Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? (2192 Views)

APC Can Field An Illiterate – PDP / Lagos 2015: Will Igbos Now Support The APGA Candidate? / Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by Onlytruth(m): 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
size38: This new romance btw SS and SE is becoming something else oo. But for sure, i know this romance will end wit GEJ's administration. because majority of south-south will not support Igbo presidency. For all I know, Igbos are only giving their support to an Ijaw man and not south-south. A typical Ijaw man won't want an Igbo man anywhere near him/her. Even right here in Niger Delta, we how the Ijaws behaves to other Ijaws like the Kalabaris, okirika etc so d Igbos should be wise

If you believe that Igbo is backing GEJ because he is Ijaw, then you are wrong; don't expect me to break sweat schooling you on this.
We are supporting him because he is "the best" for now -he has achieved more than other past civilian presidents in this republic.
We want the best for Nigeria.
Of course I would be lying if I say that our geopolitical interest is not part of our calculus. Duh! undecided
But those interests are not threatened by Ijaw or any other group in the "SS". It was protected to a certain extent even under Yar adua.
Obasanjo wanted to do more harm to Igbo, but he found out that he couldn't. Igbo are a major ethnic group in Nigeria. Only fools and kids don't understands that.

If APC fields a CREDIBLE Igbo politician, it may be difficult for GEJ to continue to hold majority of Igbo votes.

8 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by ikeyman00(m): 12:04am On Jan 06, 2014
@@@@

the truth is time has ran out

onlytruth the earlier u get it the better

we are headin to Biafra!

u get it shocked
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by Onlytruth(m): 12:17am On Jan 06, 2014
ikeyman00: @@@@

the truth is time has ran out

onlytruth the earlier u get it the better

we are headin to Biafra!

u get it shocked

Unless I see certain Igbo politicians openly call for Biafra like some of Northern people have called for power to return to the North or hell would break loose, I will continue to hold out hope that Nigeria can hold together and work for everybody.

I have grown over the last few years to only say things I know is plausible.

Let me just say this:
If you give me a FULLY functioning Nigeria, and a FULLY functioning Biafra, going by what I know now, I would take a fully functioning Nigeria.
Biafra, to me, only becomes the accepted option after Nigeria has failed.
Ojukwu towed the same line of thought. He declared Biafra after exhausting all reasonable efforts to save Nigeria.
After his exile, he returned to Nigeria and became a full Nigerian again, even up to the extent of running for presidential office - Nigerian presidential office.
When he died, he was given a Nigerian national burial because everyone in the know knew that he was a reluctant rebel.

Something in me tells me that Nigeria has a bright future.

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by citizenY(m): 12:52am On Jan 06, 2014
@onlytruth

So we have all the while beem preaching to the converted?
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by ikeyman00(m): 12:52am On Jan 06, 2014
Unless I see certain Igbo politicians openly call for Biafra like some of Northern people have called for power to return to the North or hell would break loose, I will continue to hold out hope that Nigeria can hold together and work for everybody.

Let me just say this:
If you give me a FULLY functioning Nigeria, and a FULLY functioning Biafra, going by what I know now, I would take a fully functioning Nigeria.
Ojukwu towed the same line of thought. He declared Biafra after exhausting all reasonable efforts to save Nigeria.
After his exile, he returned to Nigeria and became a full Nigerian again, even up to the extent of running for presidential office - Nigerian presidential office.
When he died, he was given a Nigerian national burial because everyone in the know knew that he was a reluctant rebel.

man i thought u are clever than that; shocked wat are u on about; i am a strong believer of Nigeria but my man u got to look in the bigger picture cuz time is running out

Nigeria has fail and fail and fail and still failing; i can only afford to address quote on bold; if u are waiting for Igbo looticians to call for Biafra it is not gona happen. And for the northern boko lootican; u think they care about the north; now take a look at Ibb Atiku; abubaka and co living large while their boko follow follow are living in hell; a common mosquito bite get treated oversea. my man u got to be real; on the other side u have people still believe it ok to ssshag a 7 yrs old etc in the country governing u

Nigeria is failing and has been so; so my man this is not working; do u really believe the north and oduduwa are happy about the Enugu airport hmmmm get real my man time is running out; why did they change biafra land to bonny land in the creek in 1945; my man wake up and smell the coffee

why are they so mad at oga jon; maybe there is something we the people dnt know

the more u understand Biafra; then u understand the reason the white people killed it at the start; Biafra is more than a country; this is the only resolution to all the suffering black world and the earlier u get it the better

As nl have it to start with; u onlytruth have seen a Biafra who built helicopter from a scratch; there are lots nl witness and more to come; we are special breed the white world will always love to hate to protect their scripts. But we Biafra have decided this is the time to stand up and there is no going back; This will be swim to finish! gbam u heard !

