Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,206 members, 7,953,765 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:49 AM

MISTS IN THE MOUNTAIN - The Cruelty Of Distance - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / MISTS IN THE MOUNTAIN - The Cruelty Of Distance (1111 Views)

Long Distance Relationship....episode 1 / The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) / Blue Mountain Arts Pays $50 - $300 Per Poem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MISTS IN THE MOUNTAIN - The Cruelty Of Distance by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 31, 2013
THIS IS PURELY FICTIONAL.ANY RESEMBLANCE IN NAMES OR EVENTS IS COINCIDENTAL.COMMENTS AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM AT THE END OF EACH UPDATE IS HIGHLY WELCOMED.

My love story is truly magical but at the same time weird. At the ripe age of 22, I can honestly,truthfully,frankly and shamelessly say that i've never had a successful crush on someone. Though girls admire me because am one of a kind;my talents was what made me
outstanding.
It was a cold night in february,the valentine had
just passed me by still without a lover,i sighed. Why am i so unlucky?Several questions ran
across my sighing soul. I've been searching for that special someone who would whole heartedly love me. Being the 'shy type',loneliness was a burden I carried as a young adult. It was terrible and my life
was colourless. To me,I was
fighting a losing battle,a war which seems unending. In search for love,I logged onto a lesser
known dating website <name witheld> a friend recommended. Lucky me;I had already found a girl after a month. At first,it
was cold not until it got hot. Oh sorry,I forgot to introduce myself; i'm Donald by name.
***to be continued***
Re: MISTS IN THE MOUNTAIN - The Cruelty Of Distance by Pvin: 7:32am On Dec 31, 2013
Good, cont. No fault yet

1 Like

Re: MISTS IN THE MOUNTAIN - The Cruelty Of Distance by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 31, 2013
***CONTINUATION***
Early morning calls,late night chats;crazy me. I was
overwhelmed with the joy of finding a girl at last;though we werent dating but I knew something funny was gonna happen between us. From that point onwards,we began to meet online regularly and often as we got to know eachother better. She called herself Debbie;a name i found so appealing. Days went by and we
chatted regularly;mostly on weekends, not knowing that cupid was calling as we became closer. There was more warmth and care in the whole 'cyber love' or 'e-romance' thing as wegot acquinted to eachother.
Though we've never met,the chemical romance was in action and whenever we failed to meet online,the whole day was enshrouded in gloom. We were technologically inseparable for months before we met but there is always the reality of
how meeting her actually turned out. It wasn't love at first sight but the attraction our conversations generated caught me off guard.
** to be continued***

1 Like

Re: MISTS IN THE MOUNTAIN - The Cruelty Of Distance by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
**CONTINUATION***
I didn't think it would go any further than an unrequited crush but i was wrong. Separated by thousands of miles but we nevertheless share
immeasurable bursts of affection and passion. Our first phone call was magical I must confess. It
was a pleasantly amiable
conversation. Her voice was so divine and ear splitting like an angel.Listening to her sweet voice,time seems to slow down. Then I said to
myself,there is a supermodel buried in there somewhere,could this finally be what I've been
hoping for? I asked my self. Late that night, she was all over in my dreams.She's got just a touch of brown in her hair and
little lines around her eyes that I was lost. She moved through my dreams as a star in the night.
** to be continued **
Re: MISTS IN THE MOUNTAIN - The Cruelty Of Distance by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
** CONTINUATION ***
Oh! Dreams could be so crazy;it was just fantasy not until it dawned on me.Her text woke me up and it was the content of the text that made me believe that it wasnt just a dream; it was real. 'dreams unite fantasy and reality',she texted.
At that very point, I fell like a sparrow. I knew the whole chemistry between us.'We've been meeting in dreams,why not
real life?',She asked. I'll admit, I was flattered by her persistence and impressed by her confidence so I gave in. It's
been five (5) good months
together as cyber lovers,so I was so eager to see my 'gorgeous pearl' cos she's actually one. Her pictures would leave your jaws dropping; she's a
mother goddess that no words could describe her beauty. A date was fixed as I travelled down to the rock city; Abeokuta.
**to be continued**
Re: MISTS IN THE MOUNTAIN - The Cruelty Of Distance by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 01, 2014
Guys viewing this,I really need your encouragement. Thanks. Happy New Year
Re: MISTS IN THE MOUNTAIN - The Cruelty Of Distance by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
** CONTINUATION***
In the romantic transition from online chats to real life meetings,the reality inevitably turns out more than you planned on or less than you had hoped for so i was well prepared for the outcome. I've been waiting all week for this day and so was she. We both decided on how the date would go. And so we met,she's a carbon copy of her picture. Anything i say about her beauty would sound so cliché 'cos only heavenly words could describe her; we are almost of the same height. She gave me a tight hug
- which I so much enjoyed to be honest, as we ran into eachother's open arm.We went to the pool side,had fun before I took her to a chinese restaurant and we were delighted with everything there;the ambience,food and being able to meet this 'gorgeous pearl' was pure joy beyond comprehension. We spent the day together as I walked her back to her house very late in the night. The night
was illuminated with millions of stars with the stream of moonlight shinning on us.
**to be continued***
Re: MISTS IN THE MOUNTAIN - The Cruelty Of Distance by cheruv: 8:55am On Jan 07, 2014
Mmm....no one wants to comment shocked shocked
Its seems guys don't do dreams anymore angry they do the real thing!! grin grin
Afterall why mast' when there are a lot of cunts around?

(1) (Reply)

Shyness Is A Disease / Old Age: A Blessing Or Curse / GPC Christmas Essay Competition 2014 (lagos Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.