Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,341 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry (35384 Views)

A Nairalander And His Girlfriend Win Lumia Phones From Nokia (Photos) / Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands / Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by Kelvindwaplord(m): 7:47am On Jan 04, 2014
Tecno Mobile Nigeria is one of the leading mobile brand in nigeria and also africa. Tecno is well known for selling android powered phones at cheap rate and is already a household name in nigeria. Although some weeks ago i critized tecno and said Tecno Phones Are Of Low Quality , The truth is that nigerians still love tecno and tecno is waxing strong everyday.

How It All Started

Tecno began the smartphone war in nigeria with the launch of Tecno N3 In november 2012. Tecno's first android phone , tecno N3 didnt feature some awesome specs. Looking at the specs alone you'ld know that at that time , tecno still had a lot of work to do on their phones. Tecno n3 featured a poor 3.5'inch display with just 256,000 colours , a poor 800Hz single core processor and a TERRIBLE 256RAM. Worst of all it had a 1400mAh Battery capacity and ran on android 2.3.5 gingerbread version. Funny enough tecno n3 managed to make huge sales in nigeria , which cost about #10,000 at that time.

The Year 2013 In Review

The year 2013 was no doubt the most successful year in tecno's history. Tecno androids really rocked 2013 and was able to win the hearts of thousands on nigerians.

Tecno kicked off the year 2013 with the release of Tecno N7, an improved version of tecno n3. Tecno really uped their game with the release of tecno n7. Tecno n7 featured an impressive 4.0' inch display , internal memory of 4GB , ram of 512MB and an impressive dual core processor of frequency 1.0 GHz CPU , all of which ran on android 4.0 ice cream version. Tecno n7 really outshined tecno n3 and made thousands of sale within a short time.

Next up was tecno b3. Tecno b3 was more like tecno n3 in the same size. B3 also features 3.5inches screen , just like the n3. B3 ran on android 2.3.5 gingerbread version and also featured a 512MB Ram.

Ever since then , tecno slowly but steadily grew its popularity in nigeria and also its fan base too. As at august 2013 , tecno mobile's facebook fanpage clocked 100,000 Fans which showed that its strenght in nigeria was growing by the day. I could also recall that tecno organised a 'Smart' Contest in september 2013. The smart contest was organised to discover the smartest tecno user in nigeria. This strategy actually worked as many nigerians participated in the contest and tecno also increased in popularity. The winner of the contest got home with a whooping #100, 00 in cash from tecno.

Tecno also released its first tablet in 2013. Tecno phantom pad was released in july 2013 and it was the first tablet ever released by tecno. Featuring an 8inch display , a 1GM ram , 1.2Ghz dual core processor and ran on android 4.2.1 jelly bean version , tecno phantom pad touted itself as one of tecno's powerful machines in 2013.

But tecno's best android device in 2013 was the Tecno Phantom Aplus. It can hardly be argued that tecno phantom a plus was the best tecno device in 2013 and argueable the best selling device in 2013. Phantom a was released with the tagline '#Innovation To Succeed For You And For Everyone'. Phantom a plus sports a 5inch display with 16million colours , 2100mAh battery capacity , 1.2 GHz dual-core Mediatek MT6577H CPU , 1GB ram and also runs on android 4.2jellybean version which has been confirmed that it will be able to use BBM. Phantom a was ranked no 7 in my list of 10 Smartphones That Rocked 2013. That wasnt all from tecno , other flagship phones were released. This includes Tecno P5 , Tecno m3 , Tecno L3 , Tecno D1 , Tecno Q1 , Tecno D7 , Tecno M5, Tecno M7 And A Few More Others. Even in late 2013 , Tecno Released Phantom A3 and also Tecno Released Tecno P9, Tecno D9 And Tecno S5 all at the same time.

What To Expect In 2014

We're expecting tecno to up their game and give nigerians more. In the year 2014 we're expecting tecno phones with

•Gorilla Glass Display

•Water And Dust Proof

•Other Cool And Unique Features. And Most Importantly ,

•Phones With OTA Upgrade.

Culled From : http://dailytechmedia.com/performance-report-tecno-stole-show-nokia-blackberry.html

12 Likes

Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by Kelvindwaplord(m): 8:03am On Jan 04, 2014
Some guys are naturally stupid!

2 Likes

Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by Taeewo(m): 8:23am On Jan 04, 2014
U mean those manufacturing techno,dont insult techno cuz he/she/it can feed all ur extended family.u too beta ponder on hw u can budge into market and make name even if by walking naked into market wil make u popular u beta do it cuz d next day people wil b saying dat was d mad man of yesterday..
Kelvindwaplord: Some guys are naturally stupid!

6 Likes

Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by hammedroyabat(m): 8:24am On Jan 04, 2014
Tecno now a prayer point in Nigeria....
' May ur life upgraded like dat of tecno'
... If tecno could ping b4 Nokia, what can't u achieve ?'...

