Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 (2782 Views)

Gaming Showdown: PS3 Vs Wii Vs Xbox 360 Vs PC / Game Console: Ps3 Or Xbox 360 Elite / Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by dreeldee: 2:19am On Aug 13, 2008
Bleep Microsoft with their 3 red rings of death, I used to love my Xbox 360 but they made me spend so much and eventually i lost the game to the red lights. Sony PS3 rocks, at least it's got no problem so far (9months from date of purchase) plus i've got loads of games on it compared to the Xbox. the only game i miss on it is Halo.
Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by timbabng(m): 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2008
, Love the Ps3 like crazy and hate the xbox 360 so much.

Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by texazzpete(m): 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2008
dreeldee:

Bleep Microsoft with their 3 red rings of death, I used to love my Xbox 360 but they made me spend so much and eventually i lost the game to the red lights. Sony PS3 rocks, at least it's got no problem so far (9months from date of purchase) plus i've got loads of games on it compared to the Xbox. the only game i miss on it is Halo.

The 360 actually has a more stellar library on it then the PS3. At least for now.

timba_bng:

, Love the Ps3 like crazy and hate the xbox 360 so much.

Funny, isn't it? Especially as both consoles are about on par with each other in terms of visual fidelity.
Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by timbabng(m): 11:43am On Aug 22, 2008
texazzpete:

The 360 actually has a more stellar library on it then the PS3. At least for now.

Funny, isn't it? Especially as both consoles are about on par with each other in terms of visual fidelity.

I'm sure as time goes on the ps3 will catch up, and when it comes to graphics it has been said that the ps3 has potential
Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by Wysiwyg: 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2008
@ jayson x,

funny as it is, one of my boys was just begging me yesterday to offer him 12k5 for the ntsc version of gtaIV. Told him I wasn't interested! I don't think It's that scarce.
Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by texazzpete(m): 3:27pm On Aug 24, 2008
timba_bng:

I'm sure as time goes on the ps3 will catch up, and when it comes to graphics it has been said that the ps3 has potential

Just the same hype that killed off the Dreamcast.

But much of it is pretty much all hype.

The important thing is to know what your priorities are and get the console you're more comfortable with. Personally i prefer the PS3 for it's extra multimedia features at the moment, but for gamers on a budget the Xbox 360 is a much better deal. You get exactly the same performance class for lower prices. If i had a broadband internet connection, i'm sure i'd prefer the Xbox 360 for it's much stronger online scene.
Either way you get to lose out on some of the more unique features each bring to the table if you own just one.
Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by Gamine(f): 4:13pm On Aug 24, 2008
To think i almost forgot there was a Dreamcast!!!

lol, it was that bad!
Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by ogagusps3: 4:43pm On Aug 24, 2008
IF u look at the line up games for the ps3 next year u would say the ps3 has better games. god of war 3, Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, and more. While the only good games coming to the 360 are Halo wars and gears of war 2.
Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by Gamine(f): 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2008
Forgot sef,

i tested the Wii at the mall today

kai!, its not my kinda of thing, i doubt i wld ever warm to it undecided
Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 24, 2008
Gamine:

Forgot sef,

i tested the Wii at the mall today

kai!, its not my kind of of thing, i doubt i would ever warm to it undecided

lucky you tested it first.

Some bought it based on the hype and were quite dissappointed
Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by ritchboy(m): 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2008
To think i almost forgot there was a Dreamcast!!!

lol, it was that bad!

the dreamcast wasnt bad!  angry  angry   angry
there were some very good games on it. nba/nfl 2k, sonic, resident evil: code veronica(one of the best in the series),final fantasy, power stone(one of my favourite games EVER!), n how could i forget SHENMUE,pretty awesome game. plus it was the very first console with online gaming/web browsing if i'm not mistaken. cool
my dreamcast is still somewhere in my house, it actually came on the last time i tried it, but the lens are dead.roaches prolly throw parties iniside it now.  grin
Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by lungwun(m): 3:48pm On Aug 27, 2008
after having a ps3 for 4 days now i really miss my 360.
the 360 is truly the best for core gamers now.
coupled with the fact that the mgs4 i had shipped down doesn't load more than act 2
is pretty depressing.
@ ritchboy
i totally agree the dreamcast was not bad cause it had shenmue.
i ate, breathed and lived that game and it is among my top 20 best games ever!
right next to gta san andreas.
big ups to ryo hazuki!!
Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by Mistiky(m): 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2008
@lungwun

I am a huge fan of the Dreamcast meself. Especially loved the shemue series. I really have fond memories of playing that game.

