Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,916 members, 7,863,207 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:03 PM

What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? (690 Views)

We Thank President Goodluck Jonathan For Being A Gracious Contestant - GMB / We Thank President Goodluck Jonathan For Being A Gracious Contestant - GMB / Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2013 In One Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by promisengr(m): 9:49am On Jan 01, 2014
Interesting read from Facebook on this comment

Kennedy B Davis GEJ is doing a good job, you may not see it because your minds had been beclouded by hatred for him. Everybody is corrupt in their own little way. If you are to be the next president, what are the improvements that'll be seen? Can you lead better than him? Stop criticizing and start praying for him. Atleast thank him for the little good he has done. God bless GEJ

Here are his replies from people

Afolabi Shamsudeen Thunder fire ur stupid mth can u jst pls mention one good tins he as done idiot? Tnk God u skul in kaduna mumu

Sikiru Olanrewaju Opakunle This is a simple English....What cn u thank him for in 2013?

Kennedy B Davis #Sikiru, you are trying to tell me that he has done nothing good for this country throughout this year? Haba! be truthful

Musa Auwal Kallamu Hmmmm!! We ar nt goin 2 c it? So u mean if jonathan construct road, diclear free education at all level like wat kwankwaso did nw, reduce petrol frm 65 dat he met 2 45 or 50 per litter, deal wit corrupt people like hw obasanjo did 2 tafa balogun, e t c.... Nd we will still nt c it? So all wat u ar sayin here is a reason? Is dis hw ur gorvernors ar doin 2 u das y u people ar fightin cos of dem? Time will tell!!!

Chigbo Anslem God bless GEJ

Salis Muhammad Moriki U are asked to mention one positive thing he did, but u cudnt. Tell us what he did & stop beat about d bush.

Victor Umanah Ethnicity and tribalism. D northerners against mr president and d southerners haul abuses on him. Wel, i jst hope we do get a chance to rule 9ja one day, lets c wt we can contribute.

Sumaila Oyibo A sick yaradua is 100% better than a healthy jonath. 4 1yr he reduce the price of petrol frm 75 to 65 creat ministry of niger delta solve the menace of militancy. Yaradua we miss you. Rest in peace Baba.

Elizabeth Odoko Gudboy!

Sadiq Isiaka Stella Odua.
100 B for naira two animals @ Aso rock.
100 bn naira for kola nd tom tom.
855 bn naira for fueling aso rock generator.
200 bn naira for travelling, is he travelling d whole world.
GEJ u try wella.

Goodluck Frank Ohis GEJ is a disgrace to the south..........all my life av neva seeing such a clueless and dumb leader before

Oluwasegun Shomuji My broda 've u read next year's budget? GEJ is a confused, corrupt, ambitious and an alcoholic president nigerians would hate to have.

Sunday Oyeyipo Tell Nigerians one positive archievement he made since inception.

Kennedy B Davis His tenure has been the
most challenging of all,
patience is a virtue ,lets
Pray he does more improvement afterwards.

Adeniyi Nuhudeen Kennedy better becareful make d better no come change 2 bitter 4 u..Why u dey support BEAST? SATANic soldier

Abdullahi Umar You dnt knw anythng about Nigeria and the incompetent president.

Prince Afolabi @kennedy b davis u beta shut ur trap if u dnt knw anytin pls ken jst mention 1 area of achievement ur so cal mr president gej av done or touch successfully since in power

Felix Joseph sounds funny but without blowing GEJ's horns as I notice some of his flaws, authoritatively I say dat no one here can lead better than he had; or who above hadn't favored his sibling over another, or heartmate over others. Nigerians, lets be tuthful to ourselves and pray for better advances.

It is always a 50-50 war about whether the leaders are right or wrong....
Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by victorazy(m): 9:50am On Jan 01, 2014
His maturity, his white teeth and his round cap they are all awesome. Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria, long live GEJ u will rule till 2019 haters shld go and die.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 01, 2014
For selling power holding company.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by Mrevildoer(m): 9:55am On Jan 01, 2014
Nothing angry
Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by size38: 9:57am On Jan 01, 2014
Nothing to thank GEJ for. He is a complete failure and waste of time

1 Like

Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by ckkris: 10:02am On Jan 01, 2014
For demonstrating that Obasanjo doesn't own Nigeria.

Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by maasoap(m): 10:04am On Jan 01, 2014
I will thank him for paying almost 3 trillion naira on fuel subsidy in 2011 when his two predecessors paid 300 billion naira annually. Jona really tries for us, Nigerians. He made Abacha looked like a Saint, corruption-wise.
Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by kelvincoll(m): 10:13am On Jan 01, 2014
Left Onitcha Anmabra @ 7.47am,arrived Anthony lagos @ 1.26pm yesterday. It was an appreciable smooth ride. The road was okay if GEJ is responsible for this, then am thankful. Happy New year Nairalanders!

