Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,928 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

On The Run From Their Own Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On The Run From Their Own Land (1927 Views)

Lagos Politician, Alleged Ritual Killer On The Run (photo) / N50M Fraud: RMD Reportedly On The Run / Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Run From Their Own Land by MayorofLagos(m): 11:56pm On Jan 02, 2014
An internally displaced person (IDP) is someone who is forced to flee his or her home but who remains within his or her country's borders. They are often referred to as refugees, although they do not fall within the current legal definition of a refugee. At the end of 2006 it was estimated there were 24.5 million IDPs in some 52 countries. The region with the largest IDP population is Africa with some 11.8 million in 21 countries.

Internally displaced persons, or IDPs, are among the world’s most vulnerable people.

Unlike refugees, IDPs have not crossed an international border to find sanctuary but have remained inside their home countries. Even if they have fled for similar reasons as refugees (armed conflict, generalized violence, human rights violations), IDPs legally remain under the protection of their own government – even though that government might be the cause of their flight.

As citizens, they retain all of their rights and protection under both human rights and international humanitarian law.UNHCR´s original mandate does not specifically cover IDPs, but because of the agency´s expertise on displacement, it has for many years been protecting and assisting millions of them, more recently through the "cluster approach." Under this, UNHCR has the lead role in overseeing the protection and shelter needs of IDPs as well as coordination and management of camps.At the end of 2011, there were an estimated 26.4 million internally displaced people around the world, down slightly on the year before. UNHCR was helping about 15.5 million of the IDPs in 26 countries. These included the three countries with the largest IDP populations – Colombia, Iraq and South Sudan.

3 Likes

Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by BishopJuice: 11:57pm On Jan 02, 2014
You just had to make this thread
Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by MayorofLagos(m): 11:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
Going by this definition, there is no doubt that Ibos are IDPs in Nigeria.

What do you think?

6 Likes

Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by MayorofLagos(m): 11:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
Bishop Juice: You just had to make this thread

Political discussion. Please contribute positively.
Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
Bishop Juice: You just had to make this thread

Prvt Part, Magis Bishop, Bishop Magic, Bishop Juice, why did you go around a ban?
Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by BishopJuice: 11:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
Mayor_of_Lagos: Going by this definition, there is no doubt that Ibos are IDPs in Nigeria.

What do you think?

Going by your follow up post , I think you are jobless

11 Likes

Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by BishopJuice: 11:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
payless:

Prvt Part, Magis Bishop, Bishop Magic, Bishop Juice, why did you go around a ban?

phuck off
Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
Mayor_of_Lagos: Going by this definition, there is no doubt that Ibos are IDPs in Nigeria.

What do you think?
i thinketh thesameth undecided
Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 03, 2014
Bishop Juice:

phuck off

I don't blame you. It is the way you react to your parents at home when they ask you questions

1 Like

Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by Italiano1: 12:05am On Jan 03, 2014
payless:

I don't blame you. It is the way you react to your parents at home when they ask you questions

Pukkah, I beg you to ignore that poster. He is not on your level in every ramifacation

1 Like

Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by Kponkwem(m): 12:06am On Jan 03, 2014
This nonsense thread should be closed immediately. Asap.

6 Likes

Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by T9ksy(m): 1:50am On Jan 03, 2014
Op, i must say you do have a point.
Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by MayorofLagos(m): 1:55am On Jan 03, 2014
Kponkwem: This nonsense thread should be closed immediately. Asap.

Im a Nigerian, you will be denying my rights to discuss practical social issues that affect my countrymen when you take such action prescribed by you.
Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by MayorofLagos(m): 1:59am On Jan 03, 2014
I truly believe the government of Lagos State need to study this issue of IDPs and formulate a policy to properly address it within its own administration, and of course in partnership with Federal Govt and UNCHR. The issue is at an enormous and endemic stage and solutions are needed to correct it.
Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by PapaBrowne(m): 2:01am On Jan 03, 2014

What do you think?

And by your estimation, the Yoruba tailor who makes my clothes somewhere in the Niger Delta is internally displaced. Same as the Shell worker from Osun state and those guys from Ijebu Ode who sell some roots in bottles. All of them IDPs.

