Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 (13891 Views)

Bishop (dr) Chris Kwakpovwe Of Our Daily Manna Sets Lagos Ablaze With Miracles / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily / Feed On His Word By Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by Olorunnimilo: 7:30am On Aug 19, 2014
TOPIC: Victory through Praise
Tuesday 19, August 2014
TEXT: 2 CHRONICLES 20:20-30
Key verse: “And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set
ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were
come against Judah; and they were smitten” (2 Chronicles 20:22).
The British military leader who defeated Napoleon at Waterloo, Field Marshal Arthur
Wellesley, who later became the Duke of Wellington, was described as an uneasy
man to serve under. Though brilliant, Wellesley was said to be demanding and
would never shower compliments on his subordinates. In his old age, a young lady
asked him what, if anything, he would do differently if he had his life to live over
again. Wellesley, after a moment of serious thought, replied: “I would give more
praise.”
Our text today reveals the dramatic and miraculous victory, which came to Judah
when they abandoned the conventional methods of warfare and depended upon the
leading of the Spirit of God. Jehoshaphat knew that Judah could miss the best of
God, like many others had done, if they did not acknowledge the power of and great
possibilities through praise.
Instead of complaining and grumbling or expressing fear at the intimidating forces
of the enemies that came out to fight against them, they consulted the prophets of
God to seek for how to fight the battle. Expectedly, some of them would have been
shocked by the Spirit-led method that God gave them. “And when he had consulted
with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the
beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD;
for his mercy endureth for ever” (2 Chronicles 20:21). That was how they got their
victory over their enemies.
Today, many Christians, instead of adopting Jehoshaphat’s method of praising God
in all situations, are quick to complain, murmur, get depressed or discouraged
because of some temporary challenges of life. They would, sometimes, blame
others or even God for some of the mishaps they experience. How we need to
earnestly realize that victory over the battles of life are easily won when we repose
much confidence in God!
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Praises bring the unexpected from God.
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by Olorunnimilo: 7:25am On Aug 20, 2014
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
TOPIC: Absolute Dependence on God
Wednesday 20, August 2014
TEXT: PSALM 119:9-16
Key verse: “With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy
commandments” (Psalm 119:10).
In one textile mill, there was a notice for all workers, which boldly stated: “When
your thread becomes tangled, call the foreman.” Then, one day, a young woman,
who was new on the job, had her thread tangled, but she thought: “I will just
straighten this out myself.” But the more she tried, the more the situation became
worse. Finally, she called the foreman and said: “I did the best I could.” The
foreman replied: “No you did not. To do the best, you should have called me.”
The young lady relied on self-help, but the psalmist, from our text, knew it would
not be enough. So, he resorted to proclamation and supplication for divine support
in his bid to obey God’s word. He knew the importance of God’s word. He realised
that the heart of man could lead him astray. He was mindful that the law of the
land might conflict with the law of God sometimes. He was equally aware of the
supremacy of God’s law over the law of the land. Therefore, he prepared himself to
obey the supreme law of God. But he knew he needed divine support to do this.
What a challenge to us today! To doubt our own wisdom and strength and to
depend on God prove the very purpose of humility and faith in God. God says that
you shall be holy for He is holy. God’s word is a treasure worth laying up, not
somewhere on the book shelf while we keep to our evil ways, but in our hearts
wherever we go.
Let this be our plea with Him: to teach us His statutes, assist us to have the
discipline of the mind to meditate upon them and give us the inner strength to
apply them in our daily lives. We should not only think of God’s statutes, but we
should also do them with delight. However, it is important that we depend upon our
Lord Jesus Christ without Whom we can do nothing.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: A stress-free life is the out-crop of a life totally
dependent upon God.
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
Shud I call dis ''Poster has changed hands'' or what??
Mr. Hisableplc, whr are u?
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 3:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
chindi: Shud I call dis ''Poster has changed hands'' or what??
Mr. Hisableplc, whr are u?

No sir am still here been offline these days sorry for my lapses

I dont know what the new poster is up to and i dont want to exchange words with her i will soon be back steadily and on time pls just bear with me.
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 6:40am On Aug 21, 2014
TOPIC: Perils of Unequal Yoke

"Thursday 21, August 2014"

*TEXT: 2 CHRONICLES 21:1-11*

*"Key verse: “And he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, like as did the house of Ahab: for he had the daughter of Ahab to wife: and he wrought that which was evil in the eyes of the LORD” (2 Chronicles 21:6)."*
A young lady, who was at an advanced stage of pregnancy, recently told a pathetic story of her life. She boarded an aircraft from a West African country to the United States of America, where she met a Christian, who engaged her in a discussion about Christ. She narrated the mistakes she made in her sinful relationships and the consequences of her acts of indiscretion. According to her, when she got a job, a man came and expressed affection towards her. Unfortunately, she got carried away with infatuation.
She said: “I allowed my emotions and lust to run ahead of my Christian principles, reasoning, and intelligence, and became backslidden by getting  involved in immorality with this man who was much older than me. I slacked in my Bible reading, prayers, and church attendance and got far away from my devotion to God.” 
The pathetic story above reflects the life of Jehoram, who reigned after his father, Jehoshaphat. Jehoram got married to Athaliah, the daughter of Ahab and Jezebel. Unequal relationship breeds compromise. Jehoshaphat’s compromise in business transaction and his son’s compromise in marriage led to his downfall. Athaliah brought the evil practices of her mother, Jezebel, to influence her husband, causing Judah to forget the true God and turn to Baal worship. Edomites and Libnah, who were subjects unto Judah, now revolted under Jehoram’s leadership. 
Jehoram followed the ways of Ahab, his father-in-law. No sooner had he come to power than he murdered all the sons of his father, who were better than him. His reign was characterised by wickedness of the highest order.
Godly parents must be unsparing and down-to-earth when taking vital decisions that will affect the future of their children. To avoid corruption, backsliding and wickedness in high places, character and godly conduct must be placed above charisma and ability. 
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Unequal yoke has severe repercussion; avoid it."*
*Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/
****Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE!*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 6:39am On Aug 22, 2014
TOPIC: Abusing God's Benevolence

