Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Police Arrest Rivers House Leader Lloyd - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest Rivers House Leader Lloyd (1129 Views)

How Buhari Got House Leader Job For Gbajabiamila - Vanguard / NASS Crisis: Dogara Group Concedes House Leader To Gbajabiamila Group / Senate Takes-Over Rivers House Of Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Rivers House Leader Lloyd by tonte23(m): 8:12am On Jan 03, 2014
The Police in Rivers State arrested yesterday House of Assembly Leader Chidi Lloyd over the death of Police Sergeant Urang Obadiah and a politician, Kingsley Ejeuo.
According to a statement by police spokesman Ahmad K. Mohammad, Lloyd was arrested on his way to the Air Force base where he was going to escape the arrest in Governor Rotimi Amaechi’s private jet.
Mohammad alleged that the House leader drove his bullet proof vehicle in a reckless manner to kill the two victims at the Emohua on the East-West road on December 30, last year.
He said the police initially thought it was an accident until further investigations proved otherwise.
Lloyd’s lawyer Emenike Ebete could not be reached last night for his reaction.
The police statement reads: “The Rivers State Police Command has arrested Hon. Chidi Llyod of the Rivers State House of Assembly for murder of Police Sgt. Urang Obediah and Mr. Kingsley Ejeuo, his kinsman and arch political opponent.
“He was arrested on his way to join His Excellency Governor Amaechi Rotimi in his private jet at the Air Force base to escape justice.
“Hon. Chidi Lloyd while pursuing his political opponent, Ejeuo, hit and knocked down Sgt. Urang Obediah, in his (Obadiah’s) effort to stop him (Lloyd).
“He rammed over the Passat car in which Ejeuo was driving, killing him on the spot.
“The Police initially thought it was a mere accident which ought to have been a manslaughter, not until Lloyd relocated from the initial private hospital where he was being treated, after ACP Aliyu Garba by the directives of CP Mbu J. Mbu visited him that the Police began to raise suspicion and went into further investigations on the purported accident.
”Conscious of what he did, Chidi Lloyd relocated to another hospital. It was later that facts emerged that Chidi Lloyd drove a bullet proof vehicle while pursuing his political opponent late Mr. Kingsley Ejeuo and he knocked down the police Sergeant who died on the spot and moved ahead and smashed Ejeuo’s Passat car, killing him also on the spot.
“The late Mr. Kingsley Ejeuo who hailed from the same place with Lloyd was a member of PDP.
“While being guarded by four police in his hospital bed, he sneaked out through the hospital’s back door in three tinted bullet proof jeeps and escaped.” Police claimed.
Lloyd a member representing Emohua LGA is standing trial on attempted murder of his colleague Michael Chinda during the last July 9, fracas at the floor of the state House.
The case was adjourned to November 27 for hearing on application to quash the information against him.
The matter did not go on following the state-imposed public holiday to mark the Port Harcourt centenary celebration. No further date has been fixed for the matter.
Police lied, says CPS
The Chief Press Secretary (CPS) to Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi, Mr. David Iyofor, said last night of the police account of the arrest: “It is most preposterous and outrageous for the police to say that. Escape to where? Does it make any sense to escape from Port Harcourt to Abuja? Is Abuja not within the Federal Republic of Nigeria? It’s a blatant lie.”

Posted by: Rosemary Nwisi, Port Harcourt in News 5 hours ago
Re: Police Arrest Rivers House Leader Lloyd by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 03, 2014
I smell lies n lies. Everywhere; we the rivers people re solidly behind our governor; come rain come sun; Jonathan all his militias, syndicates n apparatchick can go to hell for all I care; mmy governor ride on , we d rivers people re solidly behind you! U have fought n will continue to fight for us!b!!
Re: Police Arrest Rivers House Leader Lloyd by badmeat(m): 8:30am On Jan 03, 2014
Ameachi is breeding blood thirsty politicians in our state,its time as Rivers people we put a stop to all this rubbish,Chidi too wan come dey form boss for PH,angry
Re: Police Arrest Rivers House Leader Lloyd by TechRev: 8:50am On Jan 03, 2014
Assuming this story is verified.

So the assassination has started?? So which group is assassinating now?? May the dead RIP. With attemted murder case on his hands and now double homicide, lets see if a judge will grant the serial killer in the making bail.
Re: Police Arrest Rivers House Leader Lloyd by TechRev: 8:56am On Jan 03, 2014
The Rivers State Police Command has said it has arrested the Leader of the state House of Assembly, Hon. Chidi Llyod, for the alleged murder of Police Sgt. Urang Obediah and Mr. Kingsley Ejeuo, his kinsman and arch political opponent.

A statement issued by the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr. Ahmad Muhammad, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), yesterday night said Lloyd was arrested on his way to the Air Force Base airstrip to escape justice.

The statement said Lloyd had last Monday, while pursuing Ejeuo, knocked down Obediah, who was trying to stop him, killed him and went ahead to crush the Volkswagen Passat car Ejeuo was driving in and also killed him.

