Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,717 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Tecno Phones Is A Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phones Is A Scam (2308 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? / Please Which Of This Tecno Phones Is The Best / The List Of Tecno Phones That Would Have BBM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Akby(m): 8:38am On Jan 05, 2014
For the past few months, they had been various stories on here about Tecno phones - its durability, functionality, reliability etc. Let me share my experience about the TECNO phone I bought yesterday.
It was a bright sunny day when I took a walk down to computer village to buy a Tecno P5 for 17,500. I was told the price is high due to the yuletide season and scarcity of the phone so I bought not minding the odds. Being a new phone, I didn't even open and test it there because the word 'brand new' means authentic and a working phone. On getting home, I gave it to my Dad cos he's the owner so we launched it. First I inserted the two sim card and on powering the phone, only sim 2 is working sim 1 is not. As an IT boy, I did everything possible with no result so I packed the phone to return to the seller. It was some minutes pass 6 so I was told computer village has closed till the next morning.
Being a phone that carries warranty I didn't even bother myself because they're going to do something about it. The next day I went to computer village to find a solution. I explained everything and the lady tested the phone to confirm thesame problem. So what do we do now? She told me there's nothing she can do unless I take the phone to Tecno office for repair. Repairing a new phone? That sounded like a bang on my head. So I went to Tecno office within computer village to report my case. The lady was like fine no engineer is around that if I drop my phone, I would have to come back Jan 24th to pick it. At this point I was like what is the meaning of all this rubbish? I even said I just bought the phone and she was like there's nothing she could do.
With this anger I went back to the store I bought the phone. Oga is either u return my money (cos I'm still with your receipt), change my phone or I involve police. She was blabbing and started shouting that she can't even change it that it's not her fault that I should go and meet 'Tecno people' I paid cash to you and not the Tecno office. We argued and shouted for almost 2hours with no result. At this point I was like why on earth am I buying a Tecno phone because I've never used it before and with this incident, I WILL NEVER USE A TECNO PHONE
To cut the long story short, my dad can never believe that the phone wasn't changed so the final agreement is that they are going to change it for me if only I'm going to pay an extra 1,500 on the Tecno phone. I shouted and shouted to the extent that people started begging me to calm, comply and go. At this point I had no option than to drop an extra money just to have my phone changed even with the warranty on it.
I consider it a pain in the butt buying a TECNO phone...

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by physise(m): 8:43am On Jan 05, 2014
sorry o
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Akby(m): 8:50am On Jan 05, 2014
physise: sorry o

Thanks sad
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Hotdiamond(m): 8:50am On Jan 05, 2014
physise: sorry o
ok
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by sammieguze(m): 8:52am On Jan 05, 2014
Eeya... Sorry o. U suppose test am well bfr leaving. You are lucky dem no give u paki fone sef
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by sammieguze(m): 8:52am On Jan 05, 2014
Eeya... Sorry o. U suppose test am well bfr leaving. You are lucky dem no give u paki fone sef. Lesson for anoda day
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 05, 2014
Akby: For the past few months, they had been various stories on here about Tecno phones - its durability, functionality, reliability etc. Let me share my experience about the TECNO phone I bought yesterday.
It was a bright sunny day when I took a walk down to computer village to buy a Tecno P5 for 17,500. I was told the price is high due to the yuletide season and scarcity of the phone so I bought not minding the odds. Being a new phone, I didn't even open and test it there because the word 'brand new' means authentic and a working phone. On getting home, I gave it to my Dad cos he's the owner so we launched it. First I inserted the two sim card and on powering the phone, only sim 2 is working sim 1 is not. As an IT boy, I did everything possible with no result so I packed the phone to return to the seller. It was some minutes pass 6 so I was told computer village has closed till the next morning.
Being a phone that carries warranty I didn't even bother myself because they're going to do something about it. The next day I went to computer village to find a solution. I explained everything and the lady tested the phone to confirm thesame problem. So what do we do now? She told me there's nothing she can do unless I take the phone to Tecno office for repair. Repairing a new phone? That sounded like a bang on my head. So I went to Tecno office within computer village to report my case. The lady was like fine no engineer is around that if I drop my phone, I would have to come back Jan 24th to pick it. At this point I was like what is the meaning of all this rubbish? I even said I just bought the phone and she was like there's nothing she could do.
With this anger I went back to the store I bought the phone. Oga is either u return my money (cos I'm still with your receipt), change my phone or I involve police. She was blabbing and started shouting that she can't even change it that it's not her fault that I should go and meet 'Tecno people' I paid cash to you and not the Tecno office. We argued and shouted for almost 2hours with no result. At this point I was like why on earth am I buying a Tecno phone because I've never used it before and with this incident, I WILL NEVER USE A TECNO PHONE
To cut the long story short, my dad can never believe that the phone wasn't changed so the final agreement is that they are going to change it for me if only I'm going to pay an extra 1,500 on the Tecno phone. I shouted and shouted to the extent that people started begging me to calm, comply and go. At this point I had no option than to drop an extra money just to have my phone changed even with the warranty on it.