"Friday 22, August 2014"

*TEXT: 2 CHRONICLES 20:31-37*

*"Key verse: “Then Eliezer the son of Dodavah of Mareshah prophesied against Jehoshaphat, saying, Because thou hast joined thyself with Ahaziah, the LORD hath broken thy works. And the ships were broken, that they were not able to go to Tarshish” (2 Chronicles 20:37)."*
There was this story about a selfish person who inherited a rice field in India. In the first season, the irrigation water in his field covered his property and overflowed on to his neighbours’ fields, which made all of them to have a great harvest. But in the next season, he felt he was too generous to his neighbour by letting the water escape to their fields. So, he stopped the water with a specially made dam, which made the water not to flow out and became stagnant. It turned the field into an unfruitful marsh and spoiled the crops. The man did not know that all he had was by God’s mercy. His acts of ignorance and mission led to His ruin. 
Jehoshaphat had a similar experience. Though he was a good king of Judah, he hobnobbed with Ahab, an enemy of God, which would have cost him his life, were it not for God’s mercy. One would have thought that Jehoshaphat would have learnt his lesson and henceforth avoided an unholy union with the enemies of God.
Unfortunately, he never learned the lesson from his agreement with Ahab. Thus, he went into a damning affinity with Ahaziah. The Lord therefore sent Eliezer to prophesy against him. The Lord destroyed the ships which Jehoshaphat and Ahaziah built. Although we’re not told about the number of people who lost their lives, Jehoshaphat’s error of judgement were at great material costs. His labour and investments ended in great ruin. What a waste of effort and resources and a great lesson for all in position of leadership today!
We, therefore, need discretion and godly wisdom to govern. We need to know where to firmly draw the line and avoid a binding relationship with unbelievers in marriage, business and other areas. If in any way we have erred in the past, God can still forgive if we repent, confess and make our ways right with Him.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It is godly wisdom to discern between God’s mercy and severity. "*
****Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE!*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 6:08am On Aug 23, 2014
TOPIC: Total Obedience

"Saturday 23, August 2014"

*TEXT: PSALM 119:1-8*

*"Key verse: “Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart” (Psalm 119:2)."*
Chuck Swindoll, an evangelical Christian pastor, told a story of how he and his wife spent an evening with General Charles M. Duke, a former astronaut. Duke, who was among Apollo 16 crew, related to them how obedience to instructions helped Apollo 16 to achieve its mission to the moon. Swindoll curiously asked: “Once you were there, were you not free to make your own decisions and carry out some of your own experiments?” He smiled and said: “Sure Chuck, if we did not want to return to earth, we could make our decision and avoid the instructions.” Duke described the intricate plan, the exact and precise instructions, the essential discipline and the instant obedience, which were needed, to the split second. He equally disclosed that when they landed on the moon, they had only one minute of fuel supply left. Then, Swindoll remarked: “I got the distinct impression that a rebel doesn’t fit inside a space suit.”
The psalmist, in our text, recognized that it was not possible for him to walk through the wilderness of this world, especially with its attendant temptations and allurement, with a heart of rebellion against God’s commandment and still expect His blessings. The secret of receiving God’s favour, according to the psalmist, would be to keep His word and live an undefiled life. 
This, of course, brings limitations to all those who want to meander aimlessly. Our actions are constantly under surveillance by an “angelic force” unseen to human eyes. It does not take human efficiency or talent, but obedience, consecration and constant examination to travel on the “highway of holiness.
How do you take the word of God? Do you take it as a framework that will make you have a good relationship with God or do you hold it as a mere literature? Our joy in this world and in eternity depends on how much of the word of God we know and put into practice. So, constantly read the word and meditate upon it.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It is comely to be doers of the word and not hearers only."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 6:04am On Aug 24, 2014
TOPIC: His Fiery Judgment

"Sunday 24, August 2014"

*TEXT: 2 CHRONICLES 21:12-20*

*"Key verse: “Behold, with a great plague will the LORD smite thy people, and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods” (2 Chronicles 21:14). "*
Billy Graham told a story of how he was arrested on a traffic offence and charged to court. According to him, he pleaded guilty and the judge, who was though friendly, was embarrassed that Graham could commit such an offence. As he could not pervert the course of justice, because that would have been inconsistent with impartiality, the judge concluded that Graham must pay the penalty of the offence. While reflecting this from the scriptural perspective, Graham pointed out that inasmuch as God is a God of love, He is equally a God of justice, otherwise everything about Him would not be meaningful. 
According to our text, Elijah, the prophet of God, equally revealed a God of justice, as He brought a damning judgement upon Jehoram, the wicked king. The charges against Jehoram were many: he departed from the good ways of God, which he was taught; he conformed to the ways of the house of Ahab; he set up and enforced idolatry in the land; he murdered his brethren because they were better than him; and unlike Ahab, when the threat of judgment came, he slighted the warning.
Bad men bring God’s judgment to people around them. This was what happened to Judah, as Jehoram’s sins brought calamities upon them. His wives, children, substance and the entire land of Judah suffered the consequences of his actions. Jehoram suffered the same fate; he was afflicted with a violent inflammation of the bowels until the bowels fell out. 
On this wicked king, God brought His judgment. Jehoram, visibly cursed of God, was hated while he lived and neglected when he died.
The end of a sinful life is dreadful in this world; and a neglect of God’s warning will lead to an even more dreadful eternity in hell. 
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It is dangerous and damning to fall into the hands of the living God. "*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:29am On Aug 25, 2014
TOPIC: Divine Illumination

Monday 25, August 2014

TEXT: PSALM 119:17-24

Key Verse: “Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law” (Psalm 119:18).

