Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Differentiating Between Fake And Real Smiles - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Differentiating Between Fake And Real Smiles (796 Views)

Killer Insect SOS Alert Is Fake And Not Real / Differentiating Between Typhoid And Malaria Fever / Asthma Complete Cure And Real Medicine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Differentiating Between Fake And Real Smiles by bigt2(m): 11:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
Whenever we smile, there are 2 potential muscles we activate. The first one is the zygomaticus major and it controls the corners of your mouth. Whenever this muscle only is activated, it’s not actually a genuine smile. Scientists call this also the “social” smile. The second muscle, known to show sincerity is the obicularis occuli and it encircles our eye socket.
The true smile also called the duchenne smile, named after the famous scientist who first separated the “mouth corners”-only smile, from the “eye socket” one. Here is a comparison (attached):

Re: Differentiating Between Fake And Real Smiles by Nobody: 12:51am On Jan 05, 2014
I smile with raised eyebrows.... REAL!
Re: Differentiating Between Fake And Real Smiles by castielo(m): 6:29am On Jan 05, 2014
martha: I smile with raised eyebrows.... REAL!
I can still fake a smile wit a raised eyebrow undecided
Re: Differentiating Between Fake And Real Smiles by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 05, 2014
castielo:
That's you
Re: Differentiating Between Fake And Real Smiles by bigt2(m): 4:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
castielo:
That means u r wicked! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Ebola Clinic Is Looted In Liberian Capital's Largest Slum / Ebola Detection Android Application, Helps Prevent EVD Too. / Oh Lord Save Me From The Mosquitoes Of Magodo GRA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.