Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time (33368 Views)

Flop Musicians Of 2014 / Top 1o Richest Musicians Of All Time / Top Ten Rappers Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by daxon001(m): 5:07am On Jan 09, 2014
koligs: Hehehehe, Mods frontpage. Hardly do you send stuffs from the section to the frontpage.

Well my own list,

1. Konga
2. Azaadus
3. Those Danfo drivers Guyz (Madalon MC I fink)
4. Tonto Dike
5. Vic O (Please and Pls search for him on YouTube)
6. Bembe Aladisa (The dude dat sang Ewa fu mi ni visa)

I myt complete the list later. Shina Rambo and Genevieve Nnaji on da mind..
U are such a deranged and a funny fellow.are u serious at all? sad
koligs: Hehehehe, Mods frontpage. Hardly do you send stuffs from the section to the frontpage.

Well my own list,

1. Konga
2. Azaadus
4. Tonto Dike

U are such a deranged and a funny fellow.are u serious at all?
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by adconline(m): 5:25am On Jan 09, 2014
Ijogz K: We all listen to music, we love music, it lifts our spirit when we are down, we sing along even when we have horrible voices, it keeps our company and I would rather listen to music than to hang out with a boring person.

For this reason I have decided to come up with my best 10 musicians of all time. This Musicians cut across different decades and genres of music as my music sense is eclectic.

Your comments, contributions and criticism would be highly welcomed.

10. Don Moen
9. Tu Face
8. Celine Dion
7. Eminem
6. Dolly Parton
5.Kenny Rogers
4. Whitney Houston
3. Carlos Santana
2. Phill Collins
1. Michael Jackson

10. Don Moen: The only gospel artist on the list. I sleep and wake up with Don Moen inspiring songs. You automatically get connected to the Holy Spirit and I can remember faaaar back as 1993 whenever we are going to church. Pupsy was always playing his song and how I use to spoil his song by saying "let the weak say I am strong and let the strong say I am weak" instead of "Let the weak say I am strong, let the poor say I am rich"

Don Moen is an American singer-songwriter, pastor, and producer of Christian worship music. He produced 11 volumes for the Hosanna! Music series of worship albums. His first album under his own name, Worship with Don Moen, was released in 1992. His music has total global sales of over five million units.

Moen is also a prolific songwriter, having worked with Claire Cloninger, Paul Overstreet, Martin J. Nystrom, Randy Rothwell, Ron Kenoly, Bob Fitts, Debbye Graafsma, Paul Baloche, Tom Brooks, among many others.

9. 2face: The only Nigerian on the list our dear Tuface Innocent Idibia, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter and record producer. He is also variously called 2face, Tuface, 2Baba or Tubaba. He is one of the most decorated and successful hip pop artists in Africa. He is consistently ranked as one the best African musicians of all-time.

We all know the way African Queen swept us off our feet. He was one of the revolutionaries in the Nigerian music sector. 2Face has received one MTV Europe Music Award, one World Music Award, five Headies Awards (Hip-hop award), four Channel O Music Video Awards and one BET award for his musical work, four MTV Africa Music Awards, one MOBO award, one KORA award, and numerous additional nominations.

8. Celine Dion: Ohhhh how can we ever forget our dear Dion. As a kid, I thought she was a spirit. The voice is soooo damnnn flawless. Born in Quebec Canada, Dion first gained international recognition in the 1980s by winning both the 1982 Yamaha World Popular Song Festival and the 1988 Eurovision Song Contest where she represented Switzerland.

During the 1990s, with the help of Angélil, she achieved worldwide fame after signing with Epic Records and releasing several English albums along with additional French albums, becoming one of the most successful artists in pop music history.

Dion has won five Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year for Falling Into You and Record of the Year for "My Heart Will Go On". She is the best-selling Canadian artist of all time, In 2004, after surpassing 175 million in album sales worldwide, she was presented with the Chopard Diamond Award at the World Music Awards for becoming the best-selling female artist of all time. According to Sony Music Entertainment, Dion has sold over 220 million albums worldwide.

