Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Spaniard Begs EFCC, IGP To Probe Alleged N3.6bn Contract Fraud In Imo (APC) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Spaniard Begs EFCC, IGP To Probe Alleged N3.6bn Contract Fraud In Imo (APC) (564 Views)

Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns / Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 / Okorocha Picks Imo APC Governorship Ticket After Losing Presidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spaniard Begs EFCC, IGP To Probe Alleged N3.6bn Contract Fraud In Imo (APC) by gratiaeo(m): 10:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
BY Ikechukwu Nnochiri
ABUJA—A Spanish contractor,
Mr. Jose Lopez-Pepe, has
petitioned the Economic and
Financial Crimes Commission,
EFCC, urging it to probe alleged
1.6 million Euro(3.6bn)
contract fraud in Imo State.
Specifically, Lopez-Pepe alleged
that his Nigerian partner, one
Benjamin Emenike, connived
with some commissioners in
Imo State to divert the contract
funds.
In the petition filed through his
lawyer, Abiodun Oduwole, a
copy of which he equally sent to
the Inspector General of Police,
IGP, Mohammed Abubakar, the
Spaniard, alleged that while he
travelled abroad to procure
technical drawings and other
equipment for the contract
valued at about N3.6 billion,
Emenike, who is the Managing
Director of a company,
Hormipresa Nigeria Ltd,
collected part payment for the
project and bought several
exotic cars.
Insisting that he never received
the payment by the state
government for the job, the
contractor begged the IGP and
the anti-graft agency to
investigate his Nigerian partner
and some officials of Imo State
government and make them
account for the project funds.
It will be recalled that Mr
Lopez-Pepe, who is the manager
of New International FPS SL,
was earlier arrested by the
police over allegation of
defrauding Imo State
government by collecting funds
to execute a contract but failed
to deliver.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/spaniard-begs-efcc-igp-probe-alleged-n3-6bn-contract-fraud-imo/
Re: Spaniard Begs EFCC, IGP To Probe Alleged N3.6bn Contract Fraud In Imo (APC) by gratiaeo(m): 11:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
Everything about APC is fraud
sunborn yacht fraud
Lekki Epe Expressway
scam
Lekki Airport fraud
Lekki Free Trade zone fraud
light rail fraud
Opom Imo fraud. Endless
Re: Spaniard Begs EFCC, IGP To Probe Alleged N3.6bn Contract Fraud In Imo (APC) by kingsmecca(m): 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
Corruption and Greed are at work again in my State (Imo State), during the festive season I was in my community there's thing good to write about her, I couldn't found any Health Centre, no Electricity, no bole-hole, no good roads etc. An Oil and Gas Producing community...no single Government or NDDC Project, I called them Rulers not LEADERS they are there for their selfish interest. Please come to our aid...the people of Assah Community Ohaji-Egbema need to feel the presence of Government for we are not in another planet.
Re: Spaniard Begs EFCC, IGP To Probe Alleged N3.6bn Contract Fraud In Imo (APC) by gratiaeo(m): 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
kingsmecca: Corruption and Greed are at work again in my State (Imo State), during the festive season I was in my community there's thing good to write about her, I couldn't found any Health Centre, no Electricity, no bole-hole, no good roads etc. An Oil and Gas Producing community...no single Government or NDDC Project, I called them Rulers not LEADERS they are there for their selfish interest. Please come to our aid...the people of Assah Community Ohaji-Egbema need to feel the presence of Government for we are not in another planet.
APC rochas have scammed your community
Re: Spaniard Begs EFCC, IGP To Probe Alleged N3.6bn Contract Fraud In Imo (APC) by obailala(m): 2:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
gratiaeo:
APC rochas have scammed your community
How long ago did Rochas join APC that the problem has suddenly been heaped on the head of APC??... Nigerians and our petty political reasonings undecided undecided
Re: Spaniard Begs EFCC, IGP To Probe Alleged N3.6bn Contract Fraud In Imo (APC) by lastmanstandn(m): 2:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
gratiaeo: BY Ikechukwu Nnochiri
ABUJA—A Spanish contractor,
Mr. Jose Lopez-Pepe, has
petitioned the Economic and
Financial Crimes Commission,
EFCC, urging it to probe alleged
1.6 million Euro(3.6bn)
contract fraud in Imo State.
Specifically, Lopez-Pepe alleged
that his Nigerian partner, one
Benjamin Emenike, connived
with some commissioners in
Imo State to divert the contract
funds.
In the petition filed through his
lawyer, Abiodun Oduwole, a
copy of which he equally sent to
the Inspector General of Police,
IGP, Mohammed Abubakar, the
Spaniard, alleged that while he
travelled abroad to procure
technical drawings and other
equipment for the contract
valued at about N3.6 billion,
Emenike, who is the Managing
Director of a company,
Hormipresa Nigeria Ltd,
collected part payment for the
project and bought several
exotic cars.
Insisting that he never received
the payment by the state
government for the job, the
contractor begged the IGP and
the anti-graft agency to
investigate his Nigerian partner
and some officials of Imo State
government and make them
account for the project funds.
It will be recalled that Mr
Lopez-Pepe, who is the manager
of New International FPS SL,
was earlier arrested by the
police over allegation of
defrauding Imo State
government by collecting funds
to execute a contract but failed
to deliver.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/spaniard-begs-efcc-igp-probe-alleged-n3-6bn-contract-fraud-imo/

Oh seriously? lipsrsealed so 1.6 million euros is 3.6bn naira. How much would 1.6million pounds amount to in naira

(1) (Reply)

The Language Of Corruption / Nigeria Are We Heading For Cornocracy ? / Cortana Predict Germany To Beat Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.