Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Listverse.com Says Nigerians Are Worse Than Nazis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Listverse.com Says Nigerians Are Worse Than Nazis (1086 Views)

Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / Dasuki Releases Breakdown Of Arms Purchases, Says “nigerians Will Hear A Lot” / Senators Are Worse Than Robbers –suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Listverse.com Says Nigerians Are Worse Than Nazis by NigerianAsshole(f): 12:30am On Jan 01, 2014
When discussing countries a listicle titles '10 Countries That Completely Hate Gay People', this site said Nigerians are worse that Nazis. Now, what do you have to say about this?

4. Nigeria

According to PEW Research, Nigeria is the most homophobic place on Earth. When asked if homosexuality should be accepted by society, 98 percent of respondents said no. This visceral hatred manifests itself in a particularly awful way—in the northern parts of the country, operating under Sharia Law, homosexuality is punishable by death.

Specifically, the law states that gay people are to be stoned to death, an inhumane form of execution that should have died out back in the dark ages. Things aren’t much better in the Christian south. Currently, being gay is punishable by 14 years in prison, and late last year, a bill was passed making it illegal to fail to report anyone you suspect of being homosexual. This actually surpasses the legislation Hitler put in place against homosexuals in Germany. Not that we’re not saying they’re Nazis—we’re saying they’re worse than Nazis.

http://listverse.com/2013/12/30/10-countries-that-completely-hate-gay-people/
Re: Listverse.com Says Nigerians Are Worse Than Nazis by funshint(m): 12:38am On Jan 01, 2014
Who cares...HPNY!!!
Re: Listverse.com Says Nigerians Are Worse Than Nazis by josemaria03(m): 12:57am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year :-) :-D
Re: Listverse.com Says Nigerians Are Worse Than Nazis by Andyblaze: 1:16am On Jan 01, 2014
we don't actually give a Bleep about what they label us angry angry
Re: Listverse.com Says Nigerians Are Worse Than Nazis by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 01, 2014
mtcheeew
Re: Listverse.com Says Nigerians Are Worse Than Nazis by roqchiq(f): 7:44am On Jan 01, 2014
I love listverse....and i won't blame them, because we (nigerians), tend to concern ourselves with trival issues, while ignoring the things that really matter. You give gays (two conscientous adults) 14yrs sentence, how many times have they tried and sentenced; child/baby molesters, wife/women batterers, incest offenders, corrupt leaders, producers of fake products, to mention a few.

Before the bashing start oo, am not giving an excuse for gays, neither am i in support of a rather disgusting act, but i believe its their business, as long as it isn't affecting others negatively.

I pray that in 2014, we won't let ourselves be overwhelmed by trival issues, but we will focus of developing ourselves and our country, without religious, political,or tribal sentiments.

Happy New Year!

(1) (Reply)

Diary Of Violence In Ogun State Under Governor Daniel By Oludare Abayomi / 2015: Will Abia Be The First SE State To Have ''wetie, Wetie'' In Politics? / Is General Muhammad Buhari Electable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.