Infact even Aregbeshola was an IDP when he fled Osun State to go to Lagos and work as commissioner.
Adenuga from Ogun state living in Banana Island is also a IDP.

All these kind of childish folks promoting hatred are doing themselves and their future generations no good. Pretty unintelligent fellow.

12 Likes

Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by MayorofLagos(m): 2:02am On Jan 03, 2014
TribalEAST: i thinketh thesameth undecided

grin grin okay Shakespeare. cheesy
Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by MayorofLagos(m): 2:06am On Jan 03, 2014
PapaBrowne:

And by your estimation, the Yoruba tailor who makes my clothes somewhere in the Niger Delta is internally displaced. Same as the Shell worker from Osun state and those guys from Ijebu Ode who sell some roots in bottles. All of them IDPs.

Infact even Aregbeshola was an IDP when he fled Osun State to go to Lagos and work as commissioner.

All these kind of childish folks promoting hatred are doing themselves and their future generations no good. Pretty unintelligent fellow.

Please give us your thoughts on these Yorubas. Share more on their situation.
Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by yarodin: 2:12am On Jan 03, 2014
LOL, how can Igbos be IDPs when they own the lands and properties?

7 Likes

Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by agbameta: 2:13am On Jan 03, 2014
PapaBrowne:

Ain't no Yoruba folks making your damn village rapa and red cap jare...

1 Like

Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by agbameta: 2:16am On Jan 03, 2014
yarodin: LOL, how can Igbos be IDPs when they own the lands and properties?

The usual midless talk and village delusions...the only land you own is your erosion ravage village.

2 Likes

Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by nduchucks: 2:21am On Jan 03, 2014
The OP's definition of internally displaced persons (IDP) is fraudulent and smacks of hateful racism. The correct definition is "Persons who have fled their homes and villages because of persecution, civil strife, food insecurity or other emergency but remain within their country of origin". The keyword here is emergency! The Igbo people who live outside of the SE like their Yoruba counterparts who do not live in the SW, did not move due to any emergency as a matter of course.

The OP reminds me of some people from Osun or Oyo state who claim to be Lagosians and cannot accept the fact that most of Lagos is probably owned by non Lagosians and by primarily Igbos. Lets face facts here.

8 Likes

Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by yarodin: 2:21am On Jan 03, 2014
agbameta:
The usual midless talk and village delusions...the only land you own is your erosion ravage village.

LOL, looks like you and your fellow beggars have now turned into IDPs in your own land. Whether una like am or not, call it what ever you want, Igbos are coming per the "one nejiria" your useless father fought for. LOOOOOOOOOOOOL IDP co, IMF ni.

5 Likes

Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:24am On Jan 03, 2014
You have to really be very lazy and useless if refugees are buying up your land.

6 Likes

Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by MayorofLagos(m): 3:25am On Jan 03, 2014
ndu_chucks: The OP's definition of internally displaced persons (IDP) is fraudulent and smacks of hateful racism. The correct definition is "Persons who have fled their homes and villages because of persecution, civil strife, food insecurity or other emergency but remain within their country of origin". The keyword here is emergency! The Igbo people who live outside of the SE like their Yoruba counterparts who do not live in the SW, did not move due to any emergency as a matter of course.

The OP reminds me of some people from Osun or Oyo state who claim to be Lagosians and cannot accept the fact that most of Lagos is probably owned by non Lagosians and by primarily Igbos. Lets face facts here.

Definitions:

http://www.unhcr.org/pages/49c3646c146.html

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internally_displaced_person
Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by MayorofLagos(m): 3:40am On Jan 03, 2014
Alfa Seltzer: You have to really be very lazy and useless if refugees are buying up your land.

There was a pastor arrested the other day with his six kids and a couple of accomplices, all Ibos. The pastor have a big compound and mansion in Ikorodu. He was arrested for printing fake currencies in millions. This is Federal Crime. In case you dont know, people that print fake currency are technically laundering money and in essence destroying the mainstream economy.

His Yoruba neighbors may not have as big a compound or mansion as this pastor but it creates a social and cultural issue locally. At the root of that is equal opportunity. When the playing field is imabalanced so that criminals are living successfully while honest income earners are struggling, then the cultural values and ethos of the society is constantly tested and strained. It then becomes undesirable and security risk to have criminals outnumber honest and civic minded citizens.

