Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Teaching Vacancy - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Teaching Vacancy (13219 Views)

Teaching Vacancy With Free Accommodation + Transportation / TEACHING VACANCY / Urgent Teaching Vacancy 4 Abuja Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teaching Vacancy by Ugokings4luv(m): 11:04am On Jan 04, 2014
A
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Advocatesam(f): 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2014
abdulslutsky: oh! Ekiti, i served in that dry state. ikere, home of thugs....hmmm

God Punish you for that statement, branding my home town as home of thugs pass ur mouth. Ikere has d highest number of legal practitioners in west Africa, Ikere is also among the largest producers of Professors. etc
Once again God punish your mouth

1 Like

Re: Teaching Vacancy by MathsDon(m): 12:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
hilaomo: na by force to open school,shey no be your mate dey fire puff puff...if you intend teaching in a worker friendly environment as a MATHEMATICS/PHYSICS TEACHER in a school situated around OKOKOMAIKO IN LAGOS STATE,kindly forward your cv to hillsway123@gmail.com on or before 6th of january.
Hey Hilaomo. Gonna mail you my CV. I can teach Physics and Maths well. Which side of Okoko is the school situated?
Re: Teaching Vacancy by abdulslutsky(m): 2:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
Advocate sam:

God Punish you for that statement, branding my home town as home of thugs pass ur mouth. Ikere has d highest number of legal practitioners in west Africa, Ikere is also among the largest producers of Professors. etc
Once again God punish your mouth
see this "efulefu". A typical ikere man, May God help you and your home town. I never expected any good response other than this. It is atypical of your people to have good man.ners and way of talking. always resorting to insults and abuses when confronted with the truth. Where were you when someone here asked a question relating to the presence of thugs,touts e.t.c in your home town. you sat down, basking in the euphoria of the number of profs and legal practitioners you've produced. Eyin jebi! you better wake up to the realities in ikere township an stop being childish by saying God should punish my mouth. Well, I'll say God should begin to dwell in the hearts of the youths and children in ikere.

cheers

1 Like

Re: Teaching Vacancy by rezzy: 3:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
hilaomo: na by force to open school,shey no be your mate dey fire puff puff...if you intend teaching in a worker friendly environment as a MATHEMATICS/PHYSICS TEACHER in a school situated around OKOKOMAIKO IN LAGOS STATE,kindly forward your cv to hillsway123@gmail.com on or before 6th of january.

Okoko of all place in Lagos? We knw their salary range. Them no dey pay well
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Advocatesam(f): 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
abdulslutsky:
see this "efulefu". A typical ikere man, May God help you and your home town. I never expected any good response other than this. It is atypical of your people to have good man.ners and way of talking. always resorting to insults and abuses when confronted with the truth. Where were you when someone here asked a question relating to the presence of thugs,touts e.t.c in your home town. you sat down, basking in the euphoria of the number of profs and legal practitioners you've produced. Eyin jebi! you better wake up to the realities in ikere township an stop being childish by saying God should punish my mouth. Well, I'll say God should begin to dwell in the hearts of the youths and children in ikere.

cheers
Which town are you from? You worth that insult cos I don't know the yardstick u used before typing that rubbish. Out of both of us, who is more of a thug or not mannered. The thread reads "Vacancy in a private school. "Did anybody asked you to comment about the town. Pls go n learn how to use the social media n what to say in a public forum. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Teaching Vacancy by rezzy: 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
abdulslutsky:

cheers

My friend u no lie oo. Many Ikere people are wicked. They hate other people especially those from non yoruba states. My aunt teaches in Ekiti state government college, ikere near that college. Due to fruatration she took transfer to Ado, and met the worst. The principal and most of the teachers are from Ikere. Now she is trying to work her way to our State.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Xtfield(m): 10:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
Mr Aboki:

Look at you who is pitying someone.. grin

I'm sure you felt self righteous with this rubbish you wrote.

The law was established for a reason. Just because the government steals does not mean you should go and steal.

