Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY (920 Views)

Musa And Enyeama Make Final-5 Shortlist For CAF APOTY / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / African Footballers That Never Won Apoty Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by safarigirl(f): 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
According to his fans, Yaya Toure should win CAF APOTY for the following reasons:

1. He has scored 12 goals for Man City- if it's easy, you go score 12 goals now.

2. He has been scoring amazing free-kicks- Even CR7 never smell Toure skills in free-kick. Who better to win than a man with the best free-kicks.

3. He was nominated for FIFA Ballon d'Or- doesn't matter whether it was top 10 or top 50, the oyibos said he's good, he's good.

4. He has been scoring goals since he joined City- what other criteria is necessary? Anyone that doesn't score at least 10 goals per season shouldn't win APOTY. Even goalies MUST score.

5. HE HAS SCORED 12 GOALS SO FAR FOR MAN CITY- In case you didn't read point one. He has scored 12 in half a season and over 20 in 2013. Only Messi, CR7, Ribery, Neymar, Suarez, Falcao, Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Aguero, and about 40 other strikers/mid-fielders in the world have better records.

What else do we need in Africa's best? Trophies? No, winning trophies is a waste of time, football shouldn't even be a team sport anymore, let's just flood the fields with those who score goals, it's not like anyone would miss the goalies, defenders, or mid-fielders. What do those guys do anyways? We need not honor them, let them slave off for the team while all the accolades go to those who score goals. No need to argue against my points because I know I'm right. In the words of Yungsix, if you have an opinion, this is the best time to keep it to yourself

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by harlos: 3:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
With all his goals how many trophies has he won for Man city since he joined the club
Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by LadyH(f): 4:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
safarigirl: According to his fans, Yaya Toure should win CAF APOTY for the following reasons: 1. He has scored 12 goals for Man City- if it's easy, you go score 12 goals now. 2. He has been scoring amazing free-kicks- Even CR7 never smell Toure skills in free-kick. Who better to win than a man with the best free-kicks. 3. He was nominated for FIFA Ballon d'Or- doesn't matter whether it was top 10 or top 50, the oyibos said he's good, he's good. 4. He has been scoring goals since he joined City- what other criteria is necessary? Anyone that doesn't score at least 10 goals per season shouldn't win APOTY. Even goalies MUST score. 5. HE HAS SCORED 12 GOALS SO FAR FOR MAN CITY- In case you didn't read point one. He has scored 12 in half a season and over 20 in 2013. Only Messi, CR7, Ribery, Neymar, Suarez, Falcao, Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Aguero, and about 40 other strikers/mid-fielders in the world have better records. What else do we need in Africa's best? Trophies? No, winning trophies is a waste of time, football shouldn't even be a team sport anymore, let's just flood the fields with those who score goals, it's not like anyone would miss the goalies, defenders, or mid-fielders. What do those guys do anyways? We need not honor them, let them slave off for the team while all the accolades go to those who score goals. No need to argue against my points because I know I'm right. In the words of Yungsix, if you have an opinion, this is the best time to keep it to yourself
@bolded, imagine. dis geh na clown!

ion care hu wins. all I knw is, this was hilarious!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
Sarcasm!

Anyways, we all know the winner.
...and it's not the 5-goal Nigerian snail that plays for Chelsea.
Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:00am On Jan 07, 2014
To summarize the OP'S points in one sentence, SCORING GOALS IS NOT BEANS.

I wonder why Ejide broke his leg when the Italians wanted to kill him with shots during the friendly game at London. During substitution, he told Enyeama in the voice of Tuface: YOU DON'T WANNA GO DOWN THERE.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by Forzap: 7:23am On Jan 07, 2014
harlos: With all his goals how many trophies has he won for Man city since he joined the club

premier league nd fa cup...... Oya tell me anoda story
Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by harlos: 3:42pm On Jan 07, 2014
Forza p:

premier league nd fa cup...... Oya tell me anoda story
Now tell me how many trophies has Mikel won with chelsea even without his scoring ability ?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by xtervaganza(m): 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
Safari girl.....na love want titi Mikel do u Oo

I want him to win too but I won't lose sleep if he loses to Yaya.

Whoever wins it deserves it

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by Radiokilar: 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
xtervaganza: Safari girl.....na love want titi Mikel do u Oo

I want him to win too but I won't lose sleep if he loses to Yaya.

Whoever wins it deserves it
@op caf go give mikel no fget sey naija na d venue.lagos for dat matter agboro-mikel-chelsea fans no go brake dem head@CAF BETTA TINK TWICE
Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by OohMpaTM: 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
See this clown..
So who should win? Mikel?
because he won nations cup?
because he won Europa league with little or no impact?

Then Ooh Mpa guess that Canaavaro deserves his world best cos he won the world cup? undecided
Or messi didn't because he didn't win la liga after breaking records? undecided

Mention one midfielder in the EPL that's better than Yaya Toure last year and I'll give you 10 that were better than Mikel

You don't play less than half of the games in a full calendar year and expect to get accolades just because you entered the CAF Xi..
Which games will they judge you with? The cup that ended 11 months ago? What happened in the remaining year?
If it's only national achievements, then I woulda given it to Zambia's captain that year na..