Charles H. Spurgeon said: “We would be abler teachers of others, and less liable to be carried about by every wind of doctrine, if we sought to have a more intelligent understanding of the Word of God. As the Holy Spirit, the Author of the Scriptures alone can enlighten us rightly to understand them, we should constantly ask His teaching and His guidance unto all truth.”

“When the prophet Daniel sought to interpret Nebuchadnezzar’s dream, what did he do? He set himself to earnest prayer that God would open up the vision. Therefore, if you desire to be “filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding,” remember that prayer is your best means of study. “Like Daniel, you shall understand the dream and its interpretation when you have sought God. You may force your way through many barriers to understanding with the leverage of prayer. Thoughts and reasoning are like the steel wedges which give a hold on truth, but prayer is the lever which forces open the treasure hidden within.”

The essence of this divine illumination propelled the psalmist in our text today to, among other things, offer a supplication to God for Him to open his eyes to behold wondrous things out of His law. The psalmist knew that God’s mind, which is revealed in the Scriptures, was deeper than the deepest ocean. Therefore, he prayed earnestly to God to show him the light in this strange and dangerous world of darkness.

A natural man, by nature, is blind to the things of God. There are wonderful things which God has hidden in the Scripture from the casual readers of the Bible. Yet, the same Bible passages give eternal life to those whose eyes are opened by God. He is ready to reveal more of Himself to you. But are you ready? Seek His face now in earnest prayer and He will bring divine illumination upon your life.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God’s word is the fountain of living waters to the sincere seeker.

Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/

***Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE!
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:13am On Aug 26, 2014
TOPIC: Eternal Security?

"Tuesday 26, August 2014"

*TEXT: EZEKIEL 18:19-32*

*"Key Verse: “But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die” (Ezekiel 18:24). "*
One day, an American tourist, on an adventure in Portugal, visited the Monastery, where they had a 3,000-foot cliff, which could only be accessible by a terrifying ride in a swaying basket. The basket would be pulled with a single rope by several strong men. As they did that, they would be sweating profusely under the strain of the fully loaded basket. 
As a tourist, the American decided to have a fun of it. He was in the basket, which perched on the cliff. When he was halfway up the cliff, he noticed that the rope was old and frayed. With this, he became nervous and afraid. In apprehension, he asked, “How often do you change the rope?” The monk, who was in charge, replied: “Whenever it breaks!”
This illustration explained, quite clearly, the content of our text today. Many Israelites had erroneous belief that God would punish the parent because of the sins of their children or punish the children because of their parents’ sins. They also had the belief that once anybody got saved, the person would be forever saved, even if the person later backslid. God corrected them, explaining the grave implications of their mistaken notions and beliefs. He warned that He would only hold sinners accountable. This, clearly obliterated the doctrine of eternal security. 
God knew that many, who were thought to be righteous, could do so only for a while, warning that such ephemeral dispositions would not take anyone to heaven, but rather a sustained life of righteousness that endures to the point of death. He gave a stern admonition that those who live righteously for a period and then die in evil would be reckoned eternally as evil. None of their earlier righteousness would be mentioned to their credit. 
True believers, therefore, should not only watch and pray, they should also continue to sustain their righteousness to the end.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Sin pays temporal wages: death."*
****Share your thoughts and that you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE!*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:01am On Aug 27, 2014
TOPIC: Godly Precept

"Wednesday 27, August 2014"

*TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 17:14-20*

*"Key verse: “And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them” (Deuteronomy 17:19)."*
One day, Robert Kupferschmid, an 81-year old man with no flying experience, was flying with a 52 year old pilot friend of his in a Cessna 172. The pilot suddenly slumped over and died. Kupferschmid was dumbfounded as he had never flown a plane before. But when the single-engine plane began to nose-dive, he quickly grabbed the controls and somehow, he got on the radio and pleaded for help. 
Two pilots, who heard the call, gave him a steady stream of instructions of climbing, steering and landing at a nearby airport. Emergency vehicles were readily made available. With strict adherence to the instruction, Kupferschmid was able to land the plane without any injury. He was said to have listened and followed those instructions as if his life depended on it – and it did. Kupferschmid landed safely because he adhered to the instruction he was given. People also receive God’s blessings because they are able to obey the instructions and commandments of God. 
Our text, today, reveals detailed instruction, which God gave to those who occupied special and strategic position in Israel, especially their king. Among the instructions was that the children of Israel must not set a foreigner over them, neither should king multiply horses or wives. He must not cause the people to go back to Egypt. The king himself must be a man of God’s word, who should have a copy of the law. He must keep it and read it daily and live by it. This would help the king not to feel too big and sin against God since He would not change His standard, no matter the passage of time. 
That same instruction we have today. Those, who rule over people, must be just, ruling in the fear of God. Whenever any person has an opportunity to rule, whether in the country, city, office, family or church, he must always remember that he is answerable to God. Those who embezzle government’s money or divert church funds for personal or private use, have violated God’s instructions.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Blessed are they that hear the word of God and keep it."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 5:24am On Aug 28, 2014
TOPIC: Heart-Felt Supplication

"Thursday 28, August 2014"

*TEXT: PSALM 119:41-48*

*"Key verse: “Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word” (Psalm 119:41)."*
Lancelot Andrewes, who was a bishop in the Church of England, had served as royal chaplain to Queen Elizabeth I and later to Kings James I and Charles I. Noted to be fluent in 15 languages, Andrewes was among those chosen in 1604 as translators for the new English Bible. When the King James Version was published in 1611, he was said to have made significant contribution in the Pentateuch and the historical books. But he knew that he was not sufficient in himself and that God, undoubtedly, was the anchor of his existence. And he prayed: “Lord, be Thou within me, to strengthen me; without me, to keep me; above me, to protect me; beneath me, to uphold me; before me, to direct me; behind me, to keep me from straying; round about me, to defend me. Blessed be Thou, O Lord, our Father, for ever and ever.”
This lends relevance to the psalmist’s outpouring of his supplication to God. Though he was a man after God’s heart, he expressed holy fear because he was conscious of the fact that God could remove His favour from him. So, he felt that he needed God’s mercies, as it appeared that the way of grace had been blocked. Therefore, he pleaded with God to clear the way for mercies to come to him. He equally asked for God’s salvation, which would be according to His word.
It was clear the psalmist had adversaries, but he trusted in God. He pleaded with God not to leave him without deliverance. He believed that the Spirit of holiness is a free Spirit, who could set men at liberty and enable them to resist every effort to bring them under Satan’s subjection. With this liberty, he would be free from every fear and declare God’s word. It would enable him to be fulfilled and stand steadfastly for God.
The psalmist’s approach to spiritual issue is a lesson to all of us. We need to absolutely depend upon God and through fervent prayer, make our request unto Him.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God-like character can only be built through a whole-hearted devotion."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:33am On Aug 29, 2014
TOPIC: Unblemished Sacrifice

