Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Etisalat And The Great Rip-offs. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat And The Great Rip-offs. (3060 Views)

NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers / 2015 Latest And Fastest Free Browsing(airtel, Etisalat And MTN) / Why Are Nigerian Telecom Companies Such Rip-offs?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat And The Great Rip-offs. by MalcolmXng: 10:55pm On Jan 03, 2014
At about 8.35 PM, 8.54 PM & 9.11 PM Nigerian time on 3rd January, 2014, I loaded N300 card (100×3) on Etisalat network. On each occasion I received the following notification:

DEAR CUSTOMER YOU RECHARGED 100.00 & YOU HAVE BEEN REWARDED WITH 50.00. THANKS FOR USING ETISALAT.

At the end of it all I checked my bal. and it reads:

MAIN BAL: 100.00; MAIN 5: 150.00

I tried reloading the cards only to be told they've been used. This is unbelievable!!

I now call on Etisalat to return my money. Imagine how many billions they'll be
raking in on a national scale from innocent and hardworking patriots. I know I am not alone. Share your experience, and don't stop at that; tell us also what should be done (legally) to stop this menace to society.

Etisalat and others on this rip-off must be forced to compensate and stop this daylight robberies.
Re: Etisalat And The Great Rip-offs. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 03, 2014
Where is ur proof?
Re: Etisalat And The Great Rip-offs. by Nobody: 12:09am On Jan 04, 2014
Etisalat is not like that. you must have been renewed from a service you earlier brought
Re: Etisalat And The Great Rip-offs. by MalcolmXng: 11:42am On Jan 04, 2014
exxell: Where is ur proof?
I am telling you these people are crooks and you're doubting. What type of proof do you want? OK this morning my account is reading -

MAIN BAL. N0.00; MAIN5, N150.00
Re: Etisalat And The Great Rip-offs. by lordnammy(m): 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
Is etisalat bis still working on android?
Re: Etisalat And The Great Rip-offs. by Babalegba(m): 12:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
@ op, why not phone customer service for an explanation.
Re: Etisalat And The Great Rip-offs. by MalcolmXng: 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
runzlord: Etisalat is not like that. you must have been renewed from a service you earlier brought
The plan I tried enrolling few days back was the weekly Opera Mini Lifestyle but some message came that I wasn't successful.

Even if l was successful, the WEEKLY RATE for that plan is N100, with Linda Ikeji blog, Nairaland, and Bellanaija as FREE sites. PAYG rates apply outside these.

Having spent 95% of my browsing time on NL yesternight, my questions are:

1. Were I even on Opera Mini Lifestyle, where is the bal. of N200 since the WEEKLY RATE for that plan is N100?
2. Is it possible for my MAIN5 (reward) acc. to have read N150 if I hadn't recharged N300, (i.e. N50 bonus for each N100 recharge)?
3. Apart from PAYG, is it possible to be be on a 'pre-existing' plan without one's subscription?
Re: Etisalat And The Great Rip-offs. by Babacele: 4:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
If u have a prove, talk to a lawyer .if they are really at fault, they will either apologise and or compensate u because the bad publicity is there. Julius Agwu sued them some weeks ago for some kind of breach too. Cheers.
MalcolmX@ng:
At about 8.35 PM, 8.54 PM & 9.11 PM Nigerian time on 3rd January, 2014, I loaded N300 card (100×3) on Etisalat network. On each occasion I received the following notification:

DEAR CUSTOMER YOU RECHARGED 100.00 & YOU HAVE BEEN REWARDED WITH 50.00. THANKS FOR USING ETISALAT.

At the end of it all I checked my bal. and it reads:

MAIN BAL: 100.00; MAIN 5: 150.00

I tried reloading the cards only to be told they've been used. This is unbelievable!!

I now call on Etisalat to return my money. Imagine how many billions they'll be
raking in on a national scale from innocent and hardworking patriots. I know I am not alone. Share your experience, and don't stop at that; tell us also what should be done (legally) to stop this menace to society.

Etisalat and others on this rip-off must be forced to compensate and stop this daylight robberies.
Re: Etisalat And The Great Rip-offs. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
MalcolmX@ng:
The plan I tried enrolling few days back was the weekly Opera Mini Lifestyle but some message came that I wasn't successful.

Even if l was successful, the WEEKLY RATE for that plan is N100, with Linda Ikeji blog, Nairaland, and Bellanaija as FREE sites. PAYG rates apply outside these.

1. Were I even on Opera Mini Lifestyle, where is the bal. of N200 since the WEEKLY RATE for that plan is N100?
2. Is it possible for my MAIN5 (reward) acc. to have read N150 if I hadn't recharged N300, (i.e. N50 bonus for each N100 recharge)?
3. Apart from PAYG, is it possible to be be on a 'pre-existing' plan without one's subscription?
call CC to tell u ur activities on the line
Re: Etisalat And The Great Rip-offs. by Babacele: 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
Please complain to customer care first but if u aint satisfied guy, talk to an attorney!
MalcolmX@ng:

Re: Etisalat And The Great Rip-offs. by MalcolmXng: 2:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
Thanks exxcell, runzlord, Babalegba, Babacele, and lordnammy.
I've called CC and they said l was on DAILY N100 10MB bundle which is renewed automatically, everyday. I've also asked for the deactivation code and have opted-out. Hoping they'll do that cos the response I got was - 'it's being processed'.
Thanks once more and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat And The Great Rip-offs. by lazen(m): 9:49am On May 07, 2015
Abeg, how do I use my Main5 balance on etisalat
Re: Etisalat And The Great Rip-offs. by sorextee(m): 6:13pm On May 07, 2015
I wanted to even ask, if u borrowed credit... but it seems they've answered ur question..
Re: Etisalat And The Great Rip-offs. by geosilbert: 12:50pm On May 08, 2015
But their rate of charges is just. Too much imagine u recharge after call say 3mins ur cash is finished am dropping it immediately my bis finish in two day and back to my glo

(1) (Reply)

HELP!!! My Camon C8 Is Slow / I Am Browsing Free Of Charge With My Opera Mini / 3G & 4G Networks Is Inactive On Inspired HTC - Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.