Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,877 members, 7,862,956 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:48 AM

US Immigrant Filling. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / US Immigrant Filling. (518 Views)

Baby Dumped At Filling Station In Katsina (Photo) / NIGERIAN IMMIGRANT IN THE U.S GAINS ADMISSION INTO All IVY LEAGUE UNIVERSITIES / Things Every African Immigrant Can Relate To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Immigrant Filling. by Judenato: 12:20pm On Jan 04, 2014
My senior sister who is a US citizen filled a US immigrant paper for me,but it is now six years i have not gotten their call,last year i wanted to go for a visit, they refused saying that i should not think of going to US until the case is over.Now both my sister and i are regreting the filling stuff.please my people who knows about this kind thing should explain it to me .I am a new member.
Re: US Immigrant Filling. by Woged2005(f): 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
Judenato: My senior sister who is a US citizen filled a US immigrant paper for me,but it is now six years i have not gotten their call,last year i wanted to go for a visit, they refused saying that i should not think of going to US until the case is over.Now both my sister and i are regreting the filling stuff.please my people who knows about this kind thing should explain it to me .I am a new member.

Yea it takes about 5 - 7yrs bc it's first-come-first-serve. Ur sister filed for immigrant visa for u (also known as green card). There are millions of people around the world in queue for that category and they only grant a few tens of thousands every year depending on how many visas are allocated by congress for that year. This is bc it's the main visa category that allows people to work legally in USA.

Another reason may be that they have been sending u messages, letters and communication to the email address, or mailing address u provided in ur application updating u on the status of ur application, but u've not been getting them either bc u moved, or the address is wrong.

Relax! In Nigeria, we are used to getting things fast because of bribery/ corruption and 'who u know'. Fortunately, US does not believe in all that, and don't care whom u are. You must wait in line like others. However, the wait is worth it. If u ever cut corners and come into USA with a wrong class of visa (like a tourist, or visitor) and try to stay back in USA, u'll regret ever coming to USA. That's how doctors and bankers in Nigeria become baby-sitters in USA bc they have no papers to work. Be patient, dear. US systems works & respects nobody!

1 Like

Re: US Immigrant Filling. by Ballotti: 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
It takes 10 years for sibling-to sigling filing.
You have 3 more to go. . . before you start making inquiries.
I would not have filed such a nuisance.
It is more of a TRAP! kiss

Now you know!
Be patient dear. kiss
Re: US Immigrant Filling. by aadetoyin(f): 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
am kinda in the same boat wit u. My mum just started the process 4 me n my hubby but I wanna ditch the process cos once I receive the first mail from immigration I won't be able to visit US and I seriously wanna visit this year.

I can't wait for ten yrs b4 I travel.

Guess since u ve waited this long u should chill. But does it mean u ve nor received any mail from them? Cos u ought to ve received some mails and documents in the 6 yrs.
good luck dear

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Free Diaper Bag Giveaway / Wrinkles / Bed Bug Fumigation And Pest Control Services -chogon Facilities Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.