Friday 29, August 2014

TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 17:1-6

Key verse: “Thou shalt not sacrifice unto the LORD thy God any bullock, or sheep, wherein is blemish, or any evilfavouredness: for that is an abomination unto the LORD thy God” (Deuteronomy 17:1).

There was a story about Robert Hartington of Leeds, a Cambridge graduate, who lived in a single room and cooked his own meals. Yet, he gave foreign ministries 500,000 pounds for a pioneer work of the gospel. He preferred to inconvenience himself, just for the salvation of souls. He later commented: “Gladly would I make the floor my bed, a box my chair and another box my table, rather than that man should perish for want of the knowledge of Christ.”

The consecration of this noble man of God of blessed memory summarises the expectation of God from the children of Israel and, by extension, to us, as regards worship. He expected then and now a wholesome and unalloyed sense of responsibility from His creatures in worshi p. Our worship and sacrifice should come out of grateful hearts.

It is sheer wickedness to forsake God in preference for other gods. Our sacrifice must be borne out of voluntary submission to the will and dictate of God. We should learn to take a moment to consider the frailty and brevity of life, and how our priorities reflect this truth. We must strive for a firmer understanding that anything outside the will of God will, one day, fade away. Any other “god” who receives our worship in the form of excess time, thought, energy, or resources will most surely be burnt and be swept aside. Neglect of God for earthly pursuit attracts heavy punishment. In our passage today, those who went after other gods were sentenced to death by stoning, after the confirmation of two or three witnesses.

When we refuse to accept the living God of the Bible, we become worshippers of various elements in life, such as money, worldly possessions and pleasures. God’s warning is clear and unmistakable about the fate of those who choose idol worship, who refuse to accept the established standard of His word.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Nothing less than a living sacrifice is demanded.

***Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE!
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
Any
other “god” who receives our worship in
the form of excess time, thought, energy, or resources will most surely be burnt and
be swept aside.

May GOD ALMIGHTY help us all to place HIM above every other god, Amen.
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 11:03am On Aug 30, 2014
TOPIC: Burning Spiritual Desire

"Saturday 30, August 2014"

*TEXT: PSALM 119:33-40*

*"Key verse: “Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness” (Psalm 119:36). "*
One day, a proud young man came to Socrates, a classical Greek Athenian philosopher, to ask for knowledge. Socrates, who easily recognized the young man’s pomposity, led him through the streets, to the sea and chest deep into water. Then, Socrates asked: “What do you want?” The young man, with a smile, replied: “Knowledge, O wise Socrates.” Socrates repeated the exercise the second and third time, but the young man still maintained: “Knowledge, O wise and wonderful.” On the fourth time, after putting him in water for fifty seconds, Socrates let him up and asked again: “What do you want?” This time, the pompous young man screeched: “Air! I need air!” Then, Socrates said: “When you want knowledge as you have just wanted air, then you will have knowledge.” 
The psalmist placed himself in such a situation to seek God and His righteousness as much as he needed air. This could explain why he forgot everything else and placed righteousness as a top priority of his heartfelt desire. His heart’s desire was expressed through his petitions. He wanted to know more of God’s statutes in order to keep them unto the end. He further requested for understanding so that he could observe God’s law with his whole heart. The Lord is not interested in partial obedience. Rather, He delights in total obedience to His commandments. The psalmist also prayed for restraining grace, requesting God to turn away his eyes from beholding vanity. 
Considering the fact that “the world passes away and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abided forever,” every heaven-bound pilgrim should always pray for grace to be preserved from the pollution of this present evil world. The coming of the Lord is imminent. What is the topmost desire in your life? Are you constantly having a critical self-examination of your life? Have a burning desire to please God.
*"THOUGTH FOR THE DAY: Devotion signifies a life given or devoted to God."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 11:05am On Aug 30, 2014
chindi: Any
other “god” who receives our worship in
the form of excess time, thought, energy, or resources will most surely be burnt and
be swept aside.

May GOD ALMIGHTY help us all to place HIM above every other god, Amen.
Amen bro how is weekend n month end going
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
hisableplc:
Amen bro how is weekend n month end going
Everything's kul, and u?
Sorry pls, I'm nt a bro..
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 10:07am On Sep 01, 2014
TOPIC: God's Abiding Concern

Sunday 31, August 2014

TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 18:1-8

Key verse: “The priests the Levites, and all the tribe of Levi, shall have no part nor inheritance with Israel: they shall eat the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and his inheritance” (Deuteronomy 18:1).

A story was told of a man who got lost in the desert. After wandering around for a long time, he became thirsty. He saw a shack in the distance. When he got there, he found a water pump with a small jug of water and a note. The note stated: “Pour all the water into the top of the pump to prime it, if you do this you will get all the water you need.” The note raised a lot of issues in his mind. Firstly, if he trusted the note and did as instructed, he would get all the water he needed. Secondly, if it didn’t work, he would still be thirsty and he might die. Thirdly, if he chose to drink the water, he would only get immediate satisfaction and would still die.

