Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

-shadow Of Love- - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / -shadow Of Love- (6394 Views)

Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. / Game Of Love / Temptation ; The Story Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

-shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:46pm On Jan 04, 2014
SHADOW OF LOVE

1 Like

Re: -shadow Of Love- by lovingangel(f): 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
sit booked
Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
lovingangel: sit booked

GRANTED! WELCOME ERE BOSS!
Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
SHADOW OF LOVE

".... I'm short of words about this your C.V, but when you've come with something greater than mine, as the manager of a company, how do you expect me to grant you?" The manager addressed him.

"I beg of you sir, it doesn't matter if I'm given a white collar job, I can work as a gate keeper here..." Alfred replied sadly.

The manager hit his fist on the office table. "This is nonsense, don't put me into trouble, now leave!" He shouted at him.

"No sir, I'm really sorry if I've annoyed you. Any post you fix me in, I'll agree sir.

"This man, is it necessary I call the security men to throw you out? You have a qualification greater than mine, do you want me to loose my job?" He grinned angrily.

"I'm sorry sir, just help me, everything is so tough for me and my family, any job, I'll do it." He stood up.

"Don't let me be mad with you, your qualifications are really greater than mine, if the Boss sees this, he might sack me now!" He exclaimed.

"Okay, just help me then. You can have friends or other people, just assist me." He pleaded.

"You are adamant, so stubborn and foolish. Leave my office now!" The manager stood up.

"Alright sir, I beg your pardon about being foolish and other sorts of abuse, the fact that you aren't helping me doesn't me you should insult me. I'm off." He walked out angrily.

______
Re: -shadow Of Love- by benibank(f): 6:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
Tightens seat belt cool

1 Like

Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
benibank: Tightens seat belt cool

Welcome ere boss, come sit 4 ere..
Re: -shadow Of Love- by lovingangel(f): 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
interesting... following to d end

1 Like

Re: -shadow Of Love- by perfectbeauty(f): 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
smileywow nice

1 Like

Re: -shadow Of Love- by juniorprince16: 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
just do fast and update now now

1 Like

Re: -shadow Of Love- by Nancydearie(f): 9:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
T-Dan, u are da best. May GOD continue to inspire u.*Following u bumper to bumper*

1 Like

Re: -shadow Of Love- by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
Nice

1 Like

Re: -shadow Of Love- by Hameenat94(f): 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
wow great beginni.seat booked.we d popcorn nd coke na

1 Like

Re: -shadow Of Love- by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hmm.. Loving this.. This promises to be interesting.. I hope it fulfills its potential...

" the face that you aren't helping me " .. It should be "fact"..
Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
LogoDWhiz: Hmm.. Loving this.. This promises to be interesting.. I hope it fulfills its potential...

" the face that you aren't helping me " .. It should be "fact"..

Abi na, me sef just c am.. grin. Noted boss!
Re: -shadow Of Love- by soulminister(m): 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
your story no dey ever finish? nawa o•°°•o

****na back seat I dey go sidon. I don't need all these girls disturbances.**** I fit no comment again until the story finishes *unless* the spirit leads. ™¶ can I get an halleluyah somebody ¶™
Re: -shadow Of Love- by Jhymrod(f): 9:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
Relaxed,following τ̲̅ȍ d end by God's grace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:01pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hmmn....

____

ONE
_____

STARTS TOMORROW.. I RESERVE MA COMMENTS, LOVE U ALL...

@ soul minister, na joblessness jere, so free for now, so I can write stories but when I'm hooked bayi, you guys mayn't see me for a while....
Re: -shadow Of Love- by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
Temitope Daniel:

Abi na, me sef just c am.. grin. Noted boss!
Don't get it twisted.. I'm not yet a boss ooo
Re: -shadow Of Love- by heywhykum(f): 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hmmn... Love that start... Following!
Re: -shadow Of Love- by Emmey15(m): 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
Front seat booked
Re: -shadow Of Love- by Opera240: 5:55am On Jan 05, 2014
Grab my seat, carry am go back! Gud mornig 2 u all
Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:57am On Jan 05, 2014
This is a work of fiction. The characters,
incidents and dialogues are products of the
author's imagination and are not to be
constructed as real. Any resemblance to
actual events or persons, living or dead, is
entirely coincidental.
All right reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted by any means electronic, mechanical, recording, or otherwise stored by any retrieval system of any nature, without the prior written permission of the copyright holder.
©2014

Temitope Daniel.
For more information:
Ðáññÿ~ðêê Konsepts
E-mail: oyadeyiabimbola@yahoo.com
https://m.facebook.com/temitopePage?refid=48
Re: -shadow Of Love- by kkjoy(f): 11:06am On Jan 05, 2014
ride on Dan...
Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
TYPING... I'LL UPDATE B4 3:00PM. THANKS!
Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
ONE.