This is partly why I created this thread to have a discussion particularly for my Yoruba brothers but it seems they are unwilling to come forward and share thoughts. An Internally Displaced Person, a criminally minded one at that, should not have the mouth to call civic and responsible people lazy. If he was such a hardworker why would a pastor and six children be running crime? Who is lazy, the pastor and his household who built mansion out of crime or the hardworking neighbour in a modest and content home?

5 Likes

Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by agbameta: 3:41am On Jan 03, 2014
Alfa Seltzer: You have to really be very lazy and useless if refugees are buying up your land.

yarodin:
LOL, looks like you and your fellow beggars have now turned into IDPs in your own land. Whether una like am or not, call it what ever you want, Igbos are coming per the "one nejiria" your useless father fought for. LOOOOOOOOOOOOL IDP co, IMF ni.

Igbos generally feel inferior and inadequate and compensate with false superiority.

Have you ever seen a humble Igbo man who does not present himself as god almighty himself even though he is a starving man? If you listened to these people boast you would think that they are as
powerful as the gods are supposed to be!

http://www.igbofocus.com/html/the_igbo_problem_can_be_fixed.html
Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by MayorofLagos(m): 3:52am On Jan 03, 2014
yarodin:

If you go and stand at Sagamu and take toll, between now and end of this month you will count millions of Ibos arriving from East. Going in the other direction you will be lucky to get 5000 Yorubas heading to Iboland.

You go stand in Gboko and count traffic going to Abuja and beyond, you will count millions of Ibos heading into hostile zones and religious hotbeds. If you are not running away from your homeland what is there in hostile territories that is so appealing that you have to find settlement in it?

By international definitions and yardstick you qualify as IDPs.

1 Like

Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by yarodin: 5:37am On Jan 03, 2014
Mayor_of_Lagos:

If you go and stand at Sagamu and take toll, between now and end of this month you will count millions of Ibos arriving from East. Going in the other direction you will be lucky to get 5000 Yorubas heading to Iboland.

You go stand in Gboko and count traffic going to Abuja and beyond, you will count millions of Ibos heading into hostile zones and religious hotbeds. If you are not running away from your homeland what is there in hostile territories that is so appealing that you have to find settlement in it?

By international definitions and yardstick you qualify as IDPs.

LOL, just as I can call you Yoruba manu, you can call me okoro, kobo kobo, IDPs, it does not change the fact that Igbos are buying up Lagos and other juicy areas. Our next target is Eko Atlantic City, we go crowd that place like say na Orile and Satellite Town.

2 Likes

Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by OneNaira6: 5:53am On Jan 03, 2014
Mayor_of_Lagos:

There was a pastor arrested the other day with his six kids and a couple of accomplices, all Ibos. The pastor have a big compound and mansion in Ikorodu. He was arrested for printing fake currencies in millions. This is Federal Crime. In case you dont know, people that print fake currency are technically laundering money and in essence destroying the mainstream economy.

His Yoruba neighbors may not have as big a compound or mansion as this pastor but it creates a social and cultural issue locally. At the root of that is equal opportunity. When the playing field is imabalanced so that criminals are living successfully while honest income earners are struggling, then the cultural values and ethos of the society is constantly tested and strained. It then becomes undesirable and security risk to have criminals outnumber honest and civic minded citizens.

This is partly why I created this thread to have a discussion particularly for my Yoruba brothers but it seems they are unwilling to come forward and share thoughts. An Internally Displaced Person, a criminally minded one at that, should not have the mouth to call civic and responsible people lazy. If he was such a hardworker why would a pastor and six children be running crime? Who is lazy, the pastor and his household who built mansion out of crime or the hardworking neighbour in a modest and content home?

Okay that is it. The fact the rest of the Igbo on here are allowing the Yoruba to run their criminal infested region mouth and branding Igbo and any part of Igboland criminal is getting irritated so I'm here to set shit straight.

South West is the highest crime infested region in the entire Nigerian state and most specifically Southern Nigerians and this has been proven by The cleen organization, A non-Nigerian, non-biased, group. I'll use SE to represent the entire Igbo community since there is more Igbo in SE than any part of Nigeria.