6 Likes

Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by jayseehe(m): 10:26am On Jan 01, 2014
notin. Abeg who cook 4 here? I never chop since last year
Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by Brimmie(m): 10:36am On Jan 01, 2014
NOTHING
Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 01, 2014
Not necessarily that I have to thank the president (since he is working with our money) but I acknowledge and appreciate the following:

1. Transparent privatisation of PHCN

2. Award of contract and commencement of work on Enugu-PH road

3. Free and fair elections in my home state, Anambra

4. Conversion of Enugu Airport to an international Airport.

5. Availability of fuel in Enugu at the same price it is sold in Lagos and Abuja.

4 Likes

Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by 9jii(m): 10:51am On Jan 01, 2014
Job n God bless.
Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by simpleseyi: 11:18am On Jan 01, 2014
Thank you Mr President for selling NEPA, me I no know PHCN to Obasanjo and Abdulsalami Abubakar, but pls ask them how much they earned throughout their working days to be able to afford NEPA or PHCN.
Thank you Mr President for bringing facebook to Nigeria according to your foolish Minister of Education.
Thank you also for getting drunk several times abroad and disgracing the nation by landing in hospital.
Thank you once again for training several snipers in North Korea.
Thank you for closing Nigeria's universities for 6 months thereby giving our ladies time to prostitute, some got wedded and bore children while the smart ones made illegal money thru yahoo yahoo.
Thank you Mrs President, our jesus-on-earth for helping us teach the stubborn Amaechi a lesson, but next time please Mrs Sheppopo contest for election if you want to control the state.
Thank you Mr President for the several millions of naira you budgeted for Aso Rock animals, now we know there are more than 2 animals occupying Aso Rock. We formerly thought Mr & Mrs Jonathan are the only two animals, now we know better .

Thank you Mr & Mrs Jonathan, may God run your lives the way you have run Nigeria
Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by UyiIredia(m): 11:32am On Jan 01, 2014
Sincere 9gerian: 1. Transparent privatisation of PHCN

I disagree. Was there a step-by-step update on its details and how its details now work out (key word being details) ? Besides he didn't start it, as far as I know, OBJ did.

Sincere 9gerian: 2. Award of contract and commencement of work on Enugu-PH

Okay. But I know nothing on that.

Sincere 9gerian: 3. Free and fair elections in my home state, Anambra

Very laughable. An election that Jega confirmed was compromised so mych so in Abuja he knew an electoral officer involved. An election observers noted dirty money changed hands. An election declared inconclusive when many registered voters where disenfranchised for a sham supplementary election to be held. Where turn-out was low for reasons like poor awareness.

Sincere 9gerian: 4. Conversion of Enugu Airport to an international Airport.

Okay.

Sincere 9gerian: 5. Availability of fuel in Enugu at the same price it is sold in Lagos and Abuja.

Okay.

In all, despite some little good that has been done the annoying thing is you celebrate mediocrity. You don't. You critic or encourage mediocres to become better. Not praise them.
Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 01, 2014
I thank him for dislodging the Cabals in PDP !!

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by ckkris: 1:51pm On Jan 01, 2014
Nigerians are now as to aspire and express themselves, in politics, the military & papa-military, civil service, private sector, almost every sector is free from the STRANGLE-HOLD of evil cabals.
But they're fighting back, furiously, through their Lagos Newspapers, and born-to-rule c(evil) servants.
Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by superstar1(m): 2:26pm On Jan 01, 2014
Thank you Mr President for your body language on corruption
Thank you for being powerless to fight corruption in your government and thank you for covertly backing the corrupt officials in your govt.

Kindly keep it up in 2014 sir, or is it your excellency.
Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by Goddex: 2:34pm On Jan 01, 2014
1) In 2013, Under this administration, Nigeria Super Eagles won the Nation's Cup again after 20yrs of abysmal outing.................Thank you Mr President

2) Same year, our Junior national team also brought home the world cup............Thank you Mr President

3) Agriculture is booming. Food, food, food everywhere even despite last year's heavy flood..............Thank you President GEJ

4) Nigerians are gradually forgetting about the evil word called FUEL SCARCITY that past leaders subjected us to for several decades. For fuel supply all year round.................Thank you Presidoo

5) PHCN privatisation. We shall see results with time. Let's give the new owners upto third quarter of this year to fix things

6) So many road projects
(a) Oshodi - Apapa express way
(b) Lokoja - Abuja super expressway
(c) Benin - Ore expressway
(d) Kano - Maidugri expressway
(f) Ebonyi - Ogoja - Ikom - Cameroon int'l expway

1 Like

Re: What Can You Thank President Jonathan For In 2013? by samilo88(m): 2:50pm On Jan 01, 2014
Thank you Mr President for sagamu-Benin express way. Actually spent just 3hrs travelling from lagos to Benin, a trip I spent an average of 5-6hrs some yrs back when going to school.
Thank you Mr President for the privatization of the power sector. I still don't enjoy 24hrs of electricity yet, but am not too myopic to know that very soon power problem would be a thing of the past.
Thanks for the SURE-P program. A very good friend of mine was a beneficiary of the YOUWIN initiative. He now runs a business enterprise in Uyo where he has created jobs for several persons.
Above all I thank you for your electoral reform, we now have an active opposition a situation that wasn't possible before now.
But you have to do more as regards corruption. No one should be a sacred cow irrespective of their tribal or religious background.
Once again, thank you Mr President.

(1) (Reply)

Video Of A Kenyan Woman Mocking President Jonathan / Kwara Wants To Get Rid Of Saraki -belgore / Unknown Policemen Distroys Newly Opened APC Secretariat In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.