I also run a business of my own and I am not WICKED enough to take advantage of people. The Laws of the nation has set a minimum wage benchmark for salaries in the country after examining how much a person who works can earn to atleast get by.

You want premium dedication from your employees yet you don't want to pay the price for good service.

I'm sure that school belongs to your relative. Tell em that they are breaking the law and can go to jail for it if somebody tales them up on it. What you and your people in that school are doing is exploitation tantamount to slavery.

The fact that people are applying is not because your offer is good enough, its just because they are desperate.

And the next time you go talking about banks that fire workers en mass, you should go read up on the terms of their employment. Bank jobs are mostly 'contract jobs'. There is a release clause in their contracts that says the banks can fire them at short notice. Technically, they have not committed any offence since outsourcing is not an offence in Nigeria. However, the banks don't pay below minimum wage to their employees. I work a similar type of job so I know this. A bank cannot fire a full staff just like that..

If you feel the need to be educated further on the employment laws of the nation, I could school you and point out several violations in this your job offer.

You are aware that even on this 17'k, they are expected to pay taxes abi. So tell me how much is left to your teachers after tax.

You sir are running a sweat shop in that school. Go sell your sentimental bullshit to someone who does not know the law.

I fired a security company that works for me because they were paying there workers 11 thousand Naira per month.

The next time you point to the Government about their ills, please do well to remember that you are also a big part of the problem in this nation.

Just so you know... 17 thousand per month equals 809 Naira per day. Unskilled labor in Nigeria make more than that, and you and your father will pay graduates that and go to sleep at night peacefully.. angry

You are WICKED!!

First, let me state that I am not in any way connected to this Ikere school. I own a school located in Ekiti. I have 12 workers on my payroll, six of whom are graduates. I have 95 pupils in my school with a total termly income of 1.2million. As the owner of the school, I earn N25k per month as Headmaster of the school. Now, I have over 30 years postgraduate and NYSC teaching experience. I do agree that the N15k I pay my graduates is small but am I supposed to take a bank loan to pay my workers. Remember I still have to buy stationeries, power the school generator for computer classes, pay Government levies and taxes, pay PHCN bills etc. Now tell me if I should close shop and throw these poor teachers into the already overcrowded unemployment market. The point is that it is easy as an employee to criticize employers and label them as wicked. But you get up and set up a business and tell me what you pay. Only then will your contribution here amount to anything. You think Government can arraign anybody for not paying up to the minimum wage? Let them try it and see what the consequence will be. You fired a security company for paying less than the minimum wage. So why didn't your company or bank employ its own security personnel. At least that was the practice when I was growing up. Your bank employs people on contract and send y=them out to meet unreasonable targets which turn them into corporate prostitutes. That is not wicked because its in their terms of employment. What a great way to reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teaching Vacancy by folahann(m): 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
Never knew some Nairalanders know so much abt Ikere-Ekiti.

Those guys at Odo-Oja round about have disfigured the town. That place is the Central on the town. That doesn't diminish the number of prominent people that grew up there.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by MrAboki: 1:36am On Jan 05, 2014
Xtfield:

First, let me state that I am not in any way connected to this Ikere school. I own a school located in Ekiti. I have 12 workers on my payroll, six of whom are graduates. I have 95 pupils in my school with a total termly income of 1.2million. As the owner of the school, I earn N25k per month as Headmaster of the school. Now, I have over 30 years postgraduate and NYSC teaching experience. I do agree that the N15k I pay my graduates is small but am I supposed to take a bank loan to pay my workers. Remember I still have to buy stationeries, power the school generator for computer classes, pay Government levies and taxes, pay PHCN bills etc. Now tell me if I should close shop and throw these poor teachers into the already overcrowded unemployment market. The point is that it is easy as an employee to criticize employers and label them as wicked. But you get up and set up a business and tell me what you pay. Only then will your contribution here amount to anything. You think Government can arraign anybody for not paying up to the minimum wage? Let them try it and see what the consequence will be. You fired a security company for paying less than the minimum wage. So why didn't your company or bank employ its own security personnel. At least that was the practice when I was growing up. Your bank employs people on contract and send y=them out to meet unreasonable targets which turn them into corporate prostitutes. That is not wicked because its in their terms of employment. What a great way to reason.