After thinking about it for a while, the man decided to risk it and did as the note instructed. At first nothing happened, but later, water started gushing out and he was able to drink all he wanted, took a shower and filled all the containers he could find, simply because he obeyed the instruction.

The same way, God has made provision for our needs. But He only requires us to obey His simple instructions, that is the holy Scriptures. God has made provision for those who, out of their zeal for Him, have dedicated their time for His service. The priests, in our text, were not to entangle themselves with the affairs of this life or to enrich themselves with the wealth it offers. But out of His love and consideration, God had taken care of their comfort and convenience of life. The people who benefit from their service must make the provision for their support. Whatever was the Lord’s portion in the offering of the people became theirs: the tithe, first-fruits and the oblations at the altar.

Jesus Christ, by virtue of His ministry, death and resurrection, has become the High Priest of the New Covenant. Every Christian has come into the family of Jesus and, therefore, into His priestly line. As priests in the household of faith, we should live a holy lifestyle that befits our calling.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God has in Himself all goodness to supply all the needs of His own.

Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 10:08am On Sep 01, 2014
TOPIC: The Wise Choice

Monday 01, September 2014

TEXT: PSALM 119:25-32

Key verse: “I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me” (Psalm 119:30).

Eleanor Roosevelt, the wife of the former President of the United States of America, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, said: “One’s philosophy is not best expressed in words. It is expressed in the choices one makes. In the long run, we shape our lives and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility.”

Our text indicated the psalmist’s depressed state due to his inability to address certain fundamental issues in his life. Nonetheless, he made a choice of bringing everything to God, instead of complaining to other people. He cried out to God for deliverance from the despair and anxiety in his heart. He called on God to lift him out of this depression. He knew and understood that the Word of God could quicken his spirit and lift him up because of its potency to deliver.

When you are burdened with the challenges of this life, who do you beseech for solution? Are you like David, who abhorred the way of lying and chose the way of truth?

Ruth chose an ‘unsecured future’ as long as God was in it. Esther chose to perish if only to save the Jewish nation. Daniel chose not to be defiled by the king’s meat nor the wine that he drank. Moses chose to suffer afflictions with the people of God than to enjoy the fleeting pleasure of sin for a season. Joseph chose not to defile himself or dishonour his God, rejecting the offer of Portiphar’s wife. Paul chose not to know anything but Christ and Him crucified. Jesus chose to be a sin-offering for the world to redeem humanity to God. None of these people ever regretted their choices. What is your own choice?

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: A choice made for Christ is a choice linked with heaven.

Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 11:46am On Sep 01, 2014
chindi:
Everything's kul, and u?
Sorry pls, I'm nt a bro..

Am sorry ma.... We thk God it was a refreshing 1 with God
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 11:02am On Sep 02, 2014
TOPIC: Obey God's Command

Tuesday 02,September 2014
TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 17:8-13

Key verse: “And thou shalt do according to the sentence, which they of that place which the LORD shall choose shall shew thee; and thou shalt observe to do according to all that they inform thee” (Deuteronomy 17:10).

In 1884, a young man, who was loved so much by his parents, died. After the funeral, his grieving parents decided to establish a memorial for him. They met Charles Eliot, who was the President of Harvard University, and expressed their desire. Eliot, who was impatient with them, said: “Perhaps, you have in mind a scholarship.” They explained it was a memorial, something more substantial than scholarship. Eliot underrated them and brushed aside the idea as being too expensive. The couple departed. The next year, Eliot learned that the couple had gone elsewhere and established a $26 million memorial, named Leland Stanford Junior University, which is better known today as Stanford. If Eliot had obliged the couple, the $26 million memorial would have been instituted in his university. This is one of the ironies of life.

God, the author of knowledge, is aware of the intricacy of judgement. In our text, He pointed out to the Israelites that there might be some situations where it would be absolutely difficult for a local judge to make a decision. Such situation might be a murder case or manslaughter. Others might be an argument about the owner of property, or about injuries, which somebody did on purpose. When any of these things happened, God advised that they should go to the judge or priest and asked for his decision on the issue. This clearly implied that nobody should take law into his or her hands.

Our text today is a lesson for everybody, particularly for those, who would embark upon a jungle justice. Many people, no doubt, have been wrongly killed because of irrational decisions. Some people, too, after hearing from their wives, husbands, children, relations and friends, jump into unnecessary conclusion, while others manifest partiality and favouritism without allowing due process. Whatever you do, please note that you will account for it before God. Therefore, watch your decisions and actions.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: To obey is better than sacrifice.

Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2014
TOPIC: Dire Warning

"Wednesday 02, September 2014"

*TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 18:9-14*

*"Key verse: “When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations” (Deuteronomy 18:9)."*
HMS Sheffield, which was a 3,500-ton Royal Navy destroyer, was sunk by a single missile fired from an Argentine fighter jet during the 1982 war in the Falkland Islands between England and Argentina. This caused a lot of concern, as some people wondered if HMS Sheffield, which was regarded as a modern surface warships, was obsolete.
But investigation, conducted later, revealed that HMS Sheffield’s defenses did pick up the incoming missile. Though the ship’s computer correctly identified it as a French-made Exocet, the computer was programmed to ignore Exocets as “friendly.” The conclusion was that HMS Sheffield was sunk by a missile, which it saw coming and could have evaded.
The programme error of the ship’s computer was what God did not want the Israelites to experience, according to our text. Although the Israelites were called out from one land to another and they were to dwell close to some strange people, they were given instructions on what not to do. God knew that those who live near them were ungodly and He did not want them to copy the practices of those ungodly people. 
Today, God still warns believers to desist from the behaviors and lifestyles of those unbelievers around. God condemns, in totality, anything that has to do with horoscopy, fortune telling, use of charms, speaking to the dead, acts of witchcraft, traditional rites that have a tinge of idolatry, or a remote approval of any of these. 
Since it is easy to indulge in these practices, particularly as we see their preponderance among our sinful neighbours, we are warned not to emulate their practices, as these will earn us the wrath of God. We are to be careful and watchful. We are to keep our children at safe distance from such ungodly influences. May God help us to be fully obedient to divine counsel.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: He who refuses pertinent warnings is an ally of fools."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 5:42am On Sep 04, 2014
TOPIC: Jesus, Incomparable Prophet

