Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,896 members, 7,824,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? (1434 Views)

I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? / Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by Alexbond(m): 11:45pm On Jan 01, 2014
what's your own opinion on picking the speaker of house of representative waziri tambuwa as APC presidential candidate? To me i knew tambuwa has presidential ambition as at fourth quarter of 2012 due to some of his articles i read back then,i dnt see anything bad in this because every nigerian has the right.Despite tambuwa is a northerner i don't see him as a better candidate because of the way he handles the house of representative but APC claimed that he is chrismatic this and that also i dont know what tambuwa have done in time past before or after he joined politics that makes him stands out.i mean maybe tambuwa has done expoilt somehere in his profession or during his time in any other office?To be frank Tambuwa been a northerner will fetch him more vote than GEJ in the north and because he is runing on a platform of mainly yorubas will fetch him more votes in the south west summation of this vote i think will give him a edge ahead to the votes coming from but SE and SS i think! and we all know the middle belt is the region to fight for.To me this is the permutation APC is following in other to win the election at all cost even if their candidate did not deliver at the end of the day.I so much wanted to vote for APC if they provide a competent candidate,Some nigerians like myself have regretted making this kind of mistake when we voted for GEJ because of sympathy and not his previous achievement or ability,I think history is about to repeat itself or GEJ till 2019?Despite the fact that many have tested GEJ and he have failed because i dont see any reason why a seating president should not be able to convince the masses for the second term with laudable projects all he has to use now is ethinicity and religious difference but with this i prefer repeating my mistake once again by voting for GEJ rather than a northerner that all his there for is to waste nigeria foreign reserve and personalise crude oil.Having a Yoruba VP is useless because of the constitutional limitation placed on them.I hope APC will change their candidate for the sake of the masses because many will vote for them irrespective of their candidate because they are fed up of GEJ and PDP but this wont help on a long run.Nigerians we have to reason well this time around our political leaders have always been providing clueless vote wininer.You can add to this or remove from it because is just an opinion also insult is allowed but without sentiment. Did you think Tambuwal will be better than GEJ in the Aso Rock?

1 Like

Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by MayorofLagos(m): 12:45am On Jan 02, 2014
The executive post is strenous. Gej barely does anything now but he is at least attempting to keep good image. Soon as he realizes he has lost the election preparation will kick in to go into self-exile. He will be preoccupied with self survival. Soon after he hands over no one will see him in public or know his whereabout. He will not be the only one, few in his cabinet will dissapear as well.

His successor will inherit a damaged economy, a damaged and demoralized civil service and a security challenge.

These are aspects that will be highly risky for someone of Buhari's age. We do not want another dead President in office. Beside that, when he was in uniform Buhari made plenty enemies outside because he practically plugged all the loop holes through which Western powers had unrestricted access to exploit our economy. They did not like him, and Im sure they are apprehensive of his return to power. Saudi Arabia is a big influence on oil market and America listens to them. Saudi Arabia will never forgive Buhari for dismantling and terminating the process and filing at advanced stages of accepting Nigeria into OIC, even though IBB reinstated and completed it. We need at this period to reverse the damages done by GEJ to our image abroad. Buhari is morally credible to do it but diplomacy at international level demands a lot of tact and romancing and Buhari, unfortunately lacks diplomacy; he is not a good frontfacing person to present internationally.

Tambuwal has been in House of Reps since 2003 and been in three parties - ANPP, DPP and now PDP. APC will be his fourth when he crosses over, which I believe he will considering his fraternity with Wammako. He is a trained lawyer but his professional career has all been in legislative, no private practice, that is a negative on his resume. He has never even practice in judiciary. So professionally he is one dimensional and international exposure his minimal, although he is personally polished and cultured. We must peruse through sponsored bills and floor votes as well as committee votes to get a full profile of the man professionally.

