Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,627 members, 7,823,760 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

The Bible’s Viewpoint - Should Christians Share In New Year’s Festivities? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible’s Viewpoint - Should Christians Share In New Year’s Festivities? (1485 Views)

'Putting Out Fleeces': Christians Share Your Experience / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Christians: Share Ur Testimonies Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible’s Viewpoint - Should Christians Share In New Year’s Festivities? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
Bidam: These are biblical festivals and feasts in jewish calenders and they are scriptural. The question posed to you is do you celebrate them since they are written in your bible? Answer Yes or No.

the law is no more binding on Christians. I think that's where your problem is. As for the passover, yes, we do as Christ did it.
Re: The Bible’s Viewpoint - Should Christians Share In New Year’s Festivities? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2014
victwi:
I don't understand your post, but I don't see how Christians celebrate the new year the pagan-way. We do it the God-way

Do research bro, the op is a good start.
Re: The Bible’s Viewpoint - Should Christians Share In New Year’s Festivities? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
JMAN05:

the law is no more binding on Christians. I think that's where your problem is. As for the passover, yes, we do as Christ did it.
sO WHY SHOULD WE KEEP ONLY THE PASSOVER FEAST AND NEGLECT OTHERS HEAR PAUL:

He continued to follow the Levitical feast day of Unleavened Bread:

Acts 20:6 - And we sailed away from Philippi after the days of unleavened bread, and came unto them to Troas in five days; where we abode seven days.

He kept and encouraged others to keep Passover:

Cor. 5:8 - Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

He continued to follow the Levitical feast day of Shavuot (Pentecost):

Acts 20:16 - For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

1 Corinthians 16:8 - But I will tarry at Ephesus until Pentecost.

There is nowhere in scripture where Paul says these feasts are not binding.
Re: The Bible’s Viewpoint - Should Christians Share In New Year’s Festivities? by tunbebes(f): 3:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
@op. I do agree wif u dat d celebratn of newyear originatd frm pagans nt frm Jesus. It has no scriptural backing too..so why celebrate. As xtians we shld celebrate everyday..we do nt nid to set a day asyd. Our odun shld be ojojumo. We all re happy God md us see a newyear..true! But who knows wat d year would turn out to be for him? I Blv we shld stay focused nd devote more tym to serving God now as the lastdayz are here and we all live in difficult tym hard to deal with. Tanx.
Re: The Bible’s Viewpoint - Should Christians Share In New Year’s Festivities? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 08, 2014
Bidam: sO WHY SHOULD WE KEEP ONLY THE PASSOVER FEAST AND NEGLECT OTHERS HEAR PAUL:

He continued to follow the Levitical feast day of Unleavened Bread:

Acts 20:6 - And we sailed away from Philippi after the days of unleavened bread, and came unto them to Troas in five days; where we abode seven days.

He kept and encouraged others to keep Passover:

Cor. 5:8 - Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

He continued to follow the Levitical feast day of Shavuot (Pentecost):

Acts 20:16 - For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

1 Corinthians 16:8 - But I will tarry at Ephesus until Pentecost.

There is nowhere in scripture where Paul says these feasts are not binding.

My dear this thread is not about the law. If you think you know how to prove the law as binding on christians, please form a thread and invite me.

The passover done by Christians is different from the Jewish passover. I don't need to educate you on that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How The Separation Of Church/mosque And State Will Benefitafrica / Past Life / Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Unveils Plan To Build 100,000 Capacity Theatre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.