"Thursday 04, September 2014"

*TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 18:14-22*

*"Key verse: “The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken” (Deuteronomy 18:15)."*
John Newton said: “When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons.”
Moses, a great prophet of God, who received divine commendation for his earthly ministry, prophetically spoke about the coming of the Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ. Even though he did great exploits for the Lord in the land of Egypt and also in the wilderness, Moses disclosed the promise of the great Prophet with a command to the Israelites to receive Him and hearken to Him. Although there were those who believed that this was the promise of a succession of prophets in Israel, we are sure that it was primarily intended as a promise of Christ. Moses equally charged Joshua in particular, and Israel in general, to remember all the commandments, which the Lord had given them “to observe and do them.”
Jesus Christ, the son of God, is the greatest Man that ever lived. He is greater than the greatest, wiser than the wisest because He is the wisdom of God; and He is higher than the highest because He is the everlasting Father having no beginning of days nor end of time.Speaking to the religious people of His days, He affirmed: “Before Abraham was, I am.” Christ was concealed in the Old Testament, but revealed in the New Testament. He came to the world as the Lamb of God sacrificed in order to take away the sins of the whole world. He is the ladder from earth to heaven. He is the only Mediator between sinful men and holy God.
Salvation from sin and victory over Satan is only possible through faith in His blood. Whatever you are going through this day, you can experience total transformation by faith in His atoning blood. As a believer, you can enjoy daily victory as you trust in the Lord and daily obey His Word.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Life without Christ is hopeless."*
****Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE!*at Thursday, September 04, 2014

Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 4:32am On Sep 05, 2014
TOPIC: Jesus, Our Refuge

Friday 05,September 2014

TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 19:1-10

Key verse: “Thou shalt prepare thee a way, and divide the coasts of thy land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee to inherit, into three parts, that every slayer may flee thither” (Deuteronomy 19:3).

Marie Monsen, a Norwegian missionary, who served in China in the 1950s, testified how angels of God protected Christians in that country. According to her, when the heat to exterminate was high, they took refuge in the mission compound. The Chinese soldiers later surrounded the compound, but the Christians were astonished to find that they were left in peace.

A few days later the hostile soldiers explained, quite frankly, that they were ready to break down the flimsy wall, but they were surprised to notice tall soldiers with shining faces on a high roof in the compound, which incapacitated them from launching an attack on the Christians. Then, Monsen said: “The heathen saw them, it was a testimony to them, but they were invisible to us.”

God, at various times and with diverse means, protects His children. From our text, He was mindful of the fact that some people could be punished unjustly. So, He commanded Moses to appoint those asylum cities, so that anyone who shed blood inadvertently might seek refuge there and have time to prepare for his defense before the judges, and so that the kinsman of the deceased might not pursue and kill him. There were six cities of refuge, which were designed to provide security for those who mistakenly killed other people.

Likewise in Christ Jesus, is an appointed asylum and refuge for sinners and backsliders. Happy is the soul that flees and is safe in Christ. Are you oppressed, afflicted or loaded with the burden of sin? There is a protection and immunity from sin and its consequences, if you repent and believe in Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour.

A songwriter writes: “O soul, are you weary and troubled? No light in the darkness you see? There is light for a look at the Saviour and life more abundant and free. Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.”

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 4:57am On Sep 06, 2014
TOPIC: God, The Impartial Judge

"Saturday 06, September 2014"

*TEXT: EZEKIEL 18:1-18*

*"Key verse: “Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die” (Ezekiel 18:4)."*
Born E. Eaton, who spent sixteen years in prison for a crime he did not commit, was stunned beyond surprise at the miscarriage of justice. Recounting his ordeal, Eaton said: “I didn’t have a dime in my pockets or a friend in the world when they put me on trial for armed robbery, that is why I spent sixteen years in prison for a crime committed by two other men while I was 1700 miles away. I am free now, completely vindicated. Life played a dirty trick on me in Circuit court, at Rock Island, Illinois in 1940.”
Eaton’s experience is one of such cases of miscarriage of justice in earthly courts, which could be intentional or by mere omission due to imperfection in the knowledge of men who made the pronouncement of guilt. Though this could happen here in an earthly court, there is no miscarriage of justice in the court of heaven.
When men appear before God to give account of their deeds and misdeeds, “every transgression and disobedience will receive a just recompense of reward” (Hebrews 2:2). This is the content of the text of today. God cannot overlook sin. He is not only faithful, but He is also just. He will not in anyway acquit the wicked; He will not allow the righteous to suffer the same fate of His wrath and punishment. God does not punish the children for the father’s sins unless they tread in their father’s steps. 
Every man shall give account of his life before God. The judgment of God can never be a collective one. Individuals will be held responsible for their actions and inactions. “Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him... Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the rewards of his hands shall be given him” (Isaiah 3:10,11).
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Everyone shall account for his deeds and misdeeds."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
TOPIC: Count Your Blessings

Sunday 07, September 2014

TEXT: PSALM 119:49-56

Key verse: “I remembered thy judgments of old, O LORD; and have comforted myself” (Psalm 119:52). 

A preacher of the gospel, one day, said to his congregation: “I can tell you the greatest cure for discouragement. It will work every time. Take out a sheet of paper and begin to write down everything you can remember to be thankful for such as: deliverances the Lord has brought; the way He has led; the blessings He has given you; the victories He has brought; and the encouragements He has been (Deuteronomy 5:15; 8:2; 32:7-12; 11:2-7; Joshua 23:14). Soon you will not be discouraged.”

This was what built the psalmist’s hope in God. In our passage today, he spoke of the afflictions and horror he had suffered in the hands of the wicked. He was persecuted beyond measure, but he was comforted in one thing - the righteous judgment of the Almighty God.