THE HONDA CRV HALTED AFTER A GREAT SPEED. "Honestly, we've found the right choice." One of the four guys in the car uttered. The driver drove backwards and waited for the couple coming to meet them there.

The four guys were smiling happily. On turning the head to the left they saw them approaching. "Come in Mr and Mrs." Another uttered and opened the door for them. They entered without hesitating.

Mr Yinka walked down stairs angrily, dressed in an ankara attire. "If you know you can't pay my money... Have you guys taken them to the place?"

"Yes sir." They replied.

"Good, you've seen many who used their thumb as a pledge, some used one of their fingers and so on. Whoever borrows from me and fails to pay will be in that serious trouble!" He yelled.

"Y...yes si..r." The men stammered out.

"I'm with thirty thousand out of it sir." One of them said.

"It seems you are unfortunate! I said my complete money. Okay, you think I'm playing? Take him to the field!" He ordered his guys.

"Please sir, I'll get the money today..."

"I'm not merciful when I lend anyone my money, stupid fellow. What of you other ones?"

"Em.. We.." They were glimpsing at one another.

"You all know, the commissioner of police can't even face me, I can kill because of a thousand naira!"

Alfred walked back home, enervated and dirty. He got to the door and tried to open it, the door opened luckily. He walked in surprised, "Cynthia" he called and locked the door.

Cynthia rushed out, dress in a gown and wore her slippers. "Welcome bro Alfred." She smiled.

"Don't welcome me. How many times would I tell you before you know you must lock the door if no one is outside!" He shouted.

"I forgot now. Is that why you're now annoyed?" She smiled and walked up to him. "I'm sorry."

"Its for our benefit now, what do we have in house that someone might just come in and steal. If they steal, its even better what of the safety of you and grandma? Don't put me into trouble oh." He addressed.

"Alright, I've heard." She replied.

"Have you guys eaten?"

"We've not taken anything since morning. Nothing to eat, nothing at all."

"Same here, I was told to come back on Monday."

"Have you been given the job?"

"No, I've been short-listed but till Monday. God help me." He smiled.

"Amen. So what are we eating now? This road has made you dirty again?"

"Abi oh... Maybe we can collect bread from Tope's mum outside." He suggested.

"The ones we collected, we've not paid and you know the kind of person that woman is."

"God will help us. I'll go to her and beg her. At least we can collect that and use water to take it."

"Water? Collect butter now."

"See mouth.. Don't you know the debt is increasing like that?" He smiled.

"I know after that one, till tomorrow." She uttered sadly.

"We should just be thankful to God because we are alive. Some are dead."

"We thank God. Just go there and be fast as possible."

"How's Grandma's health?"

"She's not feeling better oh! I can't lie, her cough is getting worse."

Alfred sighed. "Okay, I don't even know what to do now. I went to my friend's place, he couldn't borrow me anything since I have fourteen thousand I'm to give him, I'm tired of all this!"

"Its not our fault, after how many years where do we know that our parents are? They just vanished that way."

"Let me get the bread." He stood up and went outside.

Kate got out of the car, dressed in a sheer shirt and wore a camisole as her undergarment. She came down with her three friends all smiling and gisting as the walked into the restaurant. "The man also couldn't talk, you girls should know too now." Esther uttered.

"But we aren't serious also, we were playing in his class but all the same he must not talk wherever we are." Linda added

"You guys should keep quiet jurh! That was why I didn't put my seat near you. I hate mathematics and I must know it." Kate shouted.

"That's you, I don't know what is so special about knowing it, have you ever failed it? At least we settle the man now."

"It doesn't matter, we settle him everytime but we don't know anything! Don't let us think because our parents are wealthy, we can just buy everything with money, its wrong." Kate added.

"See, don't prolong this matter Kate. There's nothing one can't buy in this world! Its a matter of buying and selling." Precious uttered.

"You guys want to go and argue inside the restaurant right?" Linda laughed.

"You girls are somehow daft jurh, can you buy joy, happiness and other things?" Kate yelled.

"You..." Precious was interrupted.

"You want to start arguing right? Let's get home or online then we can chat." Linda suggested.

"Better." They walked in.