My whole fam, would assemble in the living room while i played and it was as if we were watching a hollywood blockbuster movie instead of a game.

The cutscenes are one of the best i've seen in any game till date most especially the interactive ones. I totally love those parts.
I even bougth and played the purely japanese version of the part two when i couldn't get the english version and i was making good progress despite not understanding a word of what i was seeing or hearing. Thats how in tune i was with the story line that i could play without understanding the lingo.

Anywyz, does anyone here av any update concerning a future release of the next episode. I've heard lots of stories but nothing concrete till date.

Sometimes i still get flashes of Landi on that copter and in my mind i'm like, plsssssssssss Ryo Hazuki give me the nxt episode. I cant wait to nail that guy.
But is he really the bad guy?   Since Ryo's dad killed his(Landi's) dad and took the medallion from him, doesn't that make him (Landi) a victim of some sort.
Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by iykedee: 9:45am On Aug 28, 2008
I am not writing off the wii but I'm above 18, thank you. Btw the xbox 360 and the ps3. Trying not to be biased cos I love both sony and the big M. My exodus was from ps1 to xbox to the ps3, but I play both consoles practically everyday cos my best friend has a 360 and I've got his house keys. The 360 had almost a year headstart on the ps3, so naturally, you are bound to find out that the 360 has more titles right now, but with impending titles like GOW3, RFOM 2, Killzone 2, and bioshock coming to the ps3, it's basically gears of war against mgs4, we all know who the clear winner will be.

As for online play, the ps3 ain't got sh*t on the 360 cos the 360 is basically king of that arena. But for functionality, the ps3 kicks major ass, noting that it's also a robust blu-ray player. Personally I think gaming is an expensive habit, so if you really are a hardcore gamer, then you'll have both systems or you'll miss out on some action. B4 I forget, Halo 3 is just awesome.

I am saving up to get a 360, so I'll get the best of both of both worlds, get both systems and consider yourself officially pimped and fit for the title; Game supremo. Church!!!!
Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by chiogo(f): 7:58pm On Aug 28, 2008
I don't see what's not to like about xbox pads. For goodness sakes, that shit is wireless!! cheesy

You could press a button from the living room and it would work on the game which is upstairs.

Oh well, i'm not a game-freak like before so i've never played the xbox 360 to know if it's good or not.

my brothers play it and i like the pad. So, i guess I'll choose PS2(not 3, it's been long i played, man tongue)

Wii That sounds chinese. Me no like. I see old women playing that shit on the train.
Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by ritchboy(m): 11:53pm On Aug 28, 2008
i cant believe i forgot to add quake to my list. before i fell in love with halo, i was married to quake(although there was a brief fling with unreal tourney sumwhere inbtw) grin
still waiting on shenmue 3. . . . .

@chiogo
the 360 controllers are the best invention since sliced bread! it makes every other pad feel like sh*t. cheesy
lol @ ur sig grin
Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by vowiski(m): 8:38am On Aug 29, 2008
PS3 rocks just the same way BRRACK OBAMA ROCKS all da way to the white house.
SINCE the begening of the year ps3 has outsold xbox360.
sales of xbox360 in japan has returned to its normal ignoring positon of 3k-6k/wk
when GEARS2 commes out, games like RESISTANCE2, LITTLEBIGPLANET(sackboy!), sSOCOM: confrontation. etc,  would be there to tackle and kill GOW2. lol
imagine the possibilities with sony's  new ps3 80gb model and new ps3 160gb model
and with HOME comming soon! including free access to it's network.
not forgetting the all loving Blue-ray player.
and METAL GEAR SOLID 5  which was recently comfirmed!
hw about the free video service, and friendly communication between the ps3 and psp,
more? huh? yea. go get one.
GO! PS FANS
RULE!
PLAY B3YOUND!
Re: Ps3, Wii Or Xbox 360 by chiogo(f): 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2008
ritchboy:

@chiogo
the 360 controllers are the best invention since sliced bread! it makes every other pad feel like sh*t. cheesy
lol @ your sig grin
Yup, the controllers are hot! L0L @ my signature.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There Any Action - Adventure Game That Beats Gta Iv / I Want To Exchange My Slim Ps3 + Cash For A Slim Ps4 / Poker - For Beginners And Pros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.