7. Eminem: This was really a difficult pick/selection. Over the years I av listened to a lot of Rappers, Jay Z or Kanye West would come to the lips of so many, Infact the almighty 2Pac might probably be expected or the Lyrical Notorious BIG. But to be fair to you all, when it comes to lyrics that I have memorized and would always rap along, it's that of my dear Eminem. Better known by his stage name Eminem and by his alter ego Slim Shady, is an American rapper, record producer, songwriter, and actor. Eminem is one of the world's best-selling music artists and is the best-selling artist of the 2000s. He has been listed and ranked as one of the greatest artists of all time by many magazines, including Rolling Stone magazine which ranked him 82nd on its list of The 100 Greatest Artists of All Time. The same magazine declared him The King of Hip Hop. His worldwide albums sales stand at more than 115 million, singles 120 million, and the estimated sale of over 220 million records worldwide. Eminem won Grammy Awards for both Relapse and Recovery, giving him a total of 13 Grammys in his career.

His Originality Is out of this world Abeg give it to the only rapper on this list!!!

6. Dolly Parton: Yes another country musician, an American singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, actress, author, and philanthropist, best known for her work in country music. If you listen to her sing you might think you made it to heaven.
Beginning her career as a child performer, Parton issued a few modestly successful singles from 1959 through the mid-1960s, showcasing her distinctive soprano voice. Listing her immediately after Kenny Rogers ain't a mistake. Just listen to their 1983 duet "Islands on the stream" and come back to thank me.

She has composed over 3,000 songs, the best known of which include "I Will Always Love You" (a two-time U.S. country chart-topper for Parton, as well as an international pop hit for Whitney Houston), "Jolene", "Coat of Many Colors","9 to 5", and "My Tennessee Mountain Home".
She has received eight Grammy Awards (including her 2011 Lifetime Achievement Grammy) and a total of 46 Grammy Award nominations, the most nominations of any female artist in the history of the prestigious awards, a record tied by Beyoncé.

5. Kenny Rogers: This is my list and nothing but my opinion before you all say who the heck is "Kenny Roger" infact as I dey mention en name, my belle they sweet me die!!!

Yes I love country music, infact you might wanna cry if you listen to some country music lyrics, I feel they have the greatest job, cuz you just can't but make sense. You are talking in a calculated manner.. This Texas king of music was born on August 21, 1938. An American singer-songwriter, photographer, record producer, actor, entrepreneur and author, and member of the Country Music Hall of Fame.

Though he has been most successful with country audiences, he has charted more than 120 hit singles across various music genres, topped the country and pop album charts for more than 200 individual weeks in the United States alone and has sold over 130 million records worldwide, making him one of the highest-selling artists of all time. He has received numerous such awards as the AMAs, Grammys, ACMs and CMAs, as well as a lifetime achievement award for a career spanning six decades in 2003.

4. Whitney Houston : Can I hear that shout!!! Our beloved queen of pop was an American recording artist, singer, actress, producer, and model. In 2009, the Guinness World Records cited her as the most awarded female act of all time. Houston was one of the world's best-selling music artists, having sold over 200 million records worldwide. Houston is the only artist to chart seven consecutive No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 hits. She is the second artist behind Elton John and the only woman to have two number-one Billboard 200 Album awards (formerly "Top Pop Album"wink on the Billboard magazine year-end charts. Houston's 1985 debut album Whitney Houston became the best-selling debut album by a woman at the time of its release. Our queen is just out of this world when it comes to her vocal prowess.

3. Carlos Santana : To tell you the honest truth in the most humble way, I can't just tell you why I love him. He uses the guitar in a way that even it's inventor would wonder if some of the tunes could ever be produced. He's a Mexican and American who became famous in the late 1960's and early 1970's. He has won 10 Grammy Awards and three Latin Grammy Awards.

2. Phil Collins : OmG this guy is simply out of this world, an English musician, singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, actor and writer, best known both as drummer and vocalist for English rock group Genesis and as a solo artist. His solo career, which was launched in 1981 and was heavily influenced by his personal life and soul music, brought both himself and Genesis greater commercial success. Collins's total worldwide sales as a solo artist are 150 million. Collins has won numerous music awards throughout his career, including seven Grammy Awards, six Brit Awards—winning Best British Male three times, three American Music Awards, an Academy Award, two Golden Globe Awards and a Disney Legend Award in 2002 for his solo work. In 2008, Collins was ranked the 22nd most successful artist on the "The Billboard Hot 100 Top All-Time Artists".
God, Allah, and Yahweh.. I can't listen to him with my eyes opened.

