Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Health Workers Condemn Plan To Appoint SGF; Threatens FG With Strike On Monday. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Health Workers Condemn Plan To Appoint SGF; Threatens FG With Strike On Monday. (3023 Views)

Release Kanu Before Monday - MASSOB Threatens FG / Asari Dokubo Threatens Fg And Buhari / Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Workers Condemn Plan To Appoint SGF; Threatens FG With Strike On Monday. by 0key: 5:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
@OKKO
If FG fails to honour MoU, then I'll support indefinite paralysis of hospital activities by NMA embarking on a prolonged strike so that this dichotomy will be looked into and addressed. Then we'll know which group that forms the nucleus of health institution. I respect johesu members but they are overstepping their boundaries.
Re: Health Workers Condemn Plan To Appoint SGF; Threatens FG With Strike On Monday. by docsholz(m): 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
0key: @OKKO
If FG fails to honour MoU, then I'll support indefinite paralysis of hospital activities by NMA embarking on a prolonged strike so that this dichotomy will be looked into and addressed. Then we'll know which group that forms the nucleus of health institution. I respect johesu members but they are overstepping their boundaries.
No mind the guy this is a win win for NMA it's either government implements it or they go on strike and still get it and rest assured they'll have public sympathy with them, this johesu guys are being played and they're falling for it, although he's right about the consultants they're hardly ever around and it's even affecting residency training
Re: Health Workers Condemn Plan To Appoint SGF; Threatens FG With Strike On Monday. by dBard: 6:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
OKKO: @ Doc Sholz: Eyaaah! Poor NMA, they have the interest of Nigerians at heart, but NRD just came back from strike nah.
After JOHESU meeting on Monday their MOU with FG go get K-leg.

@Dr OBD: you may research to find that the developed nations segregate and pay their health worker in terms of hours spent on patients irrespective of your professional alignment in the sector.
They are surgeons, nurses, physiotherapists, dentists etc not physicians.
Consultant physicians in Nigerian comes to work at average of 2days per week, do 3 for 4hrs ward round or clinic and go to their private clinic, telling residents to call whenever any thing serious comes up.
A DPT spends average of 1 to 2hrs to see a single patient.

Do physiotherapists run clinics everyday??
Don't nurses run at least 3 shifts per day?
Do Drs get day offs, public hols etc in their rosters??
How many times do CNOs come to work??
Can u honestly compare Drs hours to nurses??

Your point exactly is
Re: Health Workers Condemn Plan To Appoint SGF; Threatens FG With Strike On Monday. by DrOBD(m): 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
dBard:

Do physiotherapists run clinics everyday??
Don't nurses run at least 3 shifts per day?
Do Drs get day offs, public hols etc in their rosters??
How many times do CNOs come to work??
Can u honestly compare Drs hours to nurses??

Your point exactly is

Exactly bro.
Other professionals can go to the hospitals and request for call duty roaster so they can compare with other health workers. They run shift and most times, they don't do anything. So in terms of work, the doctors still work more.
By the way, they all have laboratory technicians, pharmacy technicians, etc that help them out, so they more or less supervise, compared with medical doctors.
Re: Health Workers Condemn Plan To Appoint SGF; Threatens FG With Strike On Monday. by OKKO(m): 1:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
@ d bard: Just mention any Physiotherapy department you know in Nigeria that do not run clinic daily and you win the argument.
Clinics physicians run is to ask for new complaints if not: the drugs is repeated in the folder and prescription sheet U go and buy!
For surgeons they operate at least once a week rarely do you see any team operating twice per week in any tertiary hospital else they are on call.
Physios do not run shift ask any body. Nurses job is more stressful of them all: your time can not even Nurse your sister not to talk of chronic debilitating ill strangers.
Re: Health Workers Condemn Plan To Appoint SGF; Threatens FG With Strike On Monday. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
OKKO: @ d bard: Just mention any Physiotherapy department you know in Nigeria that do not run clinic daily and you win the argument.
Clinics physicians run is to ask for new complaints if not: the drugs is repeated in the folder and prescription sheet U go and buy!
For surgeons they operate at least once a week rarely do you see any team operating twice per week in any tertiary hospital else they are on call.
Physios do not run shift ask any body. Nurses job is more stressful of them all: your time can not even Nurse your sister not to talk of chronic debilitating ill strangers.
what are you actually driving at...you just rotating around yourself without any reasonable point. Suck it up men...instead of all these lies why dont you pick up pen and books, back to school and study medicine. i pray one day your medicical doctor kid will come across all these your lies and blackmail. Am quite sure he or she'll be so proud of ya!
Re: Health Workers Condemn Plan To Appoint SGF; Threatens FG With Strike On Monday. by dBard: 10:11am On Jan 07, 2014
OKKO: @ d bard: Just mention any Physiotherapy department you know in Nigeria that do not run clinic daily and you win the argument.

