Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Abia Needs An Airport To Boost Economy” – Emezue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Needs An Airport To Boost Economy” – Emezue (568 Views)

Crowd At Port-harcourt Airport To Welcome Dakuku Peterside.pics / Crowd At Port-Harcourt Airport To Welcome Wike From Abuja (Photos) / Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Needs An Airport To Boost Economy” – Emezue by patrikobi: 12:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
“Abia needs an airport to boost economy” – Emezue

Former Chief Press Secretary to Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State, Mr. Ugochukwu Emezue, has commended the state government’s decision to build an airport in the state.

He said the proposed airport would boost investment and provide job for the people of the state.

According to Emezue, those criticising the decision to build an airport were ignorant of the immense economic benefits attached to an airport and the owners.

Already, a site has been located in communities in Umuahia South and Ikwuano Local Government councils for the proposed airport.

Emezue also lauded Governor Theodore Orji for the political will to relocate Umuahia Main Market, which hitherto was located at the heart of the capital city, thereby defacing the beauty of the city.

Now relocated to Ubani, the idea to remove the market from the city centre, according to him, had been mooted since 1935 during the colonial regime.

He noted that till Orji’s administration, none of the past governments had been able to muster the political will to relocate it.

He hoped that the new project, being planned for the old site of the market, would add to both economic and aesthetic values of the city and the state in general.

He said: “It was a very good decision to build an airport in the state; there is nothing wrong in planning to build an airport for the state. It is a project that will bring more investments and more jobs for the people”.

He added that the administration of Chief Orji had done very well in virtually all sectors, including security, infrastructure and health, and called on Abians to continue to support him and convince him to go to the Senate in 2015.
Send your press release/articles to: newsdesk@dailypost.com.ng

Re: Abia Needs An Airport To Boost Economy” – Emezue by Afam4eva(m): 1:42pm On Jan 02, 2014
How can a proposed airport be planned for Umuahia as opposed to Aba. This daft government should do quick and leave, so that a more competent and credible government can handle and airport for Abia.

1 Like

Re: Abia Needs An Airport To Boost Economy” – Emezue by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
Afam4eva: How can a proposed airport be planned for Umuahia as opposed to Aba. This daft government should do quick and leave, so that a more competent and credible government can handle and airport for Abia.

I sincerely don't understand the case for an Abia airport at this time, when Aba its commercial capital is less than an hour's drive from THREE airports at Owerri, Uyo and Port Harcourt.

Abia State is a sorry case.

1 Like

Re: Abia Needs An Airport To Boost Economy” – Emezue by Afam4eva(m): 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
HNosegbe:

I sincerely don't understand the case for an Abia airport at this time, when Aba its commercial capital is less than an hour's drive from THREE airports at Owerri, Uyo and Port Harcourt.

Abia State is a sorry case.
I also don't support an airport in Abia state at this point but i know if the state government wants it then they'll have it just like Akwa Ibom and Delta state. So, i'm saying if there must be an airport in Abia then it must be in Aba.
Re: Abia Needs An Airport To Boost Economy” – Emezue by IGBOSON1: 3:18pm On Jan 02, 2014
Afam4eva:
I also don't support an airport in Abia state at this point but i know if the state government wants it then they'll have it just like Akwa Ibom and Delta state. So, i'm saying if there must be an airport in Abia then it must be in Aba.

^^^If they must build one, then it should be midway between Aba and Umiahia! If it's located in Aba it would be in competition with Port Harcourt Int'l, and if it's located in Umuahia then Aba travellers may choose to use the one at Port Harcourt and hence it wouldn't be as viable as expected since most of its users would likely come from Aba!

But where would the money come from to build one? Anything worth doing is worth doing well, so they had better build a 21st century compliant airport......with room for expansion!

(1) (Reply)

Gudluck Jonathan Posters Found Everywhere In South East. / NEW: St Paul's College Confirms Stella Oduah Earned Bachelors Degree,But Not MBA / Executive Lawlessness Of A Failed Local Government Charman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.