Imagine with serious and adequate support mountain will be moved

Obama said in Ghana it is only the Africans that will liberate themsevles not the Igbo looticians my man

enuff said!

3 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by manny4life(m): 1:37am On Jan 06, 2014
idumuose:
That is interesting.But I konw Apc does not have igbos in their agenda.
They don't need the igbos to win the presidential election.

Apparently with the current mix of politicians moving into APC, I can see them winning...LMAO
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by Obiagu1(m): 4:07am On Jan 06, 2014
The only thing that can challenge GEJ's SE support is a 'credible' Igbo presidential candidate in a 'major' political party.
They key words here are credible and major.
Anything outside of this will not even take away 1% of GEJ's support.
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by Obiagu1(m): 4:10am On Jan 06, 2014
TribalEAST: ibos have sold their birthright to the ijaws, a minority group. Look at the above poster denying his father just cos he wants jonathan to give his red cap chiefs crumbs.

No, his statement didn't mean we've sold our birthright rather it is a testament to the fact the Igbo is beyond tribal when it comes to politics.

3 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by nduchucks: 4:21am On Jan 06, 2014
Onlytruth:
Let me just say this:

That's my guy, right there!!!

Insha Allah, our Nigeria's future will be bright.
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by idumuose(m): 9:20am On Jan 06, 2014
Onlytruth:

Let me just say this:

Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by pazienza(m): 10:03am On Jan 06, 2014
noblezone:

It seems they have scraped the topic called "comprehension" from the English Language, else it beats my imagination how you deduced that I am denying my father.

Any Igbo man that will accept to contest against Jonathat at this period of history making in this fraud called Nigeria is on his own, and that includes my father. That I wont vote him does not in anyway mean denying him.

As for selling our "birth right" to Ijaw, we are not the first. After all the Yorubas have just sold their conscience, birh right, future and pride to the Hausa Fulani.

As for crumbs, sorry to burst your people! We don't need any crumbs from him, it os only political wisdom for the peoples of the SS and SE not betray Jonathan. Whosever does so, is an enemy and will facce the music when the time comes.

Thank you.

Any Igboman coming out to contest with GEJ at this point in history, is mad, and should be treated as such by all sensible Igbos.
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:06am On Jan 06, 2014
noblezone: I will vote for Jonathan , even if my father becomes the APC flag bearer.
. Why? Because you think ur dad us even more incompetent than Mr.Incompetent himself, or because you just hate the Regions and Tribes you think are behind the party?
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by idumuose(m): 11:37am On Jan 06, 2014
I am yet to see an alternative to GEJ.As it is their custom APC will
choose ttheir presidential candidate from PDP if they do not field
Buhari.
Tambuwal is no match for GEJ.
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by Pataki: 11:50am On Jan 06, 2014
noblezone: I will vote for Jonathan , even if my father becomes the APC flag bearer.

Having siad that, I want you to know that the only thing that can keep the APC union together is an Hausa/Fulani Presidential candidate and a Yoruba Vice. So stop dreaming.

Your father must truly be worse off than this Jonathan.....lmao!

It sure does give clarity to your person and upbringing.
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pataki:

Your father must truly be worse off than this Jonathan.....lmao!

It sure does give clarity to your person and upbringing.

unfortunately, it is not about the person of my father, nor the person of Jonathan!

It is about the fraud called Nigeria!
It is necessary for the SS/SE to close ranks and win the battle for our survival in Nigeria.
If for any reason the injustice continues, then we must close ranks and pull out of Nigeria and then set up our separate countries of Biafra and Niger Delta Republic.