In regards to r@pe and attempted r@pe in Nigeria. SW, the area inhabited by Yoruba compare to SE, the area inhabited by Igbo. SW recorded 4% while SE recorded 1% which ironically is the lowest. The area in the SW, where most non-indigenous including Igbo, migrate to aka lagos still ranked lower than the entire SW region (without lagos). I'm not done boy. Next one
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1372954_Screenshot_2013-10-22-16-44-3701_pnge08d7287b7b6e3c88224bdd7b8e36f6d[/img]

In terms of attempted murder when we once again compare SW to SE. SW recorded 6% while SE recorded 2% which again is among the lowest.
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1372955_Screenshot_2013-10-22-16-48-350101_pnga784cdf37e41d1f34c0a2b664b006854[/img]

In terms of Kidnapping when we once again compare SW to SE. The SW had the highest ranking which is 5% while SE ranked only 4%. Ironically enough, SS equally ranked lower (4%) than SW yet these are the two regions that SW run their f2king mouth and try to brand the kidnapping regions of Nigeria. While we at it, let's remove SE and SS out of the equation and try to compare the rest of SW with the area in SW where the people of the SE and SS region migrate to the most (aka Lagos) why don't we? When we do this comparison SW still outrank Lagos by 5%-4%
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1374059_IMG_20131023_084803_JPGb362273a7d719e230564def168f1d391

In terms of Armed violence when we compare SW to SE. Though both ranked about the same (1%), SW was still slightly above SE, though a very very small margin, as shown by the graph

In terms of car theft when we compare SW to SE; SW still outranked SE

SW is the highest crime infested region of the entire southern population. The only reason SS outranked SW in some categories was because Lagos was deliberately removed from SW to save una face BTW: what I meant by that: among the investors, one Nigerian, ironically a Yoruba, was involved. Before you open your mouth and start your people usual denying and blaming others for your crimes by claiming it is the "igbos" that are making your region a crime paradise, you should remember there are more Igbo in SE than the Igbos in SW so going by that logic, SE should outrank you people in all crimes yet ironically it is the opposite. There are more Igbos in Lagos than there are in the rest of the SW so going by that logic Lagos should equally outrank SW in all categories, ironically enough it is the opposite (except on one occasion) so you can shove that denial bullsh1t up your @ss.

While we are at it, the most notorious armed robbers in your region were Yorubas.
From Shina Rambo aka Mathew Oluwanifemi
http://gistmonger.com/90s-armed-robber-shina-rambo-i-beheaded-100-men-pounded-27-babies-slept-with-my-motherpic/
To Czar aka Abiodun Ogunjobi
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/godogodo-bigger-than-shina-rambo-police/
To Alhaja Faith Balogun (though an Edo state indigenous but she is married to a yoruba and her husband shared the wealth of her crimes and not once did he ever reported her so I'll include her)
http://www.dailyindependentnig.com/2013/03/end-of-the-road-for-alhaja-faith-lagos-robbery-queen/

These three are the main armed robbers that your own state police officer described as the "most wanted"

BTW guess the people who are predominately in the list of "History of Armed robbers, Company liquidators, Rapists and Notorious official criminals in Nigeria"
http://thenigeriangazette.com/history-of-armed-robbers-company-liquidators-rapists-and-notoriours-official-criminals-in-nigeria-by-shama-maliga/

Just because your media try their darnest to hide how crime infested your region is, does not mean there aren't those out there keeping tracks. Next time I hear a yoruba run his f2king mouth on crime and how crime infested Igbos are, I'll make sure to bring this post again and again and again.
BTW: Oma47 and all this tribalistic Yoruba mod, if una hide my post and ban me eeh, may thunder fire una @ss

9 Likes

Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by achi4u(m): 6:00am On Jan 03, 2014
@Op what are the head and the tail of this ur wonderful post?
Only gods knows what you have in mind grin
Re: On The Run From Their Own Land by phase1: 6:16am On Jan 03, 2014
One_Naira:

Okay that is it. The fact the rest of the Igbo on here are allowing the Yoruba to run their criminal infested region mouth and branding Igbo and any part of Igboland criminal is getting irritated so I'm here to set shit straight.

