Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

5 Reasons Why Mikel Must And Would Win The African Player Of The Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Reasons Why Mikel Must And Would Win The African Player Of The Year (837 Views)

Musa, Enyeama, 23 Others Nominated For African Player Of The Year 2014 / It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year / Why Mikel, Moses And Omeruo Must Move From Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Mikel Must And Would Win The African Player Of The Year by DARREG(m): 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
5 REASONS WHY MIKEL MUST AND WOULD WIN THE AFRICAN PLAYER OF THE YEAR

1. THE WINNER OF THE BBC AFRICAN PLAYER OF THE YEAR DOES NOT ALWAYS WIN THE CAF AFRICAN PLAYER OF THE YEAR.
You can go and check the records almost all the time that a player wins the BBC coveted award the player always miss out of the CAF award.

2. THE REASON WHY OKOCHA WAS ROBBED FOR ETO'O IN 2004 IS THE SAME REASON WHY MIKEL MUST BE AHEAD OF YAYA TOURE IN 2013

Okocha was robbed in 1998 and 2004 but the one of 2004 really caught my fancy. Am not saying that eto'o is not a good player
as a matter of fact eto'o proved himself after he was given the award to lead barcelona to trophies in 2005 and 2006 but the issue
here is about year 2004 go and check the records and note these facts about eto'o in 2004
fact 1: Nigeria knocked cameroon out of the 2004 nations cup with okocha scoring the decisive free kick
fact 2: Okocha single-handedly saved bolton from relegation that even Man utd were bidding for him
fact 3: Eto'o just signed for barcelona and has not really started scoring so much goals for them
fact 4: Barcelona did not win any major trophy in 2004(remember porto won UCL)

The excuse CAF gave was that Eto'o was in a world class club and okocha was in a struggling relegation threatened team
even though Okocha's individual performance clearly surpasses Eto'o for 2004. In 2013 Chelsea won more trophies than Man city
and Mikel's contribution cannot be overemphasised

3. LAGOS, NIGERIA WILL BE THE VENUE
I dont think any place would be best for a Nigerian player to bagg the award than our own center of exellence as you know Naija people no dey carry last.

4. MIKEL'S CLUB AND COUNTRY WERE MORE SUCCESFUL IN 2013
Mikel was the MVP when Nigeria played Ivory Coast and we won the CAN. Chelsea were also more succesful than Man city in 2013.
And Mikel is now scoring beautiful goals

5. THE INCREDIBLE CONSISTENCY OF MIKEL

Since Mourinho's 1st era as manager of chelsea about 8 managers has been to chelsea before his return. And it might interest you to
know that mikel(among the few foreigners to remain until now) has always been a regular for all this managers the likes of Sidwell, Malouda, Deco, Essien,graveson,...(i cant remember again please help me add them) all left chelsea at different times because the manger felt they were suplus to requirement but mikel remained. The only other people that remained are the english boys. this is just to show the irresplacable input of mikel in the chelsea squad.
You can add your own reason to this article and let me know if you agree with my analysis

Re: 5 Reasons Why Mikel Must And Would Win The African Player Of The Year by bastrin(f): 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2014
You are a dreamer. [color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Mikel Must And Would Win The African Player Of The Year by laplace19(m): 6:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
I am a Nigerian and I love Mikel......,but the way Yaya Toure plays in Man City amazes me so much....his telepathic connection with Nasiri,Aguero,etc....Yaya too good

In my own conclusion...Mikel is good,but Yaya is better. That's all
Re: 5 Reasons Why Mikel Must And Would Win The African Player Of The Year by ChiSun27(m): 6:51pm On Jan 05, 2014
Mikel all d way...no mata d statistics...Mikel is winning dis tym arnd.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Mikel Must And Would Win The African Player Of The Year by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
Yaya Toure is a better footballer than Mikel

But Mikel helped Nigerian win Afcon and that should count for something

I think Mikel should take it this time

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Mikel Must And Would Win The African Player Of The Year by adezjamz(m): 7:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
bastrin: You are a dreamer.
[size=30pt]Dreams are meant to come true.[/size]

[size=30pt]I just made your dream of writing in coloured into reality.[/size] grin grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Mikel Must And Would Win The African Player Of The Year by bishophenry(m): 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
op..... u r so on point. i keep saying it.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Mikel Must And Would Win The African Player Of The Year by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
the question is who was better in 2013....stop talking trash
laplace19: I am a Nigerian and I love Mikel......,but the way Yaya Toure plays in Man City amazes me so much....his telepathic connection with Nasiri,Aguero,etc....Yaya too good

In my own conclusion...Mikel is good,but Yaya is better. That's all
Re: 5 Reasons Why Mikel Must And Would Win The African Player Of The Year by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
gawd bless u my broda
mikeansy: Yaya Toure is a better footballer than Mikel

But Mikel helped Nigerian win Afcon and that should count for something

I think Mikel should take it this time
Re: 5 Reasons Why Mikel Must And Would Win The African Player Of The Year by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
mikel has achieved more than yaya in the last two years...he won champoins league, europa league and nations cup...even fa cup
Re: 5 Reasons Why Mikel Must And Would Win The African Player Of The Year by safarigirl(f): 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
Who is Africa's best player? Yaya Toure. Who was Africa's best player in 2013? Mikel Obi. This is common English, how hard is it to comprehend?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Mikel Must And Would Win The African Player Of The Year by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
YOU MUST BE REALLY SMART...BUT ITS UNFORTUNATE DAT YOU ARE NOT CAF GIVN D AWARD
safarigirl: Who is Africa's best player? Yaya Toure. Who was Africa's best player in 2013? Mikel Obi. This is common English, how hard is it to comprehend?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Mikel Must And Would Win The African Player Of The Year by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
So, Yaya Toure is coming to Lagos to take the award? How cruel. Honestly, that'd be so painful to Nigerians.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Mikel Must And Would Win The African Player Of The Year by AbuMikey(m): 5:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
safarigirl: Who is Africa's best player? Yaya Toure. Who was Africa's best player in 2013? Mikel Obi. This is common English, how hard is it to comprehend?

I just tire for them o undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For Online Match Stakers / Crop Of Super Eagles Squad Of 1994 Should Apologise To Yekini Even In Death! / Oboabona: ‘how My World Cup Ended In 30 Minutes!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.