1. Michael Jackson..: I need not introduce him to you, the name Michael would forever ring a Bell to the Living or Dead, especially if you lived between 1980-2009.. Jackson is recognized as the most successful entertainer of all time by Guinness World Records. His contributions to music, dance, and fashion, along with his publicized personal life, made him a global figure in popular culture for over four decades.
Jackson 1982 Album is the best selling album of all time. Jackson is one of the few artists to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice. He was also inducted into the Dance Hall of Fame as the first and only dancer from pop and rock music. Some of his other achievements include multiple Guinness World Records; 13 Grammy Awards as well as the Grammy Legend Award and the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award; 26 American Music Awards, more than any other artist, including the "Artist of the Century" and "Artist of the 1980s". He's definitely My Greatest, at some point as a kid, I referred to him as my Father. R.I.P Dad!!!

Oya, Nairalanders. . .over to you. Post your top 10 musicians of all times and lets discuss
Seems like you are in ur forties?
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by azimibraun: 5:43am On Jan 09, 2014
Any need. Sef? Do we really have the greatest of all time? When everybody came , saw and contributed their own QUOTA? Ok if I may ask, what abt BB king, Al Green, Grover Washington, Salif Keita, Oumou Sangare, Victor olaya, Victor Unwaifo, Majek Fashek, Nana Simone, Ray CHarles, Mariam Makeba, 2face, Nas, 2pac, Anita Baker, Bob Dylan, Elvis Presley, Donna Summer, Madonna etc? And dt is to cut the list short o! Make we jst liv dis matter jeje.
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by jreyez(m): 5:46am On Jan 09, 2014
I love this... Oya see em do.pe musicians here.

Eminem
NAS
Andre from outkast
2PAC (dead or alive)
Jay z
Stat quo
Kanye West
T.I
BOB (bobby ray)
Royce da '59

Listening to' bad meets evil by Eminem ft Royce da '59' cool
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by jreyez(m): 5:49am On Jan 09, 2014
CallMeFemi: 1. Eminem
2. Boogey
3. AQ
4. Adele
5. Kendrick Lamar
6. Bruno Mars
7. Crooked I
8. Yelawolf
9. Blaqbonez
10. Eminem

I love underground music... 9ja mainstream is shiiit!! And I love quality music also!!

Peace!!

Yelawolf is piece of crap.... Compared to even George watsky or even jreyez. (no offence)
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Fredfrank(m): 5:50am On Jan 09, 2014
Drake
Jay z
Kanye west
Lil wayne
Eminem
Kendrick lamar
The weeknd
Justin timberlake
Justin bieber
J cole
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Nobody: 5:52am On Jan 09, 2014
In no particular order..

10..Pericomo of Arondizogu/Queen Theresa Onuora of Unubi..
9..Fela Kuti/Mike Ejegha
8..Peter Tosh
7..50 cent
6..Miriam Makeba
5..Dr Dre/Wu tang Clan
4..Biggie Smalls/Tu pac
3..Boney m/ Abba
2..Black bear..scottish bag pipe/irish music..love em all
1..Micheal Jackson..

...Malcolm Maclaren
..Buju Banton
..Shaggy
..EPMD..eric sermon n parish smith
Red man..method man..ice cube
Baaba Maal/Selif Keita
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by lekkie073(m): 5:52am On Jan 09, 2014
Bob Marley
fela anikulapo kuti
lucky dube
Michael Jackson
Kenny rogers
Eminem
bone thugs
Phil Collins
pink
madonna
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by jreyez(m): 5:59am On Jan 09, 2014
Everyone just posting 'Eminem' like they really know the guy... Piece of fake people....

PS - I started listening to Eminem at the age of 5.. Saw him physically at the age of 19 at cali.. Performing a show....