APC can only zone positions, who ends up filling the position is up to the caucases in that zone. If you notice APC announced that Presidency is zoned to North and left it at that. North consist NW, NC and NE zones. So the caucases in these three zones will be picking a choice. Likewise VP is zoned to SW but we have political blocs in SW and the blocks will have to meet and decide and I believe Yoruba NE (Ekiti/Ondo) has been choosen. I dont know if they are thinking about Olu Falae or not. SE will give us Senate President and SS will present Speaker of House.

At this point, Tambuwal should be regarded as a place holder for a more qualified Northern candidate to emerge. His announcement is a political trick and is already producing positive results for APC.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by tolu4you: 12:50am On Jan 02, 2014
watching....
Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by bombay: 1:37am On Jan 02, 2014
Hausa slaves
Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by bombay: 1:38am On Jan 02, 2014
arewa peoples congress

Islamic party of nigeria
Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by Nobody: 2:01am On Jan 02, 2014
I think Tambu's selection is d quest for northern presidency and nothing more.

1st, Tambu is still in PDP as at today.

2nd, Tambu is not d most qualified of northern elements like Ribadu and other more intelligent and sagacious northerners.

Tambu is too crass with his statements and "his body language condoles corruption"

APC will loose if they field Tambu as presidential candidate.
Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by harjiyoung(m): 2:13am On Jan 02, 2014
Wetin concern me?

Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by Rhemar(m): 3:22am On Jan 02, 2014
Tambuwal has shown so much leadership prowess wt d way he's been handling affairs in d house so far bt I still feel there better qualified candidates
Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by owobokiri(m): 3:50am On Jan 02, 2014
Those angling for Tambuwal or Buhari to lead this country simply because such heineous scenerio satisfy their narrow tribal parochial interests should be getting ready to have a new nation. The rest of us must find a way to give you your independence so Tambuwal will run the affairs of your state with your groundnut and cocoa receipts. There is nothing administratively spectacular about this sheepish looking Tambuwal or the boko haram apologist Buhari. They represent a retarded conservative culture that is high on clannishnes and sectionalism. You dont wnt Jonathan out because he is underperforming, you want him out because you want your 'man 'at the helm. Just as you guys fought one Jonathan to a standstill, God forbids any of them gets the presidency because it wont be rosy. Nigerias presidency is not the birthright of the north and west of this country.
Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:16am On Jan 02, 2014
Alexbond: what's your own opinon on picking the speaker of house of representative waziri tambuwa as APC presidential candidate? To me i knew tambuwa has presidential ambition as at fourth quarter of 2012 due to some of his articles i read back then,i dnt see anything bad in this because every nigerian has the right.Despite tambuwa is a northerner i don't see him as a better candidate because of the way he handles the house of representative but APC claimed that he is chrismatic this and that also i dont know what tambuwa have done in time past before or after he joined politics that makes him stands out.i mean maybe tambuwa has done expoilt somehere in his profession or during his time in any other office?To be frank Tambuwa been a northerner will fetch him more vote than GEJ in the north and because he is runing on a platform of mainly yorubas will fetch him more votes in the south west summation of this vote i think will give him a edge ahead to the votes coming from but SE and SS i think! and we all know the middle belt is the region to fight for.To me this is the permutation APC is following in other to win the election at all cost even if their candidate did not deliver at the end of the day.I so much wanted to vote for APC if they provide a competent candidate,Some nigerians like myself have regretted making this kind of mistake when we voted for GEJ because of sympathy and not his previous achievement or ability,I think history is about to repeat itself or GEJ till 2019?Despite the fact that many have tested GEJ and he have failed because i dont see any reason why a seating president should not be able to convince the masses for the second term with laudable projects all he has to use now is ethinicity and religious difference but with this i prefer repeating my mistake once again by voting for GEJ rather than a northerner that all his there for is to waste nigeria foreign reserve and personalise crude oil.Having a Yoruba VP is useless because of the constitutional limitation placed on them.I hope APC will change their candidate for the sake of the masses because many will vote for them irrespective of their candidate because they are fed up of GEJ and PDP but this wont help on a long run.Nigerians we have to reason well this time around our political leaders have always been providing clueless vote wininer.You can add to this or remove from it because is just an opinion also insult is allowed but without sentiment.
Vote Tambuwal or anyone else and you might as well vote GEJ.