Sheybi na you dey find cheap thing. ....
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 05, 2014
@OP

U generalized yo view on Branding Tecno Phones as Scam..

I've seen situations whereby phone sellers swap phones inside a new phone-pack and sell it to buyers.. Once u don't check it, u'll go home with it and if u find out and come back asking for another, they'll tell u to add more money to get a new one.. That's the strategy these market guys use..

Whenever u buy a new phone, insert ur sim, make a phone call and test memory card slot to ensure that everything is working.. After that, u can now go home and be assured of buying a correct phone..

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by bastien: 10:02am On Jan 05, 2014
ibot_jaycob:

Sheybi na you dey find cheap thing. ....
what d moral lesson with wha u said

@OP.....................................pics or e no happencheesy
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by seribroo56(m): 10:03am On Jan 05, 2014
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Hotdiamond(m): 10:05am On Jan 05, 2014
bastien: what d moral lesson with wha u said

@OP.....................................pics or e no happencheesy
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Hotdiamond(m): 10:05am On Jan 05, 2014
[quote author=Hotdiamond][/quote]
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 05, 2014
I cant help but laugh.
Let the truth be told. Even a brand new samsung or iphone or any high end phone can have a factory fault.

The best thing in naija is to test what u buy right infront of the seller and confirm that d basic features work as expected.

Most shops just sell d devices. after buying and there are issues, u are supposed to go to d manufacturers support center to claim warranty( not the shop,cos they will tell u d warranty is from d device manufacturers, not sellers warranty).

So it was actually tecno's fault for not attending to u

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Hotdiamond(m): 10:07am On Jan 05, 2014
tumababa: I cant help but laugh.
Let the truth be told. Even a brand new samsung or iphone or any high end phone can have a factory fault.

The best thing in naija is to test what u buy right infront of the seller and confirm that d basic features work as expected.

Most shops just sell d devices. after buying and there are issues, u are supposed to go to d manufacturers support center to claim warranty( not the shop,cos they will tell u d warranty is from d device manufacturers, not sellers warranty).

So it was actually tecno's fault for not attending to u
this op funny o. lol.
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 05, 2014
sorry bro.. nothing good comes cheap
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Toscoas2(m): 10:41am On Jan 05, 2014
@op am sorry for calling you a fool but I must call you a fool bcoz your dad sees you as a grown up child that was why he sent you but you disappointed him and the whole Nigerian that you went to buy fone and you can't test it.now you call tecno a scam .infact you need to be flogged by your parents.yeye aboki boy.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Akby(m): 10:46am On Jan 05, 2014
Toscoas2: @op am sorry for calling you a fool but I must call you a fool bcoz your dad sees you as a grown up child that was why he sent you but you disappointed him and the whole Nigerian that you went to buy fone and you can't test it.now you call tecno a scam .infact you need to be flogged by your parents.yeye aboki boy.

