Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Mtn Nigeria Scam On Subscribers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Nigeria Scam On Subscribers (970 Views)

How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria / MTN Nigeria Latest Internet Data Bundle With Upto 2.5GB Free Data -mymobnet.com / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Nigeria Scam On Subscribers by WackyJ1(m): 11:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
I was recently on MTN's website because i wanted to get more information about their tarrifs in order o advice my friend who was looking for the best bang for his buck.

Before i migrated to MTN Zone i was on supersaver and back then it was charging 10kobo/s for on-net calls before it was transformed to smooth talk plus without adequate pre information and then MTN started charging 15kobo/s.
Upon reaching their site and clicking on smooth talk plus here
www.mtnonline.com/mtnmobile/content.php?title=MTN%20Smooth%20Talk%20Plus&plid=1924&nid=node/1336

First thing you see is 15kobo/s in bold letters there vut being accustomed to looking for the hidden catch i decided to click on tarrif , i actually saw 20kobo/s
Now why has MTN decided to be so obviously dubious in their dealings with Nigerian customers?
How many people that are already on the smooth talk package know about this change?
How many of them are being charged 20kobo/s unknowingly?
What is NCC doing about this?
Below are the screen shots for those who don't wanna click the link

Re: Mtn Nigeria Scam On Subscribers by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 06, 2014
serious case o
Re: Mtn Nigeria Scam On Subscribers by Elparaiso(m): 4:57am On Jan 06, 2014
that's Nigeria for you
Re: Mtn Nigeria Scam On Subscribers by puskin: 6:41am On Jan 06, 2014
@OP......when did Smooth Talk and Smooth Talk Plus become the same package.
Better get your facts right and stop spreading malicious info..

Smooth Talk Plus is a new variant of the Smooth Talk package........where you can also find the Smooth Talk Classic and the Smooth Talk Zero.

Better do a PC browsing of their site to get a broader view and understanding of the package.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Nigeria Scam On Subscribers by WackyJ1(m): 8:25am On Jan 06, 2014
puskin: @OP......when did Smooth Talk and Smooth Talk Plus become the same package.
Better get your facts right and stop spreading malicious info..

Smooth Talk Plus is a new variant of the Smooth Talk package........where you can also find the Smooth Talk Classic and the Smooth Talk Zero.

Better do a PC browsing of their site to get a broader view and understanding of the package.

Hello Mr MOd, did you click the link i put on that page?

If you had clicked it then you would see what i am talking about and in case you did not notice from the screenshots that i put there, i was browsing their mobile site with an android phone and there was no distinction made in the site between MTN smooth talk and smooth talk plus, when you are on their home page, what you click is Smooth talk plus and what is opened for you is Smooth talk for all the links there. Is that not deception and misdirection?

For someone that is in a hurry and who might not notice the difference what would happen then?

Or you defending a multibillion dollar company for not being able to make their own website accurate?
The company can not properly display their facts but i am the one who should get my facts right for pointing out their discrepancies?

You are even redirecting me to their Desktop page? Are you a CC agent? Because that advice reeked of bias, why will you redirect someone who is pointing put a discrepancy on a site to another version of the site and then term the post malicious?

puskin: where you can also find the Smooth Talk Classic and the Smooth Talk Zero.
Did you even take a look at the second screenshot? /bias/

That is the problem with most Nigerians, being okay with mediocre services, I am sorely disappointed in you

1 Like

Re: Mtn Nigeria Scam On Subscribers by puskin: 9:15am On Jan 06, 2014
No need.
An explanation would be an effort in futility.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Scam On Subscribers by WackyJ1(m): 9:45am On Jan 06, 2014
puskin: No need.
An explanation would be an effort in futility.

If you could explain, you would explain...

If you had concrete logical grounds for disproving my claim, you would have provided it but apparently you do not hence your hiding behind the subtafuge of "effort in futility".
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Free Browsing Help On Android For Mtn Or Airtel / How Can U Preload APK On An Android Phone ? Help Anybody / Mtn Cheap MB Promo Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.