Theres only one popular politician in Nigeria thats not corrupt, and thats Buhari. The rest are all the same.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by Nobody: 4:29am On Jan 02, 2014
bombay: Hausa slaves
You must be talking about Alex Ekwueme under Shagari or Dora Akunyili cleaning Turai's kitchen. Those were some of the Ibos names who served as slaves under Hausa/Fulani.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by fkaz(m): 5:00am On Jan 02, 2014
I just need a leader that will stand against corruption and not the type that will condone it, like the present govt lead by GEJ

1 Like

Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by Godsun(m): 5:06am On Jan 02, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Vote Tambuwal or anyone else and you might as well vote GEJ.

Theres only one popular politician in Nigeria thats not corrupt, and thats Buhari. The rest are all the same.

I agree with you because it is too risky to test run a candidate that doesn't have any significant previous achievement. Nigeria is too big to be run by an inexperience person. Let's kill personal interest, religious and ethnically grudges and vote for the person that can fight corruption and deliver good results. We need a ruthless and bold person, all this english speakers like GEJ and Tambuwal might not work. Fashola had great achievement when he was chief of staff under Tinubu, I am not saying they are not corrupt but atleast he has a good record, they r stealing money tactically in lagos but lagosians still prefers them. Let's us vote someone that we are sure of giving us security, corruption free then power, employment and all that will fall in easily. We can't get 100% perfect candidate!!!

3 Likes

Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by MsRola: 5:24am On Jan 02, 2014
I only need a man that will fight corruption, repair our damage image internationlly, promote unity, give a definite path to national growth, remove wife and girl friend s from minister position but technocrat and have a clear understanding of Nigeria greatest problem and give a clear solution path.. But not the continuation of this present nonsense... Tribalisim has never paid off nor sentiment but we need to be realistic now with ourselves..
God help Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by Femolacaster(m): 6:45am On Jan 02, 2014
Though, Tambuwal is not 100% perfect, i still prefer him to clueless Gej!
Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by MayorofLagos(m): 6:57am On Jan 02, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Vote Tambuwal or anyone else and you might as well vote GEJ.

I would like to point two things out to you.

1. Traditionally there are three major ethnicities in core North - Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri. Of these three only Fulani and Kanuri are rulers of the cultures up there. Neither one of them have a check and balance structure in their ruling system; they rule autocratically. This is why they perform best in uniform. We are no longer in uniform regime, this is Alagbada regime and it demands for check and balances. Fulani and Kanuri system of rulership is apathetic to democratic process in which a society must be ordered along the tiers of checks and balances. This is why sharing power is a hard thing for them to understand. It is also why they succeed in military but fail in democracy.

Everytime the Northerners introduce democracy in their region the place blow up. In the 60s; 80s and now 2000s. Their Emirs and the people are incapacitated by the rigours of checks and balances.

Therefore Buhari's success as a military man is without question and his weakness in agbada is also acknowledged. He is popular for his signature brand - civic discipline; but if he were to install that in our democracy he will ruin the process of balance that exist between the executive, legislature and judiciary. So how do you get a Buhari or any Northerner for that matter and keep sanity in this system?

2. By creating a synthetic arrangement.
Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by Dbryan: 6:58am On Jan 02, 2014
May God help us nt 2 make wrong choice of who give d mantle of leadership.
Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by agbameta: 7:02am On Jan 02, 2014
i prefer repeating my mistake once again by voting for GEJ rather than a northerner that all his there for is to waste nigeria foreign reserve and personalise crude oil

Do you know the state of your foreign reserve and oil output under Jonadatf?