What makes it a brand new if you can't vouch for what you buying? Calm down and go wee-wee

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by adeoladrg(m): 11:14am On Jan 05, 2014
So the best thing to do is to come to NL to show ur frustration just because it was a tecno. Another reason I'm sure u opened this thread is FP. U got what u deserved sir. Computer Village myt not be d best place to buy a fone and not av problems wif it. Sorry for the money lost. Fones are sold everywhere as I got mine 16500 from a credible dealer. Pls deal with it, the problem is not peculiar to tecno.. Awon haturz!!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by hamedade2000(m): 11:24am On Jan 05, 2014
Akby:

What makes it a brand new if you can't vouch for what you buying? Calm down and go wee-wee
dis dude z kinda dumb o(No harm).even if new...I felt any1 in his right mind wld test wah he z buying expecially in Nigeria. Dey myt as well pack fufu for u as fone.
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 05, 2014
hamedade2000: dis dude z kinda dumb o(No harm).even if new...I felt any1 in his right mind wld test wah he z buying expecially in Nigeria. Dey myt as well pack fufu for u as fone.
what about some brand new stuffs which one is not allowed to open the seal unless paid for...

dont look at this from a nigerian hoodster perspective..

look at it this way, you bought something brand new,,, only to discover it is faulty, you return it to get a refund or a better one, only to be casted out by the dealer... did you also read the part where tecno calcare asked him to pay before they can fix a brand new phone ,, that is supposed to be covered by gurantee or waranty? ?
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by lomprico(m): 11:46am On Jan 05, 2014
Chinko na chinko no matter d packaging!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by zeanslim(m): 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2014
Seriously.. Ur dad is ment to flog u... Why will u buy sumtin without testing it ? I give u 1 *hot-slap* join ...biko go any cry sumwhere else..i.t student indeed
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by johnstar(m): 12:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
na wa o... shitt happens, u go dey disgrace ur self for CV, DEY FOLLOW WOMAN SHOUT.... well, so sori abt dat undecided
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Osrachingy(m): 1:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
Na wa ooo!!! All these campaign against TECNO on Nairaland...as if other phones are perfect!! OP jst accept d fact dt u b mumu cos uv bin duped not by TECNO bt by dt lady wey sell d fufu phone for u.

LAST BULLET!!

GO AND DIE

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by daverebranded(m): 1:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
Something similar happened when I bought a bb for my dad... Blaming tecno is purely sentimental
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Azedplus(m): 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
an I.T boy indeed, u really disgrace the term I.T. buying something in Nigeria without testing and double checking and u r claiming smartness. u need serious flogging for :
1. in fact ,every reasons
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by psalmdave(m): 3:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
WoW,This trend is nw working gradually,If this op's plan of just making frontpage work,i will open a thread of how i bought a tecno phone and the camera Suddenly disappeared on reaching homecheesy and the customer care told me to tongue,i mite stand a chance for frontpage too..

I HOPE THIS THREAD MAKES FPgrin
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Stbillion(m): 6:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
Akby: For the past few months, they had been various stories on here about Tecno phones - its durability, functionality, reliability etc. Let me share my experience about the TECNO phone I bought yesterday.

Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Tuljaking(m): 7:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
gionee agents at work beware
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by flawless911(m): 7:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kk
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
This na real mumu o.... In fact the term brand new should catalyse ur exploring that phone.....
Pls stop spewing rubbish about our beloved Tecno.

If u hate that device that millions of people are appreciating then GO AND GET A LIFE
Re: Tecno Phones Is A Scam by kolidave: 8:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
Dude you gat no point. Cos of one bad experience you termed the whole brand scam. What's scam about what you just narrated now?!!!! A factory problem that could have happened to any brand of phone. If I may ask where did you purchase the phone? Slot? Jumia? Tecno outlet dealers? I'm sure you bought it by one road side show glass unpopular shop in computer village. Haven't you even heard of carlcare? Why didn't you take it there? And didn't you know that you were gonna drop some Cash to get the phone fixed or repaired whether new or not. I've been using a P5 for almost 4months now and I gat no issues same as other people that bought the phone. By the way you were so careless not to have tested the phone there,they shouldn't have changed it for you sef cos the fault might have even occurred from your own carelesness(maybe you dropped the phone or tampered with it).Dude Plz cos you had one bad experience doesn't mean the brand is a scam

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy A9 Is Officially Announced / New Samsung Galaxy S8 Rumours.copied Some Of Iphone 7 Features! (see Details) / Creating A Whatsapp Group With Invitation Link - Simplified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.