Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Lie Is Lie,whether Told Anonymously Or Openly!verbally Or Written Electronically - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lie Is Lie,whether Told Anonymously Or Openly!verbally Or Written Electronically (396 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? / The Devil’s Greatest Lie Is Once Saved Always Saved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lie Is Lie,whether Told Anonymously Or Openly!verbally Or Written Electronically by Gregzee: 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
Worried by growing trend of unwholesome practice here on NL, I am compelled to call us to caution. Our mouth confesses the thought of our mind. The mind is (to me) the most powerful part of human, yet it not physical. It is the connection between the spiritual and the physical. Care should therefore be taken to guard this Powerful yet feeble tool. Feeble in the sense the it follows you wherever you lead it to.
The growing trend on NL recently has been (in most posts) "calling a spade a working tool instead of A SPADE". Some people do it for the fun of it. But its read within the length and width of the earth.
You may think its fun to you! But what about the other person. They are not as strong as you. Here, many of my friends (foreigners) go to NL to grab the latest jists about Nigeria. Worthy of note is that their interests are captured by the comments that follow every Front page publication.
The year is still fresh, for a fresh beginning. You can do it! Yes you can. When I am spurred by bigotry or interest to speak ill of a group. I simply switch on the positive side, Why not talk about the Argungu fishing festival instead of calling all Borno indigene BH members. Or talk about the SUYA you enjoy instead of faulsly accusing every Fulani cattle nomad of Arson. I mean ... there is a solution somewhere. Lets start seeking it.
POSITIVE CHANGE ALL THE WAY.

1 Like

Re: Lie Is Lie,whether Told Anonymously Or Openly!verbally Or Written Electronically by khattab02: 11:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
hmmm.. Interesting Op! Nice observation and nice post. True talk there!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Believe (2) / Be Wise To Be Warned / Leaving A Lasting Impact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.