South West is the highest crime infested region in the entire Nigerian state and most specifically Southern Nigerians and this has been proven by The cleen organization, A non-Nigerian, non-biased, group. I'll use SE to represent the entire Igbo community since there is more Igbo in SE than any part of Nigeria.

In regards to r@pe and attempted r@pe in Nigeria. SW, the area inhabited by Yoruba compare to SE, the area inhabited by Igbo. SW recorded 4% while SE recorded 1% which ironically is the lowest. The area in the SW, where most non-indigenous including Igbo, migrate to aka lagos still ranked lower than the entire SW region (without lagos). I'm not done boy. Next one
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1372954_Screenshot_2013-10-22-16-44-3701_pnge08d7287b7b6e3c88224bdd7b8e36f6d[/img]

In terms of attempted murder when we once again compare SW to SE. SW recorded 6% while SE recorded 2% which again is among the lowest.
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1372955_Screenshot_2013-10-22-16-48-350101_pnga784cdf37e41d1f34c0a2b664b006854[/img]

In terms of Kidnapping when we once again compare SW to SE. The SW had the highest ranking which is 5% while SE ranked only 4%. Ironically enough, SS equally ranked lower (4%) than SW yet these are the two regions that SW run their f2king mouth and try to brand the kidnapping regions of Nigeria. While we at it, let's remove SE and SS out of the equation and try to compare the rest of SW with the area in SW where the people of the SE and SS region migrate to the most (aka Lagos) why don't we? When we do this comparison SW still outrank Lagos by 5%-4%
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1374059_IMG_20131023_084803_JPGb362273a7d719e230564def168f1d391

In terms of Armed violence when we compare SW to SE. Though both ranked about the same (1%), SW was still slightly above SE, though a very very small margin, as shown by the graph

In terms of car theft when we compare SW to SE; SW still outranked SE

SW is the highest crime infested region of the entire southern population. The only reason SS outranked SW in some categories was because Lagos was deliberately removed from SW to save una face BTW: what I meant by that: among the investors, one Nigerian, ironically a Yoruba, was involved. Before you open your mouth and start your people usual denying and blaming others for your crimes by claiming it is the "igbos" that are making your region a crime paradise, you should remember there are more Igbo in SE than the Igbos in SW so going by that logic, SE should outrank you people in all crimes yet ironically it is the opposite. There are more Igbos in Lagos than there are in the rest of the SW so going by that logic Lagos should equally outrank SW in all categories, ironically enough it is the opposite (except on one occasion) so you can shove that denial bullsh1t up your @ss.

While we are at it, the most notorious armed robbers in your region were Yorubas.
From Shina Rambo aka Mathew Oluwanifemi
http://gistmonger.com/90s-armed-robber-shina-rambo-i-beheaded-100-men-pounded-27-babies-slept-with-my-motherpic/
To Czar aka Abiodun Ogunjobi
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/godogodo-bigger-than-shina-rambo-police/
To Alhaja Faith Balogun (though an Edo state indigenous but she is married to a yoruba and her husband shared the wealth of her crimes and not once did he ever reported her so I'll include her)
http://www.dailyindependentnig.com/2013/03/end-of-the-road-for-alhaja-faith-lagos-robbery-queen/

These three are the main armed robbers that your own state police officer described as the "most wanted"

BTW guess the people who are predominately in the list of "History of Armed robbers, Company liquidators, Rapists and Notorious official criminals in Nigeria"
http://thenigeriangazette.com/history-of-armed-robbers-company-liquidators-rapists-and-notoriours-official-criminals-in-nigeria-by-shama-maliga/

Just because your media try their darnest to hide how crime infested your region is, does not mean there aren't those out there keeping tracks. Next time I hear a yoruba run his f2king mouth on crime and how crime infested Igbos are, I'll make sure to bring this post again and again and again.
BTW: Oma47 and all this tribalistic Yoruba mod, if una hide my post and ban me eeh, may thunder fire una @ss

Case closed!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Facts About Hitler / Imo Leaders Reject APC / Blog Poster Wanted!!! Monthly Payments Guarantee Hurry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.