Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,842 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Letter To My Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letter To My Mother (612 Views)

May The Soul Of My Mother Rest In Peace. / My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home / My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To My Mother by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 31, 2013
I remember vividly well,as a four-years old boy,just returning from school like every other child of my age,hoping to fall into the usual caring hands of my mother,only to see you laying in bed. My instinct told me you've been in this bed bed for @least four days,becuase most of the food I've been eating for the period being wasn't tasting like yours.On this day,I surmmoned courage and cried in disapproval after eating what look like plantain porridge that wasn't prepared by you.I jumped into your waiting hands and cried the more. Mumy,I was surprised to see you in tears;ready to pour out your inspiring,encouraging and what is today your final words to me on earth,despite the fact that I was a minor then.
Mumy,you said in life,nobody truly cares and loves you like your "blood" apart from God almighty. People will pretend to love you base on what they can get from you and will abandon you to your fate once you make a "mistake" they despise so much.But your blood(family) will always 4give you purely and stand by you in all difficulties. Above all,God almighty will never let you down;so it was only wise I put my trust wholely in God.You concluded by saying it is the survival of the fittest for the "orphans" in Nigeria.
Few years after,I've come to see the truth in all your words.I now remember why you cried uncontrollably on that fateful day.Mumy,you cried because you foresaw the rough terrain that lies ahead of me without you around me.But you have always believe in me and you begged me to stay strong, make you proud and never to give up,saying,God almighty will see you through in my absent in Jesus name! Today,I lay in my bed reflecting on the past years and crying like a baby. The road is rougher and tougher than I envisaged without you here for me. For truly,it is the survival of the fittest for the "Orphans" in Nigeria.
Mumy,I cried because I almost let you down.I almost gave up.But today,your words stil ring in my ears.I just wish you were here to say them all over again;for they are massive inspiration to my life. Mumy,I missed and love you much and promise never to let you down but make you proud. God bless my efforts and may the blessings be.Rest in Peace Mama!!!

Yours lovely son
Re: Letter To My Mother by EveryLadY(f): 2:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
hmmmm..... thak godness her words came back echoring and inspiring u once again. U will not fail for God also believes in u,that is the reason he planted u here on earth even as an orphan. take heart.
Re: Letter To My Mother by BukkyDan(f): 3:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
Oh my! Dearest OP, it's well with you, God would continue to be your strength, guide and refuge.

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Mother by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mothers are the best thing to happen to mankind.
I keep telling people that my mum is the best.
She's my backbone,my driving force,her daily prayer keeps me going.

Can't imagine my world without her,she told me to make sure I make it in life to cater for my family,and her.
I shouldn't let her down.

(1) (Reply)

What The #jadapose Has Taught Us... / Choose One- Children Or Money? / 10 Types Of Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.