Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Will You Support Two State Capital Structure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Support Two State Capital Structure (673 Views)

My Proposal For Nigeria: The Two State Solution / B’haram Attacks Two State Capitals Again / Ushongo Local Government Now Has Two State Contutuencies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Support Two State Capital Structure by Mightymanna(m): 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2014
According to me the most effective fanacea to aggitation for new state and 'single city state syndrome' is by having two state capital that is (1)excutive capital:which is the official state capital it contains all the excutive chambers of the state except some ministries and it wil have 60% of the state capital budget (2)legislative capital:this will have the state assembly and every legislative activities and some important minitries will be there it will be located in different sanatorial zone with the official state capital and it will have 40% for the total budget of the state capital.honestly speaking this will help to speed up the development of our country by diversifying and bringing the government closer to the people.as you can see now state like,borno,zamfara,sokoto,kebbi,ebonyi,rivers,bayelso,edo,osun,taraba,nassarawa,jigawa,yobe,enugu,imo,kano all this have single city as there main commercial,administrative,industrial centre precisely there state capital more exspicially kano were everything is withing the kano mentropolis thats the main reason why kano state give birth to jigawa state which is nothing but glorified bush only hadejia is worth to be called a town.kano state is still nothing without the kano metropolis due to our harsh centralisation,not kano alone many nigerian state are like kano state i am just refaring kano becouse its my own state
Re: Will You Support Two State Capital Structure by Mightymanna(m): 9:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
No insult please its just an opinion
Re: Will You Support Two State Capital Structure by slimfit1(m): 9:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
Rubbish upon nonsense Develop the one you are in first before you start another one.
Re: Will You Support Two State Capital Structure by asha80(m): 9:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
simply spread the development in the state into towns and villages instead of focusing on the capital or one big city.
Re: Will You Support Two State Capital Structure by Mightymanna(m): 11:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
asha 80: simply spread the development in the state into towns and villages instead of focusing on the capital or one big city.
yes i agree with you but this is what our state government failed to do just look at the situation right now
Re: Will You Support Two State Capital Structure by Mightymanna(m): 11:14pm On Jan 03, 2014
asha 80: simply spread the development in the state into towns and villages instead of focusing on the capital or one big city.
but how could this stop aggitating for new states
Re: Will You Support Two State Capital Structure by Mightymanna(m): 11:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
slim fit :
Rubbish upon nonsense Develop the one you are in first before you start another one.
and that is exatly what we are doing now developing our state capital while the other areas in God known time
Re: Will You Support Two State Capital Structure by tpia5: 3:38am On Jan 04, 2014
development is supposed to be spread across a state, at a relative pace.

not limited to one or two places alone.

however, perhaps i see your point.
Re: Will You Support Two State Capital Structure by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 04, 2014
Very good idea. I propose three capitals:

1. Executive
2. Legislature
3. Industrial/Economic
Re: Will You Support Two State Capital Structure by Mightymanna(m): 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
nwanna89: Very good idea. I propose three capitals:

1. Executive
2. Legislature
3. Industrial/Economic
this will spread the development to every nook and cranny of the state and finally bring the government closer to the people
Re: Will You Support Two State Capital Structure by funshint(m): 4:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
Mightymanna: this will spread the development to every nook and cranny of the state and finally bring the government closer to the people
It will not lead to any spread of development. It'll simply increase the cost of governance. The best is to allocate resources available to a state judiciously and ensure equal spread of basic needs of the people; education, goodroads, water, electricity and food lobatan!

(1) (Reply)

No Sniper Or Weapons Training Was Provided To Operation Rainbow By Israel / Unceasing Bloodshed: Should Nigeria Remain United Or Part Peacefully? - See More / Politics of Race: How America Complicates Race Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.