I can rap all Eminems verse, right from 8 mile. cool
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by daclint(m): 6:03am On Jan 09, 2014
abeg carry 2pac and Game put there
no forget Sloo Dogg.lol
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by slam7000(m): 6:05am On Jan 09, 2014
10..Fela Anikulapo
9...Clannad
8...Pete Rock
7....Snoop dog
6..Peter tosh
5..Notorious Big
4..Outcast before they split
3.Fleet Woodmac
2..Dr Dre
1..Mj
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by slam7000(m): 6:09am On Jan 09, 2014
jreyez: Everyone just posting 'Eminem' like they really know the guy... Piece of fake people....

PS - I started listening to Eminem at the age of 5.. Saw him physically at the age of 19 at cali.. Performing a show....

Do you have to know and meet someone to like his music.
So eminen is the only musician you liked his music just cos you met,know his house and can rap all his songs even the ones he hasnt produced.

3 Likes

Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 09, 2014
1. King Sunny Ade
2. Dare Art Alade
3. Bez
4. Snoop Dog (Lion)
5. D'Banj
6. R.Kelly
7. Vector Tha Viper
8. Fat Joe
9. Asa
10. 9ice
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 09, 2014
1. Dagrin
2. Dare Art Alade
3. Bez
4. Snoop Dog (Lion)
5. D'Banj
6. R.Kelly
7. Vector Tha Viper
8. Fat Joe
9. King Sunny Ade
10. 9ice
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by jreyez(m): 6:15am On Jan 09, 2014
slam7000:

Do you have to know and meet someone to like his music.
So eminen is the only musician you liked his music just cos you met,know his house and can rap all his songs even the ones he hasnt produced.
Wtf are you saying,? eminem is my favourite white boy
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by ritux: 6:18am On Jan 09, 2014
Mine is just 5 for now. I will edit as time goes on

1. Wyclef Jean

2. Whitney Houston

3. Lucky Dube

4. D'Banj

5. Celine Dion

Edited

6. Lionel Richie

7. DMX
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by leggo: 6:20am On Jan 09, 2014
jreyez: Everyone just posting 'Eminem' like they really know the guy... Piece of fake people....

seeing him physically doesn't make you anymore of a fan... below are screen shots of my play list , count how many of his albums i gat.

1 Like

Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 09, 2014
Celine Dion.
Dido.
Rihanna.
Enya.
Michael Jackson.
Jay Z.
Rick Ross.
Justin Timberlake.
Bruno Mars.
Me grin
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Rayvene(f): 6:39am On Jan 09, 2014
Pricelesss: What about Lil Wayne, Beyonce, R.Kelly, Wiz Kid. I don't quite agree with your list. Though MJ and Houston deserve a place on the list.
2kass: Jay Z over Eminem, Celine Dion shouldn't be on the list, Who the Heck is Carlos Santana and Dolly Parton. Where's Awilo who rocked Naija streets with Makossa for years, where's our own PSquare, I would pick Dbanj over 6 peeps out of the list. Arrant Nonsense.

Just how old are you both?15? undecided

Anyway,this is a hard one,so I'm not gonna make the list in any particular order.My top ten are:
•John Lennon
•Michael Jackson
•Fela Anikulapo Kuti
•Freddie Mercury
•Nasir Jones
•Eminem
•Carlos Santana
•Tupac Shakur
•Bob Marley
•Whitney Houston
•R.Kelly
•Sade Adu
•TuFace
cool
As you can see,I added three more tongue.Abeg no vex.
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by jey4all(m): 6:43am On Jan 09, 2014
Erhiga name should be on the top 10
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Rayvene(f): 6:45am On Jan 09, 2014

So because you saw him performing,you "really know him"? undecided .No other person is entitled to like his music again?
Smfdh.

jey4all: Erhiga name should be on the top 10
You're joking,right?grin

1 Like

Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by kEEDAHkinGIN: 6:47am On Jan 09, 2014
Jay-z,lil wayne,wizkid,dbanj,...where the hell are dis guys on d list...without dem d list is...#WACK
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by To5man(m): 6:48am On Jan 09, 2014

Well my own list,

1. Konga
2. Azaadus
4. Tonto Dike

that no 3 is Mountain black & Madmelon
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by jreyez(m): 6:52am On Jan 09, 2014
leggo:
seeing him physically doesn't make you anymore of a fan... below are screen shots of my play list , count how many of his albums i gat.

