Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,186 members, 7,864,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:33 AM

7 Steps To Success This 2014 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 7 Steps To Success This 2014 (617 Views)

Ways To Overcome Failure And Be A Success This Year / All Work & No Play... 7 Steps To Achieve Work/life Balance / Steps To Success In Your Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Steps To Success This 2014 by Jayclinics(m): 7:50am On Jan 03, 2014
Glory be to God, the creator of heaven and earth for protecting our lives all through 2013 and also through the few days we have experienced in 2014. That we made it through, it is not by our myth, nor by our power but I believe it is because of the love that the almighty has bestowed on us.

With great joy and happiness I write this piece of article, titled ‘7 steps to success this 2014’. This article I think will be an eye opener for you to realize that you can make it to any height you have dreamt to be in this 2014, Nigeria is a very great and nice country, filled with opportunities for everybody. It is left for you to think deep inside your mind and harvest out something God has put in there for you. Our mind is like another world, were impossibilities are possible. The great inventions we see today started from the mind, it was first designed with imaginations, extracted with thoughts and surfaced into the world with actions. What I am trying to say? Our success lies within us, it is inside our minds, it is left for you to think deep and harvest it.

One of the problems in Nigeria and other countries is unemployment. But I bet you, if Nigerian should stop seeing unemployment as a problem Nigeria will go a long way in its financial status. What am I saying? There is no job, there is no job, why not create one for yourself? Think deep and you will identify that thing God has installed in you. Nobody was sent into these world empty handed. I hate it when I see young people loiter the streets doing nothing, blaming the Government for their being unemployed. Why are you in school, or why did you go to school? School ordinarily shouldn’t be a place where you are trained to come out and work for people, you are trained to graduate; create something for yourself and employ people. Below is the tips to get you started and motivated on your path to success.

1. Follow your passion:

What is passion? Anything that drives up your emotions, anything that you feel at home doing. People are blessed with different talents and to identify them, you need to figure out those things that drive your passion. Until you identify your talent, or let me say, once you have identified your talent. You are on the verge to success.

2. Develop Yourself:

Before we dive into this, what is talent? Talent can be of any form. They are those things God almighty blessed us with, those things we can do with ease and do it more than others. Those things that we are happy and fulfilled when doing, no matter how stressful and boring it may be. When you pinpoint your talent, you have to develop yourself. Look at yourself as a germinating seed in your field. To develop yourself you have to come outside, participate in events, do things that challenge you, to succeed in life you have to step away from your comfort zone. As they say, practice makes perfect. With time you will see that, even if you weren’t that good in your talent, but so far is your talent, you will surely get a grip of it with practice. A very good and close example of people that succeeded in developing their talents is our well known musician, Wizkid.

3. Don’t Allow Your Failure To Be Another Person’s Joy:

This one is very important. See, there are so many obstacles the devil will set for you on your path to success. Most of them he will set up with the people around you. My grandfather ones told me, few days before he died, ‘Henry, don’t allow your sorrows and failure to be another person’s joy.’ I was a kid then and never understood what he meant by that until when I got to the tertiary institution, a lecturer wanted to Bleep me up, but to God be the Glory he didn’t succeed. So what am I trying to say, even if somebody, or people allows the devil to use them as an obstacle to hinder your success. Lol…. Just keep singing for them in flavour’s voice, ‘Destiny can only be delayed, it can never be destroyed’.

4. Be Focused:

Keep yourself present physically and emotionally in everything you do. Know what you are aiming for and keep doing it, avoid another form of distraction that will come your way.

5. Know Your Strength And Weakness:

Identify your strength and weakness, because only when you do so that is when you will you will know what you are fighting to achieve.

6. Think:

Still saying it yet again. Think, think, think. We have the brain but we are not making use of it. Research has it that in every 100% of human beings, 85% are not thinking, 10% think they are thinking but they are not, leaving only 5% actually thinking. Bill gate, the world richest man via Microsoft employed someone that his job is only to think for the company. This is to tell you the essence of settling down on a cool, noiseless area and walk through the world within you, maybe you might bump into the next big thing in the world while doing so.

7. Believe In God:

After all said and done, you have to pray, believe in you creator and have faith in him. If you are a Muslim, Christian, traditional worshipper or any other that you believe in, keep on believing, obey his commandments and every other thing will be added unto you. And like God said in the bible. ‘I will bless the works of your hands’.

On this juncture, I will like to hang up here. Let us meet at the comment box so we share our views because I believe, you will have more valuable info to add to this piece of write up. If you found this article helpful, you can drop your compliments, if else, your critics is still highly welcomed with corrections and advice and opinions. Because, as you can see, I am working on my own Number two(2) tip above.

Thank you and remain blessed

SOURCE
http://www.naijanovaz.com/7-steps-success-2014.html

(1) (Reply)

5 Tips To Achieving Your New Year Resolutions / Remuneration For Lecturers / Best Qlikview Online Training In India | UK | USA | Australia | Singapore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.