BMSH. UPTH as well I think.
All physicians do is ask for nu complaints ?? Do U know how Blatantly Ignorant u sound ?? I won't even justify that statement with an answer.
The only advice I will give to u is to, one day, run a theatre session wit a surgeon n see how 'Easy' d work is.
If u don't know..Nurses these days do not do more than taking vital signs, administering drugs (mostly oral sef cos d I.v's r a Drs duty) n making sure d patient is comfy..not taking anything away from them..anything more than that n d Drs on call r called.
Do u want t compare d hours ?? A typical Dr shift is from 8 to 4 minus call duties n emergencies..no day offs. Nurses run shifts wit day offs , public hols etc..same wit All d oda health workers. Tell me, if d pay is according to work hours who will get more, much more?
Drs do a lot more than they're appreciated for.
Ask d wives of Drs n maybe you'll 've an inkling of wat they go thru instead of coming t display ur ignorance.

Bottom line.. A Dr has enuff knowledge to play d role /work in d capacity of everyother health worker. How many physiotherapists or nurse can accurately diagnose any ailment outside their limited scope.??

Drs have and WILL Always be d head of a medical team if u don't like it, am sure there is a lagoon or transformer nearby, u can do d needful.
Peace cool

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Condemn Plan To Appoint SGF; Threatens FG With Strike On Monday. by phantom(m): 10:55am On Jan 07, 2014
dBard:

BMSH. UPTH as well I think.
All physicians do is ask for nu complaints ?? Do U know how Blatantly Ignorant u sound ?? I won't even justify that statement with an answer.
The only advice I will give to u is to, one day, run a theatre session wit a surgeon n see how 'Easy' d work is.
If u don't know..Nurses these days do not do more than taking vital signs, administering drugs (mostly oral sef cos d I.v's r a Drs duty) n making sure d patient is comfy..not taking anything away from them..anything more than that n d Drs on call r called.
Do u want t compare d hours ?? A typical Dr shift is from 8 to 4 minus call duties n emergencies..no day offs. Nurses run shifts wit day offs , public hols etc..same wit All d oda health workers. Tell me, if d pay is according to work hours who will get more, much more?
Drs do a lot more than they're appreciated for.
Ask d wives of Drs n maybe you'll 've an inkling of wat they go thru instead of coming t display ur ignorance.

Bottom line.. A Dr has enuff knowledge to play d role /work in d capacity of everyother health worker. How many physiotherapists or nurse can accurately diagnose any ailment outside their limited scope.??

Drs have and WILL Always be d head of a medical team if u don't like it, am sure there is a lagoon or transformer nearby, u can do d needful.
Peace cool
D......leave these people.you go tire!!!! make dem strike make we see. they are insisting on seeing jonathan and nobody else. grin grin grin grin. lets see how far.everey single issue that concerns the doctor,they must put head.let em just go ahead and embarass themselves.we are watching

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers Condemn Plan To Appoint SGF; Threatens FG With Strike On Monday. by dBard: 8:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
phantom: D......leave these people.you go tire!!!! make dem strike make we see. they are insisting on seeing jonathan and nobody else. grin grin grin grin. lets see how far.everey single issue that concerns the doctor,they must put head.let em just go ahead and embarass themselves.we are watching

It's a showdown they want, then they sure gonna get it.
JAMB forms r still on sale f dse who care

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akpabio On Rampage: Plots Jonathan's Impeachment, Invites Tambuwal To Aks To Fin / Tonye Barcanista Is The Fake Barcanista. The Real Barcanista Is Gone / If This Happens Nigeria Will Breake Up, Chigaemezu Warned.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.