Ignorant, bigots and illiterates like you shouldn't be allowed to vote .

1 Like

Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by Jordanmusa(m): 8:25am On Jan 02, 2014
Ignorant punk, what the hell are you saying? If given a chance you'll perform worse. Hipocrite!

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by Alexbond(m): 8:38am On Jan 02, 2014
Godsun:

I agree with you because it is too risky to test run a candidate that doesn't have any significant previous achievement. Nigeria is too big to be run by an inexperience person. Let's kill personal interest, religious and ethnically grudges and vote for the person that can fight corruption and deliver good results. We need a ruthless and bold person, all this english speakers like GEJ and Tambuwal might not work. Fashola had great achievement when he was chief of staff under Tinubu, I am not saying they are not corrupt but atleast he has a good record, they r stealing money tactically in lagos but lagosians still prefers them. Let's us vote someone that we are sure of giving us security, corruption free then power , employment and all that will fall in easily. We can't get 100% perfect candidate!!!
thanks man Nigerians needed someone with achievement prove and not just regional representative and vote winners

1 Like

Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by Alexbond(m): 8:58am On Jan 02, 2014
agbameta:

lol everybody has d right to vote and for u calling me all this sort of names cause of my personal choice and reason to vote for someone,i believe u re more worse. To answer ur question nigeria foreign reserve accumulated during OBJ's regime was lavished under Yar'Adua not to talk of oda past millitary rulers dat has nothing to show after their administration but depth.like i said GEJ has failed but i prefer him to Tambuwal
Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by lincolnj88: 9:16am On Jan 02, 2014
agbameta:

osun man......do u know d igr of osun state......without asking google
Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:56am On Jan 02, 2014
Mayor_of_Lagos:

I would like to point two things out to you.

1. Traditionally there are three major ethnicities in core North - Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri. Of these three only Fulani and Kanuri are rulers of the cultures up there. Neither one of them have a check and balance structure in their ruling system; they rule autocratically. This is why they perform best in uniform. We are no longer in uniform regime, this is Alagbada regime and it demands for check and balances. Fulani and Kanuri system of rulership is apathetic to democratic process in which a society must be ordered along the tiers of checks and balances. This is why sharing power is a hard thing for them to understand. It is also why they succeed in military but fail in democracy.

Everytime the Northerners introduce democracy in their region the place blow up. In the 60s; 80s and now 2000s. Their Emirs and the people are incapacitated by the rigours of checks and balances.

Therefore Buhari's success as a military man is without question and his weakness in agbada is also acknowledged. He is popular for his signature brand - civic discipline; but if he were to install that in our democracy he will ruin the process of balance that exist between the executive, legislature and judiciary. So how do you get a Buhari or any Northerner for that matter and keep sanity in this system?

2. By creating a synthetic arrangement.
Bruh,pls what's all this rubbish you just wrote to me?
Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by bombay: 11:36am On Jan 02, 2014
Tambu is a corrupt fellow a thief and a bloody gay like his northern brethren.

1 Like

Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by mikolo80: 8:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
WITHOUT BUHARI TO FIGHT CORRUPTION WHATS THE POINT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion On Tambuwal As Apc Presidential Candidate? by onemopol: 8:44pm On Jan 02, 2014
Rhemar: Tambuwal has shown so much leadership prowess wt d way he's been handling affairs in d house so far bt I still feel there better qualified candidates

Speaker of the house in my opinion is just like A-LEVEL SUG president.
Very easy to talk ,probe, object and point fingers .

He has done nothing special that we have not seen before, Ghali umar na aba, and even the "Toronto" Salisu Buhari probably pefromed better.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Are SLAVES And LOVE To Be SLAVES, Why? Just Read This Short Note! / James Foley's Killer Identified As Bristish Rapper Abdel-majed Abdel Bary / Do You Support A Second Tenure For President Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.