Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 (1009 Views)

See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Ombatse Cult: "We Are Not Militias, We Are A Prayer Group " / Did Anambra State Ever Sack Abians In The Past? Anyone With Info, Please Say (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 by TUMIC(m): 9:31am On Jan 01, 2014
Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

“All powerful and merciful father, you are the God of justice love and peace. You rule over all the Nations of Earth. Power and Might are in your hands and no one can withstand you. I present our country Nigeria before you. II praise and thank for you are the source of all we have and are. We are sorry for all the sins we have committed and for the good deeds we have failed to do. In your loving forgiveness, keep us save from the punishment we deserve. Lord we are weighed down not only by uncertainties, but also by moral, economic and political problems. Listen to the cries of your people who confidently turn to you.  God of infinite goodness, our strength in diversity, Our health in weakness, our comfort in sorrow, Be merciful to us your people.
Spare this nation Nigeria from chaos anarchy and doom. Bless us with your kingdom of justice, love and peace. We ask this through Christ our Lord, Amen”.
Before you brand me a prayer warrior, let me first confess that both the title and content of the above prayer is a direct copy from the Catholic Bishops composition as far back as the June 27, 1993. This date should be familiar to students of Nigeria politics. Remember the June 12, 1993 annulment saga

I am more concerned about us Nigeria, our politics, our people, our economy, and our socio-cultural and infrastructural challenges. The Bishops’ prayers have never been more relevant than now.
To put the prayer in perspective, let me attempt to take you through some of the many leadership phases we have had to travel in recent times.

Re: ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 by phoneport(m): 9:45am On Jan 01, 2014
Nigeria, may this year till 2015 and above not lead to your disintegration as a nation.
Amen
Re: ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 by FreeGlobe(f): 9:50am On Jan 01, 2014
phoneport: Nigeria, may this year till 2015 and above not lead to your disintegration as a nation.
Amen
This prayer will not be answered. who is afraid of disintegration
Re: ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 by phoneport(m): 9:56am On Jan 01, 2014
FreeGlobe:
This prayer will not be answered. who is afraid of disintegration

Why are you talking like this? Are you for or against Nigeria.
Re: ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 by FreeGlobe(f): 10:50am On Jan 01, 2014
phoneport:

Why are you talking like this? Are you for or against Nigeria.
there is no Nigeria. pray for you Zone/Region. Nigeria will surely disintegrate
Re: ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 by donphilopus: 10:59am On Jan 01, 2014
FreeGlobe:
What if it doesn't??
Re: ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 by baralatie(m): 12:28pm On Jan 01, 2014
Psalm 136
"GIVE THANKS"

Heavenly Father!
I am thankful 1st u are Lord and all merciful.

O God! I thank you for NIGERIA as a nation,for independ 1960.FOR the flag of green-white-green.
O God!all the ppl that wit 1 heart fought for the existence(AWOLOWO,AZIKIWE,AHMADU BELLO,MACAULAY TO The least person).Thank you Lord!

Heavenly Father!when Nigeria started this journey,we thank you for what we had in 1914 and 1960.
But now i am humbled by what u av given us and i am grateful for them.u are the most merciful God!
Heavenly Father u gave universities & polytec,colleg numbering over 50 wit prof,lecturers.
U gave us secondary and primary sch over 3000
U gave us cities
U gave us road network,bridges.dams,
U gave us airport,seaport,train.
U gave us National Theatre and stadiums uncountable.
U gave us modern houses and teaching hospitals!
U gave us light!
U gave us oil!

Heavenly Father!thank u for them and many more tings!

Heavenly Father!i am also humbled and grateful and thankful for every single woman in Nigeria.Father u gave us the most beautiful,intelligent,charismatic,endowed,wealthy,discreet,hardworking,motherly,humble,fruitful,highflyers to the point ppl from other nations are jealous.Thank u Lord!

Heavenly Father!i tank u for every Nigerian man!u av made us the envy amongst are neighbors.u av blessed wit everytin.u av given us Men of God,prof,inventors,wealth,poolitical genius,captains of industry,u av given keys to cities(south africa,london,u.s.a,canada etc).

Heavenly Father as a Nation Nigeria we are young!CONTINUE TO LUV US,LIK US,ENJOY OUR COUNTRY,STAY WIT US,FORGIVE US,BLES US. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from all evil!

THANK U LORD for u wil do gr8 and mighty things for us!
AMEN!

Happy New Year!
Re: ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 by TUMIC(m): 12:46pm On Jan 01, 2014
Amen
Re: ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 by TUMIC(m): 12:46pm On Jan 01, 2014
baralatie: Psalm 136
"GIVE THANKS"

Heavenly Father!

O God! I thank you for NIGERIA as a nation,for independ 1960.FOR the flag of green-white-green.
O God!all the ppl that wit 1 heart fought for the existence(AWOLOWO,AZIKIWE,AHMADU BELLO,MACAULAY TO The least person).Thank you Lord!