This a country where a child who scored 69% in an entrance exam was denied admission while the one that 1% was offered.

For your info, the oil licenses is expiring this year. And everything will be in the open.
This a country where an Emir from kano is controlling oil wells in Imo State.

We know what is going on! Jonathan is performing far more than they all but they want to wresttle power at all cost because he has blocked free money.

I repeat, anybody from SE/SS who opposes Jonathan is an enemy of our peoples and such trators will face the music when the time comes. We shopwed Ngige our true colours, it will soon be the turn of Rochas. If the SS people cannot tame Amechi and his likes, that is their business.

Bros, from the National Conference, it wont be business as usual.

And if you think you know my person, then cheers!
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
Onlytruth:

Let me just say this:

The worst mistake any of you will make is to have hope for a functional Nigeria!
Even if the others are ready to reform and conform, I can assure that the Jihardists will never change.

The sooner you get this truth, the better for us in Biafraland.
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
Obiagu1:

No, his statement didn't mean we've sold our birthright rather it is a testament to the fact the Igbo is beyond tribal when it comes to politics.

Nna, even if we have sold, are we the first?

have not the Yoruba's sold their birth right to the Hausa Fulani?
The APC is a platform where the Hausa/Fulani has bought the Yoruba's so that they will attempt once more to conquer us and take over our lands.

Imagine where a man from the North owns an oil well in Imo State, while the owners of the land are being slaughtered in Borno in the name of one Nigeria.
It is annoying when I see SE people that are so myopic that they cant see the hand writing on the wall.
We must support Jonathan for now!
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by idumuose(m): 12:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
noblezone:

Nna, even if have sold, our we the first?

The APC is a platform where the Hausa/Fulani has bought the Yoruba's so that they will attempt once more to conquer us and take over our lands.

Imagine where a man from the North owns an oil well in Imo State, while the owners of the land are being slaughtered in Borno in the name of one Nigeria.
It is annoying when I see SE people that are so myopic that they cant see the hand writing on the wall.
In the absence of any credible candidate I will vote Jonathan.
If some people do not like what I said,well,I will advise they proceed
on exile.
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by idumuose(m): 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
ndu_chucks:

That's my guy, right there!!!

Insha Allah, our Nigeria's future will be bright.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by idumuose(m): 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2014

Having siad that, I want you to know that the only thing that can keep the APC union together is an Hausa/Fulani Presidential candidate and a Yoruba Vice. So stop dreaming.
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 07, 2014
aventura: This is not actually my style, but come to think of it, If the APC fields an Igbo man as President, it would really divide if not absorb the entire SE votes. Then we would have something like:
SE,SW,NE as soilid grounds while they go around shopping for votes in NW, NC. This is strategic thinking.

2015 is definately the bone of contention.

Unless APC resurrects Ojukwu and field him, I (and most igbos) will never vote for that tribal "not-me-not-good" contraption

Only a trusted Igbo leader can split Igbos votes and not the likes of okorocha, amaechi that are in APC today. You saw what happened to Ngige.
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by idumuose(m): 11:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
TribalEAST: ibos have sold their birthright to the ijaws, a minority group. Look at the above poster denying his father just cos he wants jonathan to give his red cap chiefs crumbs.
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 07, 2014
noblezone:

Nna, even if we have sold, are we the first?

you are right brother
onlytruth is very wrong on that view
these people will never change
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
Onlytruth:

Let me just say this:

but bros when have you ever seen nigeria function?
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by OlayinkaKazeem: 11:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
Should an Igbo man (sorry, BIAFRAN) have a respectable presidential candidate that all tribes like and respect, the Igbos will drop Jonathan like a bad habit. I bet everything I have on that.
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by Ikengawo: 12:06am On Jan 08, 2014
Jonathan ran against Igbos in 2011. Igbos like GEJ's character and the fact that God has guided him from grass to grace. Igbos believe in supporting a man who is being guided to success by the hands of God instead of being jealous. More over, GEJ has done what Igbos want as citizens in Nigeria. Privatized power, eliminated northern oligarchic control of the country, internatonalized Enugu airport, and most importantly banning imports of industrial products that Nigerians produce. He has shown igbo land respect by frequently visiting and working diligently to modernize Nigeria.