Boo Hoo

15 thousand naira a month to Graduate teachers.. grin

What is their pay after taxes?! Or let me guess, your teachers don't pay taxes.. grin

I also own a business.. Even the boy who works for me as a domestic help earns 20'k a month.. I pay my Security company 95 Thousand a month for 3 guards.. So they have more than enough to meet the National Minimum wage requirement for their employees.

If you are a learner in business, then close up shop. If you cant afford to meet the minimum wage requirements of the country based on the fees you charge your clients, then you increase it.

Even from a Human Resource perspective, paying your employees peanuts does not motivate them to give you their best.

Banks use outsourcing as a means of mitigating themselves from certain commitments to the employees. Its not an offence. Infact, it is the new trend. Not just banks but Oil Companies and Telecoms companies all do it. I work as a contract staff on a yearly renewable basis with a release clause attached that says I can be released from the contract with 3 months advanced pay. Its a good deal and I get more than 15,000 Naira a month plus Leave allowance (100% f my salary) and 13th month pay (100% of my pay). Every job has its demands. Because the target is high means absolutely nothing here. The problem I have with your business is not their workload but the miserly pay you give your workers.. Skilled/Qualified workers at that.

And no I don't work for a bank either... I am an Engineer.

The point is that you have violated the Laws of the federal republic of Nigeria and you are taking advantage of the poor employment situation in the country to exploit the desperation of the unemployed.

I have 3 people who work for me and the least makes 20 Thousand a month and that's my domestic help who isn't full-time either.

Go and review your business and think about the welfare of your workers Sir. No matter how you try to sugar coat this or make it look, it still does not make what you are doing any less of a crime or any more justifiable.

At 15 thousand Naira a month, divided by 31 days in a month, your Graduate teachers are living on 483 Naira per day.. How much do they feed with, how much do they pay their rent with, how much do they pay their bills with, Transportation and logistics.. And whats their savings..

And 15 Thousand is inclusive of Tax..

Please have a conscience.. Increase your tuition fees if you must, but your Graduate workers deserve a Graduates pay.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teaching Vacancy by hanbaliola(m): 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2014
Mr 17k even if the cost of house per annum is 5k and food is #5 per plate don't tell wat we no already dis kind of post are only meant 4 ur area in Ekiti and there alone not on a web.
By the way were you paid for d advert or wat,
wat a rubish , 17 k my foot
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Xtfield(m): 8:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
Mr Aboki:

Boo Hoo

What is their pay after taxes?! Or let me guess, your teachers don't pay taxes.. grin

I also own a business.. Even the boy who works for me as a domestic help earns 20'k a month.. I pay my Security company 95 Thousand a month for 3 guards.. So they have more than enough to meet the National Minimum wage requirement for their employees.

If you are a learner in business, then close up shop. If you cant afford to meet the minimum wage requirements of the country based on the fees you charge your clients, then you increase it.

Even from a Human Resource perspective, paying your employees peanuts does not motivate them to give you their best.

Banks use outsourcing as a means of mitigating themselves from certain commitments to the employees. Its not an offence. Infact, it is the new trend. Not just banks but Oil Companies and Telecoms companies all do it. I work as a contract staff on a yearly renewable basis with a release clause attached that says I can be released from the contract with 3 months advanced pay. Its a good deal and I get more than 15,000 Naira a month plus Leave allowance (100% f my salary) and 13th month pay (100% of my pay). Every job has its demands. Because the target is high means absolutely nothing here. The problem I have with your business is not their workload but the miserly pay you give your workers.. Skilled/Qualified workers at that.