From the creation of the world, wicked men had always persecuted the righteous. The Holy Bible is replete with the cruel activities of the wicked over the righteous. Although the wicked appear to be having a field day, they will not continue indefinitely. The Bible tells us that “many sorrows shall be to the wicked, but he that trusted in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about” (Psalm 32:10). Yet, let it be noted that the godly life is not complete without persecution: “Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution” (2 Timothy 3:12). In the midst of persecution, the psalmist urges believers in Christ to remember the righteous judgement of God.

Today, as children of God and pilgrims in the land of the living, what do we remember? Do we remember the ability of God to deliver? Do we remember the power of God to save to the uttermost? Do we remember the righteous judgment of God? Do we remember that vengeance belongs to God? It is indeed in remembering all these that we shall, like Paul the Apostle, term all the activities of the wicked against us as a “light affliction which is but for a moment”, with “far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.”

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Our hopelessness and our helplessness are no barrier to God.

Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/

Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 3:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
TOPIC: Architect of Your Misfortune

"Monday 08, September 2014"

*TEXT: EZEKIEL 19:1-14*

*"Key verse: “And fire is gone out of a rod of her branches, which hath devoured her fruit, so that she hath no strong rod to be a sceptre to rule. This is a lamentation, and shall be for a lamentation” (Ezekiel 19:14). "*
A pastor, one day, related a story of his friend, who visited his church. His friend, who wanted to conduct a research on the friendliness of the church members, said: “I’ll stand in the foyer of your church, and I’m almost certain that no one will shake my hand.” The pastor replied: “We have a friendly church. I know that our members will greet you.”
After the church service, his friend stood in the entrance hall. Hundreds of people walked past him, but none greeted him. After everyone had left, the pastor asked: “Well, did anyone shake your hand?” He replied: “Not a single person.”
The pastor, who was dumbfounded, asked: “What did you do? You must have done something to keep them from meeting you.” Then, his friend explained: “Every time someone started to approach me, I simply looked away and gave the impression I didn’t want to meet them. They could sense I was rejecting them, so they turned and walked away.” 
The above anecdote clearly illustrates the fact that some people are architect of their misfortune. The children of Israel had everything that could sustain them for eternity. Unfortunately, they chose the path of rejection. They never learnt from the past mistakes of their forefathers, who wandered through the wilderness for forty years. 
Today’s passage is a prophetic lamentation of a desolate nation, which forgot God, who helped them to overcome their battles. They were hunted down and taken in nets. At the same time, they were compared to a vine and the princess to branches, which were once strong and flourishing, until they were broken down and burnt because of transgressions.
The prophet of God lifted up his voice in lamentation for the degraded nation of Israel under the oppression of a sinful idolatrous nation. What a shame! Those who forsake Christ and His warning today pave the way for severe oppression of the devil in their lives. It will also lead to ultimate destruction and damnation in hell fire.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Nothing is so wretched or foolish as to be your undoing."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 3:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
TOPIC: Wasted Years!"

Tuesday 9, September 2014"

*TEXT: 2 KINGS 15:27-38*

*"KEY VERSE: “In the two and fiftieth year of Azariah king of Judah Pekah the son of Remaliah began to reign over Israel in Samaria, and reigned twenty years. And he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD: he departed not from the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who made Israel to sin” (2 Kings 15:27,28). "*
Og Mandino, an American essayist and psychologist, once said: “Beginning from today, treat everyone you meet, friend or foe, loved one or stranger, as if they were going to be dead at midnight. Extend to each person, no matter how trivial the contact, all the care and kindness and understanding and love that you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.”
This was what Pekah, the king of Israel and Jotham, the king of Judah never realized all throughout their reigns. For the 36 years, which the two of them spent on the throne, God reserved for them only twelve verses in the holy writ. The two kings wasted God’s grace and favour upon their lives. They also wasted many years on the throne, all in the service of self and elevation of idol worship.
Simply imagine if these kings had commissioned a biographer to record the events of their lives for them. The biographer would have turned out volumes of written work filled with meaningless achievements, inglorious living and self-adulation and exaltation, which would have no record in heaven. The record would have been bereft of the nobility of piety, supreme love for God, obedience to His commandments, promotion of godliness and the worship of God in the land.
Many Christian may like to condemn these kings. But we need to ask ourselves if we are also not guilty of the same offence – rebellion against God, rejection of Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Saviour, disobedience to the commandments of God and neglect of the true worship of God. We should realise that our membership of humanitarian organizations, even conferment of national honours and recognition in our autobiographies cannot earn us a place in heaven. Except we set our priorities right and make the pursuit of God’s glory the cardinal objective of life, we run the grave risk of reliving the mistakes of the two kings and depraved others like them.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Time spent without God is time wasted."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 4:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
TOPIC: Running the Wrong Way

"Wednesday 10, September 2014"

*TEXT: EZEKIEL 20:10-26*

*"Key verse: “But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them” (Ezekiel 20:13)."*
Roy Riegels, on January 1, 1929, played a football for Georgia Tech against Universal of California, Los Angeles in the Rose Bowl. In the second half of that game, UCLA lost the ball and Roy picked it up, but instead of running the right direction to score the goal for his team, he ran the wrong way, which, unfortunately, made Georgia Tech to lose the game. 
This is a true depiction of the Israelites, who lived contrary to God’s purposes for them. They had a special relationship with God because of His covenant with Abraham. He clearly spelt out the basic condition for continued favour from Him and victory over all their enemies in the covenant. This He made directly with them through Moses their leader. “Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine” (Exodus 19:5). But the Israelites chose to live their lives in the wrong way.
Although all the people promised to hearken unto God and obey His words, it was a short-lived obedience. The children of Israel decided to forsake the Lord and went into idolatry. Their repeated disobedience led to rebellion and brought divine wrath upon them. God, speaking through Jeremiah the prophet, said: “For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water” (Jeremiah 2:13). 
Today, there are those who have wantonly ignored God’s commandments. Others make a mere lip service of consecrating their lives to Him. They will prefer to live their lives their own way instead of allowing the will of God to control their lives. 
How you need to retrace your steps like the prodigal son and quickly come back to the Father who has been patiently waiting to receive you back to the fold!
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Those that forsake the true God will wander endlessly."*
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 6:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
TOPIC: God Chastises For Correction

Monday 22, September 2014

TEXT: JEREMIAH 29:1-9

Key verse: “Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, unto all that are carried away captives, whom I have caused to be carried away from Jerusalem unto Babylon; Build ye houses, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them” (Jeremiah 29:4,5).

