Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Hnd Distinction N Bsc 1st Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hnd Distinction N Bsc 1st Class (1589 Views)

First Class Graduate Who Can't Spell 'Distinction' / PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY / Hadiza Saddik-Mahuta Breaks Record In The UK After Bagging Distinction In Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hnd Distinction N Bsc 1st Class by fajiboy: 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2008
Greateset Lander,

I want your opinion on BSC Ist class and HND distinction, because i see no difference
Re: Hnd Distinction N Bsc 1st Class by Redfox(m): 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2008
hey! what kind of comparison is that,don't u know the mission statement for the setting up of universities is different from that of polytechnic,come of it.university or bacclaureate education is designed for high level skill and manpower and poly for support
in sum,it will be rationale for u to compare poly for ploy,not poly for uni.let me ask u,what is the bedrock of research and development? why are uni graduates employed as poly lecturers and not poly for poly,why is it that major academic breakthru"s are uni-driven?pls ask urself certain questions.it is totally absurd to compare both.That topic is definitely not debatable.
Read the national policy on education,and the history and landmarks of tertiary institutions in nigeria and the world(google).
Re: Hnd Distinction N Bsc 1st Class by mekk(m): 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2008
whats the contrast for anyaway,
Re: Hnd Distinction N Bsc 1st Class by Raymond4kc: 11:46pm On Aug 08, 2008
Hey Guys why  bordered about such comparison. I tell u this shocking truth : Every Nigeria First class is a Total mess except PROVED OTHERWISE.
A first read will trigger some questions in the readers mind, but listen my friend, Nigeria Academic System is a total failure, quote me any where.

Whether from a Polythenic or a university, the question u should ask urself is : have I really got what it take to be a first class student , a second (upper or lower) class, etc. Again , can I confidently challenge my canterparts over there at Harvard, Oxford, MIT, etc. If the answer to the questions are all NO, then put that ur certificate in your pocket and don't brag around with that foolish first class.

Today , i c students with first class but cannot defend confidently the class because they were not well exposed in the Universities. Lecturer are only interested for students to go and memorise what is in the note, and POUR it for him. If a student should continue that way and at the end graduates, u see that such student will have a good result if possible first class but will not be able to face his mate outside. WHAT AN HUMILIATION!

But i tell u : Nigerians are very brilliant BUT we are not well exposed the way we should be exposed. Imagin a lecturer that is only interested for the student to buy his photocopied textbook and never interested on the academic welfare of the students. In fact , I have a lot to say, but i need to stop here.  You only understand what i am saying, when you interact with students out there. OUR ACADEMIC SYSTEM IS POROUS. Forget certificate, what count is what u have upstairs.

(1) (Reply)

Yaba College Of Technology Admission List / ASUU Strike Is Still On. / Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa 2012/2013 Aspirants, Lets Me Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.