The point is that you have violated the Laws of the federal republic of Nigeria and you are taking advantage of the poor employment situation in the country to exploit the desperation of the unemployed.

I have 3 people who work for me and the least makes 20 Thousand a month and that's my domestic help who isn't full-time either.

Go and review your business and think about the welfare of your workers Sir. No matter how you try to sugar coat this or make it look, it still does not make what you are doing any less of a crime or any more justifiable.

At 15 thousand Naira a month, divided by 31 days in a month, your Graduate teachers are living on 483 Naira per day.. How much do they feed with, how much do they pay their rent with, how much do they pay their bills with, Transportation and logistics.. And whats their savings..

Please have a conscience.. Increase your tuition fees if you must, but your Graduate workers deserve a Graduates pay.

Thank you. I will close shop, but not by your advise. I'll hold a meeting with my staff and let them decide. Maybe you can drop your e-mail address so they can contact you for better monthly settlement pending their getting a new job.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Xtfield(m): 8:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
Mr Aboki:

Boo Hoo

Increase my tuition fees? When the parents are complaining about the N14500 I currently charge? So that I will lose my pupils to schools that charge N3000 - N6000? No way. I never force any graduate to work for me and I always tell anyone ahead of time what I can pay! You seem to forget that the environment a business is located determines how much is paid. This issue of national minimum wage cannot work. Maybe with government work o, but with private companies, its just a law on paper. You hear I am paying N15k and you are fuming. What will you do if you hear of graduates who earn N6k or N8K. You will burst?

1 Like

Re: Teaching Vacancy by faceit: 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
Mr Aboki:

The law was established for a reason. Just because the government steals does not mean you should go and steal.

I also run a business of my own and I am not WICKED enough to take advantage of people. The Laws of the nation has set a minimum wage benchmark for salaries in the country after examining how much a person who works can earn to atleast get by.

You want premium dedication from your employees yet you don't want to pay the price for good service.

I'm sure that school belongs to your relative. Tell em that they are breaking the law and can go to jail for it if somebody tales them up on it. What you and your people in that school are doing is exploitation tantamount to slavery.

The fact that people are applying is not because your offer is good enough, its just because they are desperate.

And the next time you go talking about banks that fire workers en mass, you should go read up on the terms of their employment. Bank jobs are mostly 'contract jobs'. There is a release clause in their contracts that says the banks can fire them at short notice. Technically, they have not committed any offence since outsourcing is not an offence in Nigeria. However, the banks don't pay below minimum wage to their employees. I work a similar type of job so I know this. A bank cannot fire a full staff just like that..

If you feel the need to be educated further on the employment laws of the nation, I could school you and point out several violations in this your job offer.

You are aware that even on this 17'k, they are expected to pay taxes abi. So tell me how much is left to your teachers after tax.

You sir are running a sweat shop in that school. Go sell your sentimental bullshit to someone who does not know the law.

I fired a security company that works for me because they were paying there workers 11 thousand Naira per month.

The next time you point to the Government about their ills, please do well to remember that you are also a big part of the problem in this nation.

Just so you know... 17 thousand per month equals 809 Naira per day. Unskilled labor in Nigeria make more than that, and you and your father will pay graduates that and go to sleep at night peacefully.. angry

You are WICKED!!
this is so true. most graduates cos they believe half bread is better than non
funniest is you v to get to the school by 7:45 and leave by 4 pm. if you come late, it is deducted from the salary plus tax. so at d end of the month, u wil realised you are been paid 500 plus/per day for almost 10 hours. its so dishearthing. its time graduates start learning to work for themselves instead of working where peanuts are paid.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by faceit: 9:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
Mr Aboki:

You are WICKED!!
this is so true. most graduates cos they believe half bread is better than non
funniest is you v to get to the school by 7:45 and leave by 4 pm. if you come late, it is deducted from the salary plus tax. so at d end of the month, u wil realised you are been paid 500 plus/per day for almost 10 hours. its so dishearthing. its time graduates start learning to work for themselves instead of working where peanuts are paid.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by faceit: 9:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
Xtfield:

