like ameobi aren't played as lone strikers up-front in a 4-5-1 /4-3-3 formation.They are played together with real,prolific strikers in a 4-4-2 formation.
So going by that list,if something happens to emenike,world cup is going to be CONFEDERATIONS CUP PART 2.
In my Opinion 23 list should contain at least 3 hit-men.
TWO PROLIFIC STRIKERS:-E.g:-Emenike and Ike Uche/Imoh ezekiel

ONE BIG "HOLD UP PLAY"/SUPPORTING STRIKER
:-Shola Ameobi/Bright dike/Anichebe.
Those list I gave above is just a list of player for trial and can never be our 1st 11,what determine a player to be in first eleven is form and,if moses form is bad he will sit on bench,dint u see what happen to casillas when not in form,what if haruna was invited and he's form was splendid,and mikel dip in form will u bench inform haruna and play mikel who's not in form,as I said earlier am a chelsea fan and I hold no beef for mikel
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi By Ayo Akinfe by bayulll01(m): 11:07am On Dec 31, 2013
naija noni: 23-man LIST for me should include:-

THREE GOAL-KEEPERS

THREE FULL-BACKS

FOUR CENTER BACKS(Which would include a versatile defender that can also play as full-back,e.g omeruo)

TWO DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS

TWO CENTRAL/BOX-TO-BOX MIDFIELDERS

THREE CREATIVE/ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

THREE WINGERS

THREE HIT-MEN
On point bro,why do u wana use 3 wingers this is 2014 not 1994,or u ve never imagine why morhino decide to cheap moses to liverpool,let's build our team from mildfid what shall it profit a team with moses and musa runing on wing without result
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi By Ayo Akinfe by striker9(m): 11:18am On Dec 31, 2013
Kog45: Thank God for saying you are happy with Mikel in the super eagle than Yaya.But do you know the meaning of miles ahead.pls don't say that again because Yaya that was sent packing from Barcelona by ordinary basques cannot be miles ahead of Mikel.He may be better but not miles ahead.
Dunno if your post is directed to me,I said Yaya is miles ahead cause he has got speed,ability to score goals and plays a vital role in City.
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi By Ayo Akinfe by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 31, 2013
Kog45: Thank God for saying you are happy with Mikel in the super eagle than Yaya.But do you know the meaning of miles ahead.pls don't say that again because Yaya that was sent packing from Barcelona by ordinary basques cannot be miles ahead of Mikel.He may be better but not miles ahead.

Seven Hells!

Why are you typing crap like it's going out of fashion?

We don't have anybody like "Basques" in Barcelona, okay?
And if you're talking 'bout Sergio Busquets, I am afraid, Busquets ain't ordinary. He has been in the first XI of the most competitive midfield in the world[Spain's midfield]

...and yeah, you're right. Yaya isn't miles ahead of Mikel, but he's slightly better than Mikel.
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi By Ayo Akinfe by naijanoni(m): 11:25am On Dec 31, 2013
bayulll01:
Those list I gave above is just a list of player for trial and can never be our 1st 11,what determine a player to be in first eleven is form and,if moses form is bad he will sit on bench,dint u see what happen to casillas when not in form,what if haruna was invited and he's form was splendid,and mikel dip in form will u bench inform haruna and play mikel who's not in form,as I said earlier am a chelsea fan and I hold no beef for mikel
I'm a chelsea fan too.
Mikel is not in form but he has started more games at chelsea this season than haruna has in a average ukrainian league.
Haruna has been just been decent.
But Most people just exaggerate haruna's form.
Becos he scored three screamers.
Good.Haruna has struggled to make d starting XI of average dynamo kyiv(he comes in mostly as a 2nd half sub).
While mikel has been making d starting XI of chelsea.
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi By Ayo Akinfe by naijanoni(m): 11:40am On Dec 31, 2013
bayulll01:
On point bro,why do u wana use 3 wingers this is 2014 not 1994,or u ve never imagine why morhino decide to cheap moses to liverpool,let's build our team from mildfid what shall it profit a team with moses and musa runing on wing without result
Lol.We'll play with midfielders and leave d wings empty ??.Hahahahaha
Bro the football pitch is made up of different positions that needs to be covered and d wing is one of them.
How many teams play without wingers ??.
Or u expect mikel or onazi or igiebor to play on d wings ??
I dont really understand ur reasoning.
3 wingers is even little to take to d world cup.
Almost all team's starting XI has two wingers or two players playing on d wings.
That is kinda like a rule in football.
Becos moses was shipped out by chelsea makes him a useless winger to nigeria ??
He might be useless to chelsea/liverpool,but a very useful and key player of d super eagles.
Bring d current(thats 4rm their last matches) 23-man list of every country that is going to d world cup(including spain),you wont find less than 3 wingers.
So i dont understand ur reasoning
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi By Ayo Akinfe by striker9(m): 11:41am On Dec 31, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hot Updates On The Kenya Vs Nigeria Fight (pictures) / . / Pictures Of New Astro Turf Aba Township Stadium (enyimba Intl FC Of Aba)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.