Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Was It GREED Or KINDNESS? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was It GREED Or KINDNESS? (1177 Views)

Show A Little Kindness To Someone Today! / The Nice Gene- Is There A Genetic Component To Kindness? / Wombs For Rent In Nigeria - Is This Greed Or Madness? (2) (3) (4)

Was It GREED Or KINDNESS? by nurey(m): 7:42pm On Jan 02, 2014
Hi everyone, and on the 2nd of January 2014 I decided to chat with my friend and this was the story he told me

I had been duped of 2.3million naira (yes my jaw dropped) what happened, how did it happen those were questions I bombarded him with all he told me was that a certain girl said she was an orphan in a refugee camp, and needed money to come to him in Nigeria because she was suffering.

Then he told me that when he went to check the money it had been withdrawn with atm from the account. Which country or how he sent it in don't know because I didn't ask him.

Note: we are very close and I know the story is true also he didn't tell me that story in order for me to refund his money or give him money because he knows night am still Omo mummy. now let me tell you my experience with this so called orphaned refugee
Re: Was It GREED Or KINDNESS? by nurey(m): 7:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
MY EXPERIENCE

Two years ago or so, I received a spam message about a girl she said she liked to be my friend gave her full name and sent one picture. So as a young bobo I sent her a message and again two days later she replied that she was grateful for the message she liked me blah blah blah.

The third message she sent me two full pictures of her self and told me to do the same. Guy i was looking at beauty not reasoning what it could be. Also she left a foreign number of a church says big could call the pastor to confirm her.

After two weeks, she told me a story of herself that "my father, mother and my siblings were killed in a war and that she has 10million dollars belonging to her dad she wishes to share with me, she also begged me not to tell the pastor or her life could be in danger if he knew.
Re: Was It GREED Or KINDNESS? by nurey(m): 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2014
MAGA WISED UP

After hearing the story is felt compasion for this angel and I wanted to help her in anyway I can so I sent her a message and told her that I would do anything within my power to help her get away from her situation.

Her next message read pls I would need passport and co also when she comes to Nigeria we would get married and also share her father's wealth which would also be mine when we get married (I have really fallen in love)

THE INTERVENTION
I don't know what happened in just decided to Google the name, and behold SCAM ALERT. The name was Anita something and thousands of people had been defrauded by this refugee orphan thing.

The next step was to send an email with abuse swear etc and I warned the person not to try such thing with me.

Now the dilemma is my friend staked all he had (2. 3m) now he is not only struggling but he is begging to even eat. He has a wife and a new born baby. No family to run to his wife knows all she said to me was thank God he didn't lose his life. Please what advice can be given to such a person. Who doesn't think b4 he acts
Re: Was It GREED Or KINDNESS? by glimpse(f): 8:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
tongue Tell him to enjoy the consequence... The effects of GREED.
Re: Was It GREED Or KINDNESS? by Smeeky(m): 9:09pm On Jan 02, 2014
Advice?he doesn't deserve one,all he needs are slaps on both cheek...how foolish he is to be called a nigerian!! I had similar case some months ago,just like u described urs,so was mine...the different was that I knew from the on set that it was a scam..I just had to follow up,she sent me pretty pics of herself and gave me a number to call...to the extent that standard chartered bank mailed me in regards to her father's wealth..demanding death cert,affidavit,and the rest...to the extend of a lawyer sending me mail and sent his passport to prove he is genuie..all I did was play along,not until d lawyer demanded for $1500 to provide all documents so as to claim d million dollars..there I was in my utility peak of hearing the rubbish,I just gently sent the girl a mail,telling her she missed road as to come dupe a naija boy like me..she no reply again till today.

Yahoo boiz and format sha...
Re: Was It GREED Or KINDNESS? by Alexk2(m): 2:17pm On Jan 03, 2014
pure greed. i can count abt 10 such messages in my mail and dat particular one was sent twice in 4yrs.
i just hope ur frnd don learn frm dis sha.
Re: Was It GREED Or KINDNESS? by mgbeketoto: 4:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
Then he told me that when he went to check the money it had been withdrawn with atm from the account. Which country or how he sent it in don't know because I didn't ask him.

So, how was he duped IF HE SENT THE MONEY HIMSELF to a poohsie he dreamed to phock? undecided
Re: Was It GREED Or KINDNESS? by RedReact: 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Dîd you ask your friend if the girl sent her pissure? I know say d pissure go feature Man-U well or probably tilt d body come feature 'hilltop' mansion grin grin
Na greed and lust combined together
Re: Was It GREED Or KINDNESS? by Woged2005(f): 7:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
The good news is that all those 'beneficiaries' could actually be ur next door neighbor or ur village boy currently building that mansion, and killed some cows for friends last xmas & new year and got blessings from chiefs and elders. So the money is still in Nigeria. Don't cry! How do u think boys become 'loaded' [/i]to buy those [i]'End of discussion' to 'meet up' and become 'big boys' they we all hail and worship in Nigeria? Those naija girls don't carry those big phones for nothing o!- most are syndicates and informants for their 'loaded' boyfriends and get some shares. Just watch ur back bro! They are here on NL too...there's no small boy or small girl in naija!

Sorry!!

He Had To Hand His Son Over / Your Mother-in-law Did This To Your Son. What Will You Do? / Should I Open A Joint Account?