Increase my tuition fees? When the parents are complaining about the N14500 I currently charge? So that I will lose my pupils to schools that charge N3000 - N6000? No way. I never force any graduate to work for me and I always tell anyone ahead of time what I can pay! You seem to forget that the environment a business is located determines how much is paid. This issue of national minimum wage cannot work. Maybe with government work o, but with private companies, its just a law on paper. You hear I am paying N15k and you are fuming. What will you do if you hear of graduates who earn N6k or N8K. You will burst?
privates schools are places were graduates should nt even think of working but i know that the table will soon turn to favour unemployed graduates. its actually not your fault but the fault of our society at large if not you wouldnt b offering graduates peanuts and tink in your heart that you are doing them a big favor.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by ojoko1(m): 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
Some of you calling Ekiti a dry place. Siddon there. By the time I finish building my 3rd house, u will still be thinking of how to get ur first car. Open ur eyes people and discover that no land is dry. U explore. I work here and im proud of this state. Lagos would not have been kthat populated if likes of u can spread ur tentacles and look beyond the ordinary.

4 Likes

Re: Teaching Vacancy by shakol91(m): 11:50am On Jan 07, 2014
hanbaliola: Mr 17k even if the cost of house per annum is 5k and food is #5 per plate don't tell wat we no already dis kind of post are only meant 4 ur area in Ekiti and there alone not on a web.
By the way were you paid for d advert or wat,
wat a rubish , 17 k my foot
I don't think u're familiar with tourist attraction in Nigeria,u can google "ikogosi warm spring" that will answer the trash below ur post
ojoko1: Some of you calling Ekiti a dry place. Siddon there. By the time I finish building my 3rd house, u will still be thinking of how to get ur first car. Open ur eyes people and discover that no land is dry. U explore. I work here and im proud of this state. Lagos would not have been kthat populated if likes of u can spread ur tentacles and look beyond the ordinary.
don't mind those pple dat called Ekiti dry land,u said Ekiti is dry wen it has one of d best private university in Nigeria,3 working dam,good road network,etc
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Sunnypar(m): 6:24am On Feb 08, 2016
busuyem:
All the applications sent have been noted and you will be contacted soon. Pls, note that anyyone considered for the job must be ready to live inside Ikere town in Ekiti state because the school is a growing secondary school that needs commited staff.
Thanks.

Salary: 17k
shocked
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Sunnypar(m): 8:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
Educational Consultancy & Services Limited - A reputable overseas education agency that hosts the in-country offices of some UK, USA, Canada, Cyprus, Germany, Australia and other European institutions in their Nigerian offices in Lagos and Port-Harcourt is providing free admission counselling and processing to all prospective students intending to study in the UK, USA and Canada. They are also providing free visa guidance, counselling and documentation for their students.

We are recruiting to fill the position of:

Job Title: Student Recruitment Coordinator

Job Qualifications
A good OND, HND or Bachelor's Degree.
Skills:
Vibrant marketing skills
Good computer literacy
Outstanding people skills
Excellent command of English Language
Ability to manage student recruitment drive
Application Closing Date
12th February, 2016.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes and applications to: careers@edubureau.com indicating your name and location as the subject of mail. e.g (Tosin Lawal_Warri).

1 Like

Re: Teaching Vacancy by Sunnypar(m): 8:32pm On Feb 08, 2016
Xtfield:

My gosh..
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Sunnypar(m): 8:50am On Feb 09, 2016
cooldave234:
I laugh, 17k is far lower than my skool fees back in the university, why shuld I spend 4yrs in the university go thru NYSC to end up earning 17k,??. Its below d minimum wage. I rather open a barbing saloon than take up such a job..... Pathetic.
Hmmm.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fastest Ways To Identify Fake (scam) Jobs In Nigeria / As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? / Dangote Group Fresh Job Recruitment (6 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.