Don't forget that the Ijaw and Igbo are bitter enemies. This has nothing to do with tribe. Ijaws and Igbos have more real and living tensions than Igbos and Yorubas and Igbos are the only ethnic group that have supported others from other groups if we felt that person was the right man for the job, from OBJ, to Yar Adua and now GEJ.

APC fielding an igbo will be the end of APC because APC was created to destroy Igbo progress and growth in Nigeria.
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by bashydemy(m): 12:10am On Jan 08, 2014
The only Candidates that can win 2015 for APC are Hausa/Yoruba or Hausa/Ibo as President/Vice President. If APC field an Igbo Candidate, Its gonna be a clean win for GEJ cos the ibo will not vote for him, If i lie go check record of Ojukwu when he contest for President.
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by OlayinkaKazeem: 12:17am On Jan 08, 2014
noblezone:

unfortunately, it is not about the person of my father, nor the person of Jonathan!

It is about the fraud called Nigeria!
It is necessary for the SS/SE to close ranks and win the battle for our survival in Nigeria.
If for any reason the injustice continues, then we must close ranks and pull out of Nigeria and then set up our separate countries of Biafra and Niger Delta Republic.

This a country where a child who scored 69% in an entrance exam was denied admission while the one that 1% was offered.

For your info, the oil licenses is expiring this year. And everything will be in the open.
This a country where an Emir from kano is controlling oil wells in Imo State.

We know what is going on! Jonathan is performing far more than they all but they want to wresttle power at all cost because he has blocked free money.

I repeat, anybody from SE/SS who opposes Jonathan is an enemy of our peoples and such trators will face the music when the time comes. We shopwed Ngige our true colours, it will soon be the turn of Rochas. If the SS people cannot tame Amechi and his likes, that is their business.

Bros, from the National Conference, it wont be business as usual.

And if you think you know my person, then cheers!

Then let the SE/SS stand up tO Nigeria in real life not on the Internet. I never thought the SS would join up with filth like the Igbo. What accursed group. It's all well and good preaching on Nairaland but I'm yet to see any action
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by autoKay: 6:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
Gej will sweep 95% votes in SE/SS. Amechi and Okorocha cannot stop him.
He'll also win the NC and pick some votes in other zones.
Remember, igbos have very huge population in every part of the Country.
2015 is sure for Jonathan. He has state funds, U know?
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by ijawcitizen(m): 8:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
Ikengawo: Jonathan ran against Igbos in 2011. Igbos like GEJ's character and the fact that God has guided him from grass to grace. Igbos believe in supporting a man who is being guided to success by the hands of God instead of being jealous. More over, GEJ has done what Igbos want as citizens in Nigeria. Privatized power, eliminated northern oligarchic control of the country, internatonalized Enugu airport, and most importantly banning imports of industrial products that Nigerians produce. He has shown igbo land respect by frequently visiting and working diligently to modernize Nigeria.

Don't forget that the Ijaw and Igbo are bitter enemies. This has nothing to do with tribe. Ijaws and Igbos have more real and living tensions than Igbos and Yorubas and Igbos are the only ethnic group that have supported others from other groups if we felt that person was the right man for the job, from OBJ, to Yar Adua and now GEJ.

APC fielding an igbo will be the end of APC because APC was created to destroy Igbo progress and growth in Nigeria.
Bolded is coming from an Igbo extremist. But when I write something similar, the same Igbos say "Ijaw citizen is a Yoruba pretending to be Ijaw who is set out to destroy the "LOVE" btw Igbos & SS".
What more can I say, A man can never be smarter than his shadows. More revelations on the way.
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by maasoap(m): 10:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
Raggedy_Ann:

His meaning: this isn't about sentiment but about merit.
What good would it do the country if I were to vote my father, out of sentiment, when I'm convinced someone else is better qualified? Isn't that the sort of ethnic bias we've all been discouraging?

It is good to know from you that your father lacks merits. Thanks for the info.
Re: Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? by idumuose(m): 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
APC is just here to grab power that's all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan "Shehu Shagari" / See Clear Winner Of Naij.com's Ongoing Online Presidential Poll / The Return Of Tribalism To Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.