Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,627 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

How To Shut The Back Door Of Your Finances And Get Out Of Debt - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Shut The Back Door Of Your Finances And Get Out Of Debt (399 Views)

Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity / Googletrader Nigeria To Shut-down By November 11 2013!!! / First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Shut The Back Door Of Your Finances And Get Out Of Debt by vowiski(m): 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
Most people live a reckless life and that’s the reason why they keep complaining of inadequacies. Do you know what debt is? Indebtedness is not necessarily a function of poverty as it is evident that even rich people suffer from this debt syndrome. Debt is the entrance-way to worry, fear, insecurity and stress.
debt free

Credit: Tothetick

What people don’t know is that stress which is a recipe of Indebtedness is the cause of many ailment and most times leads to death. Worry and stress co-exist; there are the most dangerous things than can happen to any man because it makes them lose their mind. They become unnecessarily over-reactive, over-suspicions, and over-burdened with hate and regrets. And then, their lives become counter-productive, repelling growth in their finances and jobs.

Indebtedness removes the joy from people on their “pay-day”. They look so old and devastated looking at the bills and the number of persons they have to part, with a large portion of their salaries or wages.

I heard a lady always crying and complaining at the end of every month because she works so hard, yet looks so pale and weak as a result of her Indebtedness. The bills kept coming and it was as though, she earned not for herself but for somebody else. I knew her problem but at that time, I believe I was simply too young to summon the courage to tell her that she was living above her earnings.

Most people live a very reckless life unaware to them, they are interested in things that they do not want and they keep paying the bills that should otherwise be utilized for something else. This for me, is financial mismanagement. They are not naturally poor, but simply lack the will to design a system that works with their expenses. Debt is abnormal but most people think it is completely unrealizable, good news, anyone can be debt free and it all begins with a choice backed by a working system!

Also See: 3 Things People Do With Money

In Africa, debt is not really an alarming issue but in the United States and in Europe, it is a very serious and embarrassing situation. Some persons are born in debt while others mortgage their lives until the life beyond. Debt is a destroyer of great families because there is pressure and tension! Any slight provocation is escalated like wild fires. Do humans really have to suffer from the pressure and stress that Indebtedness brings?
Getting Out Of Debt

If you are already indebted, I will quickly run you through how to get out it.
1. Write down how much you owe from the highest to the least
2. Start reducing your debt, no matter how small it is. Do not wait till you have the total money. There is nothing like free money, any money you have that has been termed “Free Money” should be added to clear up some of the debt.

Hint: $50 paid from a debt of $1000 is no longer $1000 debt, but $950 debt. That’s how it works!

3. Meet with your creditor in an attempt to re-evaluate how you get rid of the debt.
4. Do not spend more than you earn.
5. Sell some properties to clear your debt.
Reasons For Debt And How To Stay Out Of It

(1) (Reply)

Thinking Of Relocation/removal..think Noble / So You Need Loan For Your Business? / Why Do People Ask "What Can I Do With X Amount?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.