4 Likes

Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by Kelvindwaplord(m): 8:26am On Jan 04, 2014
Taeewo: U mean those manufacturing techno,dont insult techno cuz he/she/it can feed all ur extended family.u too beta ponder on hw u can budge into market and make name even if by walking naked into market wil make u popular u beta do it cuz d next day people wil b saying dat was d mad man of yesterday..

now i understand why they said 'English is difficult' . I was referring to those guys that were commenting 'Kk' . If tecno can feed my family , then it can feed your whole generation and the one to come in the next ten years

7 Likes

Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by olahero(m): 8:44am On Jan 04, 2014
lolz English is not dif?lt pass Yoruba ooo, yeah Tecno slap them and beat them in smartphones race, the first time i saw TECNO N3 was around November ending of 2012 while i was using Nokia N7, when i layd my hand on the N3, i quickly sold out my Nokia N7 the next day, then i was the 2nd person to buy the Tecno N3 in Ilorin YES, hundrendz of people bought theirs from my experience i shared with them about the phone but at last i saw the phone as a scrap, my previous used Tecno are N3, N7, N9 Pad sold to buy Mini, A+, P5, L3 for a wik, M3 for a wik currently using Samsung Tab 2 while waiting to port to Tecno Pad Mini. Lolz TECNO don pass the Nokla and Blushbewy lol.

4 Likes

Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by Taeewo(m): 8:45am On Jan 04, 2014
It is u dat dont comprehend proverb,i no u r gabbing to dem cuz am d no 1 on d list..dat y yoruba stil remain no 1 in terms of irony translation..u must b an infant for u nt to understand my comment cuz www.nairalandseunosewa.com is for adult like us cuz am just 17years old.
No more reply pls cuz u shud av known now dat am a clown.
If u reply again i wil call seun osewa nw to ban u cuz he was my classmate in secondary n i was d one dat use to teach him maths tutorial.
Kelvindwaplord:

now i understand why they said 'English is difficult' . I was referring to those guys that were commenting 'Kk' . If tecno can feed my family , then it can feed your whole generation and the one to come in the next ten years

6 Likes

Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by Francheezy(m): 10:02am On Jan 04, 2014
N3 was out in November 2012
Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by samsard(m): 11:48am On Jan 04, 2014
@Op I think you are wrong, tecno N3 was not tecno's first droid, T1 is. Just google tecno T1 to confirm
phantom A+ has a quad core Processor not "dual core".

2 Likes

Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by Darey00(m): 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
olahero: lolz English is not dif?lt pass Yoruba ooo, yeah Tecno slap them and beat them in smartphones race, the first time i saw TECNO N3 was around November ending of 2012 while i was using Nokia N7, when i layd my hand on the N3, i quickly sold out my Nokia N7 the next day, then i was the 2nd person to buy the Tecno N3 in Ilorin YES, hundrendz of people bought theirs from my experience i shared with them about the phone but at last i saw the phone as a scrap, my previous used Tecno are N3, N7, N9 Pad sold to buy Mini, A+, P5, L3 for a wik, M3 for a wik currently using Samsung Tab 2 while waiting to port to Tecno Pad Mini. Lolz TECNO don pass the Nokla and Blushbewy lol.
Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by zizky(m): 1:53pm On Jan 04, 2014
@Op, point of correction; Tecno's first Android phone was called Tecno T1 then followed by T3 before they launched the N3.

3 Likes

Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by aieromon(m): 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
Am I seeing signs of the beginning of the #kk crew? grin

3 Likes

Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
@OP, thank God Una don settle the quarrel. All hail the new Tecno Ambassador. Tecno is NOW BETTER THAN BB and NOKIA.

1 Like

Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by aieromon(m): 2:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
Kelvindwaplord: Some guys are naturally stupid!

"Kk" was a soft version of what the posters actually felt. Calling them "stupid" shows you got the message.

3 Likes

Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
I need on of the phones soon. Team Tecno!
Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
N7 is 5.0". Tecno phantom pad is running stock android 4.2.2. Phantom A+ is quadcore.
For me the only thing i need from tecno is OTA updates. If i ever need 'Monkey glass display' with 'Water and dust proof' i would go for Sammy or Xperia range of smartphones.
Tecno still have areas to improve on, their new website interface is nice!

Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by ibietela2(m): 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
You just carry Tecno matter for Head......... With lies and wrong Stats only to bad mouth Tecno
Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by gen2briz(m): 4:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
Tecno again....
Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
K
Re: How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry by packman: 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
[size=30pt]hmm rilly[/size]

[size=20pt]blah blah blah

their sound quality is awful

i have gotten close to 10 ear piece

yet all the same

techno techno techno

abeg

NOKIA SHOULD RELEASE THEIR

ANDRIOD CANT WAIT TO SWITCH

AS FOR Bread & Beans (BB)

NA OLD STORY

OTIKPARI
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) / Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? / Glo Scatter Dem! Glo2go @ 1k/sec- Flexi Dynamic Tariff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.