Muhammad said the police initially thought the incident was a mere accident, which ought to have been manslaughter.

He, however, said the police had to change their mind when the Commissioner of Police, Joseph Mbu, directed the Area Commander, Metro Police, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Aliyu Garba, to visit Lloyd in his hospital bed and commiserate with him.

He said, conscious of what he did, Lloyd relocated to another hospital when facts emerged that he (Lloyd) drove a bullet proof vehicle, while pursuing the late Ejeuo and in the process knocked down Obediah, who died on the spot and moved ahead to smash Ejuo in his Passat car.
According to the PPRO, “Late Mr. Kingsley Ejeuo, who hailed from the same place with Hon. Chidi Lloyd is believed to be in the PDP camp led by Mr. Felix Obuah.”

He said: “While being guarded by four policemen in his hospital bed, he (Lloyd) sneaked out through the hospital’s back door and was driven in three tinted bullet-proof jeeps and escaped.”

Muhammad also said: “On receipt of the information of the escape of Chidi Lloyd, the Commissioner of Police, CP. Mbu J. Mbu, directed for a thorough search on all jeeps, while the CP himself personally drove to the Air Force base, where he met Governor Rotimi Amaechi and a private jet waiting for take off.

“As soon as he (the police commissioner) alighted, he saluted the governor, the governor ignored him and showered rain of abuses on the commissioner of police but the CP kept calm.
Unfortunately for Chidi Lloyd, the eagle-eyed police patrol vehicles intercepted him and the CP was informed immediately and he left the Air Force base to his office, ignoring the abuses from the governor. After waiting in vain for Chidi Lloyd’s arrival, Amaechi boarded his jet and took off in anger.”

When contacted for his reaction, the Chief Press Secretary (CPS) to the governor, Mr. David Iyorfor, said: “It’s most preposterous and outrageous for the police to say that. Escape to where? Does it make any sense to escape from Port Harcourt to Abuja? Is Abuja not within the Federal Republic of Nigeria? It’s a blatant lie.”

Lloyd was at the centre of the fracas which broke out in the assembly on July 9, 2013 when he used the mace to break the head of one of the anti-Amaechi lawmakers, Hon. Michael Chindah, an incident that drew world-wide attention.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/police-arrest-rivers-assembly-leader-lloyd-for-murder/167901/
Re: Police Arrest Rivers House Leader Lloyd by oshyno(m): 9:01am On Jan 03, 2014
Why did police even allow dis man walk freely when he is already back from his supposed medical attention. They shud av picked him up to answer 4 his charges on d Asembly fracas. See now. He has gone on killing spray.
Re: Police Arrest Rivers House Leader Lloyd by docjuli(m): 1:03am On Jan 04, 2014
Hope he doesn't escape again. If this is true then he should be prosecuted for murder whether attempted or not (reckless driving). But by the way, where is the video?
RIP to the dead.
Re: Police Arrest Rivers House Leader Lloyd by gerald09(m): 9:26am On Jan 04, 2014
Raymondenyi: I smell lies n lies. Everywhere; we the rivers people re solidly behind our governor; come rain come sun; Jonathan all his militias, syndicates n apparatchick can go to hell for all I care; mmy governor ride on , we d rivers people re solidly behind you! U have fought n will continue to fight for us!b!!
How sad!! Really Really sad! Its really sad dat no matter what the Nigerian people will keep having d leaders dey deserve within really askin n finding. A pastor/religious leader rapes a child n Nigerians will call the child d devil sent, A politician will be "accused" n the Nigeria people will call dem "e-rat or witch hunting. The story may be true or a big lie but I want to believe Rivers state have educated people dat prefer leaving it as it is "an accusation" until proven guilty. Rather dan joining ur crusade of believing an it is written by d media. Cos if all dese were all lies den Nigeria shuldnt be like dis, don't u fink so.
Re: Police Arrest Rivers House Leader Lloyd by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2014
gerald09:
How sad!! Really Really sad! Its really sad dat no matter what the Nigerian people will keep having d leaders dey deserve within really askin n finding. A pastor/religious leader rapes a child n Nigerians will call the child d devil sent, A politician will be "accused" n the Nigeria people will call dem "e-rat or witch hunting. The story may be true or a big lie but I want to believe Rivers state have educated people dat prefer leaving it as it is "an accusation" until proven guilty. Rather dan joining ur crusade of believing an it is written by d media. Cos if all dese were all lies den Nigeria shuldnt be like dis, don't u fink so.

My broda I appreciate ur keen sense of understanding! I really do; buh U are not a rivers citizen I suppose; I 'm n I happen to know how our governor is been witch hunted by GEJ n his syndicates; simmply becos my governor is standing for what he believes in, n having a contrary view to the C in C of d federation! I mean we re suppose to be in democracy; liberalization every man musn't have samme vieww with the C in C of d federation! Ibeg;

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Soldiers Set BRT Buses On Fire On Ikorodu Road / War Is War: Why I Stand With Israel / Impeachments Could Cause Tension In Nigeria—atiku Warns PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.