Lol I've got all his album,, including his studio work videos before he started producing. I'm a die hard fan.
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by leggo: 6:54am On Jan 09, 2014
jreyez:

Lol I've got all his album,, including his studio work videos before he started producing. I'm a die hard fan.
not everyone can be a stan.
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by slam7000(m): 7:00am On Jan 09, 2014
jreyez:
Wtf are you saying,? eminem is my favourite white boy

Are you retarded or just being childish??..you called people who listed eminen as one of their favourite artiste fake just cos you want to tell the whole world how you met him..i asked you,do you have to meet an artiste to like his music?

You are the fake one here kid.

1 Like

Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by eminemkayc: 7:10am On Jan 09, 2014
1) Marshal marthers
2) Slim shady
3) Eminem
4) Nas
5) Royce da 5'9
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by decepticos(m): 7:11am On Jan 09, 2014
in my opinnion i choose to name ppl, ppl wont name and since i dont know d time frame, well my list goes beyond 10 and in no particular order group or not we have
1. The Beatles
2. Chuck Berry
3. Nina Simone
4. Bill withers
5. Metallica
6. Dire Straits
7. Sam Cooke
8. Seal
9. Rolling stones
10. Randy crawford
11. Robert Nester Marley
12. UB40
13. Grand masterflash and the furious five
14. Heavy D and the boys
15. Prince
16. Micheal Jackson
17. Lil walter and Muddy waters
18. Aerosmith
19. Aretha franklin
20. Minnie Ripeaton
21. Ray Charles
let me stop dia for now

nigerians

1. modenine
2. KSA
3. Chief stephen osita osadebe
4. Bobby Benson
5. Chief Oliver de Couqe
6. Chief Ayinde Barrister
7. Fela Anikulapo Kuti
8. Blackky
9. Onyeka Onwenu
10. African Oyibo (cant recall her real name)

ppl i was meant to list but didn't, i have at one time or d other mentioned on varying threads esp:
Nas
Black thoughts of the Roots crew
Mosdef and talib
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by wckabuoh(m): 7:22am On Jan 09, 2014
Pricelesss: What about Lil Wayne, Beyonce, R.Kelly, Wiz Kid. I don't quite agree with your list. Though MJ and Houston deserve a place on the list.
No be only Wizkid......................dem de talk abt legendaries and U de call Wizkid.
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by gabelogan(m): 7:22am On Jan 09, 2014
1. Luther vandross
2. Yukmouth (1 half of the rap duo, the luniz)
3. 2pac
4. Se7en (south korean pop sensation. that guy can sing!!!!!!!! Wizkid even bit 1 of his tracks)
5. Brian mcknight
6. Sisqo/dru hill
7. Kevon edmonds
8. Whitney houston
9. Poetic lovers (french rnb group)
10.Dmx

Honorable mention: fela, boyz2men, mariah carey, RL of next, omarion
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 09, 2014
I don't Listen To Worldly Musics...For Me This are the top 10.
1.Don Moen
2.Ron Kenoly
3.Donnie McClurkin
4.Darwin Hobbs
5.kuyt car
6.John p.kee
7.ALVIN SLAUGHTER
8.Joshua Troupe
9.Paul Wilbur
10.T.D Jakes.
Others Include frank edward,samsung,kari jobe,vicki yohe...e.t.c
Re: Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time by larrymoore(m): 7:25am On Jan 09, 2014
Of all time all seasons come rain come sunshin for life;
1.2pac
2.Shakur
3.Amaru
4.Makavelli
5.Tupac
6.Mr. Makavelli
7.2pac shakur
8.Amaru shakur
9.Makavelli the Don
10.Outlawz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Portable Releases New Song Criticizing Apostle Suleman For Using Bulletproof Car / Music : Bro Collins Ononuju - Look To You / Where Can I Get To Download Dr. Sikiru Ayinde Barrister, Reality Mp3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.