Re: -shadow Of Love- by Nancydearie(f): 4:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
*Following*
Re: -shadow Of Love- by Khemyte(f): 7:37pm On Jan 05, 2014
A vry captivatin begining. *following*
Re: -shadow Of Love- by perfectbeauty(f): 7:37pm On Jan 05, 2014
Hnnnn nice one T dan
Re: -shadow Of Love- by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
. . .front seat tins. . .
#following#
Re: -shadow Of Love- by aliciacutie(f): 11:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
nice startin keep the good work more update pls.
Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:28am On Jan 06, 2014

Kate got back home, tired. She walked inside the house slowly with her handbag. "Hi mum." She waved and didn't stop walking.

"How are you Kate?"

"I'm good." She replied and left immediately for her room.

"I hope this girl is alright. What's making her run, is she well?" She stood up and followed her. Kate had entered into her room then, got herself into the bathroom to take a cold shower when her mother walked in. "What are you doing there?" She walked to her bed and had a seat.

"I'm bathing mum." She replied.

"Victor called me and asked after you, he said he had been calling you cell phone but you never picked it up."

"Victor called?" She grinned with fear, got her towel and rushed out to pick her phone. "Hope all is well?" Her mother stared at her.

"Never mind mum." She replied and rushed inside the bathroom back, dialing his cell number. She tried his line severally but he didn't pick up. "Is he now angry? I didn't hear when the phone was ringing now!" She uttered sadly.

"What made you run inside the house? Are you that hot?"

"Mum, don't worry. You can leave." She addressed.

"I'm a talkative right?" She smiled.

"No, I can never say that. I just want to be alone."

8:30 PM

¤CLUB HOUSE¤

VICTOR and his friends were seated round a table, drunk. "I don't know why that useless girl didn't pick up my calls, why is she now disturbing me?"

"Wetin do her? She never pick a boss' call? I laugh oh." Dave laughed.

"Maybe she want with the phone then. We should be patient." Daniel added.

"Why must someone drop her phone and leave the place? She added to my anger, that foolish Math lecturer must be dealt with tomorrow, he's a wave!" He shouted.

"Yes now, imagine the foolish test he wrote on the board. He wanted to behave so strict, so he was parading around. Idiot." Dave uttered.

"What should we do to him? That one na the real thing now." Daniel asked.

"Till tomorrow. Let's go and dance with these hot babes." Victor smiled and left his seat to dance.

¤FOLLOWING MORNING¤

Alfred walked out of the room and called Cynthia twice. "Get me my clothes you washed yesterday."

She rushed to the backyard to get the clothes. "Here they are."

"Why are they like this? This trouser doesn't even look as if it was washed." He examined.

"I washed them now, but there was no soap. I washed with water only."

"Huh!" Alfred grinned angrily.

"Yes now. The ten naira soap we've been using since last week finished yesterday morning. I'm sure by the time you return, it would still be dirty."

"You aren't serious. You never told me, I would have collected the soap from Tope's mum." He wore it.

"I thought you won't wear them. What's up for this morning?"

"Only God knows. I forgot to tell you one of the soles of my shoe opened yesterday, that's how I'll still be wearing it."

"Like that?"

"Sure. Take this twenty naira." He gave her and smiled.

"Thanks, at least this will buy two cups of cassava flakes."

"You still dey talk cassava flakes, you no know garri." He laughed.

"Don't mind me, just wanted to behave Behind"

"I see. Take care of grandma." He left with his normal clear bag and brown envelope.

He was on the main road, trekking when he received his friend's call telling him he got him a job, he should quickly come to his company that morning. He hastened his footsteps so as to get there before 9:00 am as he was told.

He was on the way when he saw a policeman with a guy he was holding firmly and shouting at. The man was with a gun, shouting "where are others?"

He smiled and was about passing their side when the policeman and the guy stopped. "This is one of them sir." He uttered.

Alfred grinned. "One of what?"

"So you are also part of them!" The police pulled him.

"Part of who and what?" He shouted.

"Don't behave as if you don't know me. He's the one that do keep whatever we collect from Chibueze."

"Chibu what? Are you alright?" Alfred yelled.

"Shut up! When you get to station, you'll understand.

Suddenly the guy loosed and ran away. The policeman left Alfred and went after him but couldn't catch up with him again. He turned and met Alfred still standing. "Hold it!" He shouted.

"Hold what?" He took to his heels and threw away his shoes.

1 Like

Re: -shadow Of Love- by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:08am On Jan 06, 2014
Another update coming soon... Kinda sick...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blood & Water (A Short Story By Kayode Odusanya) / The Raging Fire! / NIGERIAN Ethan Hunt... By Danny Walker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.