Billy Graham, in his book entitled, Worker’s Handbook, said: “If life were all easy, wouldn’t we become flabby? When a ship’s carpenter needed timber to make a mast for a sailing vessel, he did not cut it in the valley, but up on the mountainside where the trees had been buffeted by the winds. These trees, he knew, were the strongest of all. Hardship is not our choice; but if we face it bravely, it can toughen the fiber of our souls. God does not discipline us to subdue us, but to condition us for a life of usefulness and blessedness.”

Jeremiah wrote to the Israelites, who were in captivity in Babylon as a form of discipline by the Lord, that they should move ahead with their lives and pray for the heathen nation that enslaved them.

From experience, we discover that trials and suffering can come from three sources. Firstly, it can come due to disobedience to the commandment of God, that is, as a result of sin. Secondly, it can also be permitted by God without any iniquity on the part of man. Job’s experience is an example. Thirdly, it can be as a result of satanic oppression. In all these causes of calamities, it is the one by Satan that is the easiest to handle. When God demonstrates His omnipotence by allowing divinely arranged trials in our lives, we should realise that it is to achieve His own glory through us. If it is from Satan, all we need do is to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might, pray and believe God for solution. The most difficult of all trials to tackle is one caused by sin. Some people hide sins in their hearts and go about as if there is no problem. But God, who knows the state of their hearts, will not answer their prayers.

Whatever your calamity, you need to, first of all, examine your life. Ask God to reveal, through His Spirit, the cause of the problem to you. Then, make your way right with God.

Thought for the day: Chastisement is designed for our good; to bring us closer to God.

Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 8:21am On Oct 13, 2014
TOPIC: Examine Yourself

"Monday 13, October 2014"

*TEXT: JOB 31:33-40*

*"Key Verse: “If my land cry against me, or that the furrows likewise thereof complain; If I have eaten the fruits thereof without money, or have caused the owners thereof to lose their life” (Job 31:38,39)."*
It is said that clear conscience fears no accusation. Whatever we do as believers, our conscience must be pure. This is the gist of our text today.
In his reflections over the flood of calamities that had befallen him, Job had continued to search himself, asking questions where he must have gone wrong to attract the afflictions. Since his persecution began, he has continued to receive miserable visitors, who claimed to be his friends. They also claimed to have come to commiserate with him. But their uncharitable and unguarded utterances, rather than soothe Job’s aching nerves, pierced him more like deadly arrows. They had serially accused Job of unrighteousness, the consequence of which, according to them, had been the avalanche of his afflictions.
Remember, Job had, in a single swoop, lost all his cattle, children and other material wealth and was bodily afflicted with an unknown skin disease. But, in all these, he maintained his integrity. He was sure that the righteous God does not dispense unrighteous judgment. His confidence in God did not wane even at the darkest hour of his life. Job’s reflection of his dealings with God encouraged him; and it is a challenge to every believer.
Believers must realize that there are many afflictions that come when they hide their iniquities or cover their transgressions as Adam did. Are you enmeshed in dirty deals, contracts or other messy and questionable transactions? You must maintain clean hands and pure conscience to enable you stand boldly in the days of trouble. Believers must also borrow a leaf from Job’s consistent life of righteousness even when circumstances dictate otherwise, knowing that cross-bearing and ‘light afflictions’ are the hallmarks of true discipleship.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: He who goes to equity must go with clean hands."*
****Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE!
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 by hisableplc(m): 7:32am On Oct 14, 2014
TOPIC: Surrender All

"Tuesday 14, October 2014"

*TEXT: LUKE 17:1-10*

*"Key verse: “So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do” (Luke 17:10)."*
The service of God ought be mandatory. He is the Creator and we are His creatures. We ought to give the totality of our being and serve him unreservedly because He demands our all.
This, indeed, should be the desire and heartcry of every child of God today because as the grace of faith grows, all other graces will grow with it, leading us to lay our all on the altar of sacrifice.
Our passage today centres on the teaching of Jesus on the guilt and punishment for those causing offence in the Church and faith in God’s pardoning mercy that enables the believer to forgive  offences. Jesus can increase our faith to deal with offences and also give the deep humility needed for faithful and continual service unto the Lord, our Master, Owner, Redeemer and Sustainer of our soul.
Causing offences to the heavenly pilgrim is a great sin that all believers must avoid and watch against as this brings severe judgment from God. Offences come from within and without the Church. They manifest in various forms. Persecution causes injury to Christ’s little ones, thereby bringing discouragement. Corruption of the truth of God’s word hinders growth, commitment and love for God in the heart and life of new converts. The worst form of offences are from those that profess Christ but live unholy lives within the church. Another is double standard and it weakens the spiritual state of the little ones.
Our daily prayer should be that we would not be a source of offence in the Church of the living God. In like manner, all our service to God must be carried out in love and deep humility for Him who first loved us with an everlasting love. We ought to make the end of one service the beginning of another as appointed us by our Master and Lord. Evangelising the sinner, restoring backsliders, and edifying the saints will enable us to build up the Body of Christ.
*"THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: After we have done His will, He’ll say, well done."*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Oritsejafor Dances Joyously As CAN Honours Him With Thanksgiving Service / Renouncing My Christian Faith / Pastor Eno: A Woman’s Role In Her Husband’s House Is To Increase His Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.