Heavenly Father!when Nigeria started this journey,we thank you for what we had in 1914 and 1960.
But now i am humbled by what u av given us and i am grateful for them.u are the most merciful God!
Heavenly Father u gave universities & polytec,colleg numbering over 50 wit prof,lecturers.
U gave us cities
U gave us light!
U gave us oil!

Heavenly Father!i am also humbled and grateful and thankful for every single woman in Nigeria.Father u gave us the most beautiful,intelligent,charismatic,endowed,wealthy,discreet,hardworking,motherly,humble,fruitful,highflyers to the point ppl from other nations are jealous.Thank u Lord!

Heavenly Father!i tank u for every Nigerian man!u av made us the envy amongst are neighbors.u av blessed wit everytin.u av given us Men of God,prof,inventors,wealth,poolitical genius,captains of industry,u av given keys to cities(south africa,london,u.s.a,canada etc).

Heavenly Father as a Nation Nigeria we are young!CONTINUE TO LUV US,LIK US,ENJOY OUR COUNTRY,STAY WIT US,FORGIVE US,BLES US. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from all evil!

AMEN!

Happy New Year!

God bless you and your family for your hope and love for this nation.
Re: ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 by UyiIredia(m): 1:01pm On Jan 01, 2014
I pray Nigerians should start using their hands and minds to make a better country.
Re: ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 01, 2014
May 2014, bring the big boost to the restoration of the Biafran Republic.

Eem, sorry OP, i dont really have any prayer for Nigeria except, that it should disintegrate!
Re: ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 by internetseller: 5:45pm On Jan 01, 2014
noblezone: May 2014, bring the big boost to the restoration of the Biafran Republic.

Eem, sorry OP, i dont really have any prayer for Nigeria except, that it should disintegrate!

Enemy of progress your plan will not work in Jesus name
Re: ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 04, 2014
FreeGlobe:

Ada di nma,
happy new year.

I know we "fought" over the Anambra guber poll, my position was for no other reason other than that extending the APC tentacles to our state would be a draw back to our dream of indepemdent state of Biafra. The leaders of the APC are the same internal colonial masters from the West and the North whom over the years has shown us through devilish policies that we are a conqeured people.

I know that your passion is for the goodness of our lands, and mine is not different either. We only saw it from different perspectives.

On this issue of the future of Nigeria, we agree; I hereby extend my warm greetings.
Happy New Year once more.
Re: ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 04, 2014
internetseller:

Enemy of progress your plan will not work in Jesus name

Hahahahahaha!

Me. Enemy of progress?
Please what do you mean by progress?
That a child who scored 69% in an entrance exam was denied admission because he is from Anambra State while another child that scored 1% is offered admission because he is from Yobe or Zamfara?

in a few years time, the Anambra kid would graduate as Engineer and would be sent to serve Nigeria at Borno where he stands the chance of being slaughtered just because he is an "infidel".

That is not progress bro! In Biafra, we will have a level playing ground for all and we dont slaughter people like goats while given praises to "allah".

I know you have made some "progress" in trying to wipe us out, but you will never succeed. from the genocide over the allegation of an "Igbo coup" to this present day killings, the blood our people have made "rivers" in Nigeria, and all we are saying is, "enough".

Tell me what the man fron Anambra have in common with the man from Kano? No common ideaology, no common values, no common interests.

The Jihardists prefer Sharia to govern them and they have left no one in doubt that they want it enforced in Nigeria, then I should fold my hands and allow them?

In Biafra, we wont be cutting arms and legs, and stonning people to death as if we are in the 1800s.

While some people do not want education, they insist on ruling over those who love education and then come after us with violence if we say no.

Nigeria is a product of the mischieviousness of the whiteman, it is a lie that has come to an end.

Let us meet at the National Conference.
Re: ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 by baralatie(m): 9:26am On Jan 04, 2014
baralatie: Psalm 136
"GIVE THANKS"

Heavenly Father!

U gave us cities
U gave us light!
U gave us oil!

AMEN!

Happy New Year!
Re: ATTENTION ALL PLEASE!!! Say a Prayer For Nigeria In 2014 by internetseller: 11:29am On Jan 04, 2014
Why is it that all the southerners and easterners ever talk about is divide and break Nigeria?
As if the National confrence will give them that?
This is one nation and we should think of ways of improving and not drowning the nation.
If there is any way we can peacefully separate no problem, but if your plan is for Nigeria to remain in civil unrest, chaos, tribal and ethnic wars heading towards total destruction, then your plan will not work.
God still love Nigeria to allow that to become our lot.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Election Was Neither Free Nor Fair - Deputy Governor / JUST IN: 17-yr-old Malala Donates $200,000 For Abducted Girls Education (PHOTOS) / Lawmaker Begs Colleagues Not To Impeach Al-makura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.