Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,205 members, 7,867,504 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:12 PM

Suspended Coffee - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Suspended Coffee (369 Views)

Rccg Pastor Suspended For Inviting Pasuma As Guest Artist To 3-day Crusade / Check Out This Fountain, With Amazing Suspended Water Tap / 14 Things About Coffee You Didn’t Know Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Suspended Coffee by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
Hello everyone, I came across this story today and I thought I should share. Mods, pls help move to the appropriate section. Thanks

"We enter a little coffeehouse with a friend of mine and give our order. While we’re approaching our table two people come in and they go to the counter:

‘Five coffees, please. Two of them for us and three suspended’ They pay for their order, take the two and leave.

I ask my friend: “What are those ‘suspended’ coffees?”
My friend: “Wait for it and you will see.”

Some more people enter. Two girls ask for one coffee each, pay and go. The next order was for seven coffees and it was made by three lawyers - three for them and four ‘suspended’. While I still wonder what’s the deal with those ‘suspended’ coffees I enjoy the sunny weather and the beautiful view towards the square in front of the café. Suddenly a man dressed in shabby clothes who looks like a beggar comes in through the door and kindly asks
‘Do you have any suspended coffee?’

It’s simple - people pay in advance for a coffee meant for someone who can not afford a warm beverage. The tradition with the suspended coffees started in Naples, but it has spread all over the world and in some places you can order not only a suspended coffee, but also a sandwich or a whole meal.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have such cafés or even grocery stores in every town where the less fortunate will find hope and support? If you own a business why don’t you offer it to your clients… I am sure many of them will like it.
Re: Suspended Coffee by Bantino(m): 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
Hhmmmmmm, sounds good..... I like dat

(1) (Reply)

Childhood Fears--darkness / What's Health Supplements - Why Are They Largely Ineffective / Why The Login Notification?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.