The last time I checked, It's not African player with trophy of the year award. The award collates everything and Mikel's trophies just aren't enough to eclipse Yaya's amazing year

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by striker9(m): 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ooh Mpa™:
See this clown..

Then Ooh Mpa guess that Canaavaro deserves his world best cos he won the world cup? undecided

Mention one midfielder in the EPL that's better than Yaya Toure last year and I'll give you 10 that were better than Mikel

You don't play less than half of the games in a full calendar year and expect to get accolades just because you entered the CAF Xi..
Which games will they judge you with? The cup that ended 11 months ago? What happened in the remaining year?
If it's only national achievements, then I woulda given it to Zambia's captain that year na..

The last time I checked, It's not African player with trophy of the year award. The award collates everything and Mikel's trophies just aren't enough to eclipse Yaya's amazing year

Even if Afcon was 11months ago,its still fell under the year 2013,abi CAF award starts from September ni??

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by safarigirl(f): 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ooh Mpa™:
See this clown..

Yaya Toure, is that you? Ejo, you have won this thing 2 times, I know you don't have many trophies so na only CAF dey give you hope, but just free the award for someone else, okay? Don't worry, next year dey.

You'll just have to assasinate Emenike, Enyeama, Aubameyang..but that shouldn't be much of a problem for you

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by harlos: 7:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
safarigirl: Yaya Toure, is that you? Ejo, you have won this thing 2 times, I know you don't have many trophies so na only CAF dey give you hope, but just free the award for someone else, okay? Don't worry, next year dey.

You'll just have to assasinate Emenike, Enyeama, Aubameyang..but that shouldn't be much of a problem for you
cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by OohMpaTM: 9:07pm On Jan 07, 2014
safarigirl: Yaya Toure, is that you? Ejo, you have won this thing 2 times, I know you don't have many trophies so na only CAF dey give you hope, but just free the award for someone else, okay? Don't worry, next year dey.

FOH
Go and play ten ten with your friends undecided You know nothing about football

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by babyboy3(m): 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
harlos:
Now tell me how many trophies has Mikel won with chelsea even without his scoring ability ?

Thank God Chelsea had Lampard, Drogba and Mata
Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by babyboy3(m): 9:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ooh Mpa™:
See this clown..

You couldn't put it any better!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by ebamma(m): 7:47am On Jan 08, 2014
Mikel doesn't deserve this award we all know this, he was not even our best player at afcon, neither was he a key player in chelsea's europa league winning team, i'll rather give that award to pitroipa, and if i was to give it to a nigerian, i'll settle for either omeruo or enyeama
Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by psalm68(m): 9:02am On Jan 08, 2014
ebamma: Mikel doesn't deserve this award we all know this, he was not even our best player at afcon, neither was he a key player in chelsea's europa league winning team, i'll rather give that award to pitroipa, and if i was to give it to a nigerian, i'll settle for either omeruo or enyeama
as pitropa no come dey the final list nko?se u go kuku collect the award as u be our best player ni?
Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by psalm68(m): 9:03am On Jan 08, 2014
harlos: With all his goals how many trophies has he won for Man city since he joined the club

pls help me ask them o
Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by bishophenry(m): 9:34am On Jan 08, 2014
pointless! pointless! pointless!
those goals are for man city, his performance is only restrictd to his club...
if it was england africa player or man city player of the year,blv me mikel ll even vote for him.
bt in africa/caf he has done nothing,i mean hell no so he should shun.
Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by OlamideOkadigbo(m): 7:37am On Jan 09, 2014
This year's player of the year is a close call btw Mikel and Yaya. It would even have been tougher if Enyeama was d 3rd contender. I think Drogba does not deserve to be in dat final list (that's a discussion for another day). Hmmm! We are looking at Mikel who finally came of age dis year, inspired the super eagles to d Afcon trophy, was instrumental to qualify dem for d world cup and he played well at d confedeartion's cup (how can i forget d beautiful goal he scored against Uruguay?). He even bossed d midfield in d confenderations cup against almighty spain with d likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Sergio Busquet on parade. On the other side, Yaya Toure keeps churning out spectacular performance for Mancity week-in, week-out. One of d best midfielders in d BPL by some miles. If not for VanPersie's special form last season, he would av fired city to d title last season. He has started dis season on d same note, tearing defences apart and scoring goals at will (as an Arsenal fan, I can testify to this).
Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by OlamideOkadigbo(m): 7:42am On Jan 09, 2014
Both of dem av their deficiencies too. Mikel has not really been important for Chelsea dis year. He rarely featured for Rafael Benitez earlier in d year, he has not been a regular under Mourinho too. Yaya Toure was also very poor for his country in dis year's Afcon. He was part of a largely disappointing Ivorian side. Hmm! Too close to call. I am a patriotic Nigerian and I would love Mikel to win but I wont hold anything against Caf if Yaya wins it cos dey both desrve it.
Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by BrutusOj(m): 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
ebamma: Mikel doesn't deserve this award we all know this, he was not even our best player at afcon, neither was he a key player in chelsea's europa league winning team, i'll rather give that award to pitroipa, and if i was to give it to a nigerian, i'll settle for either omeruo or enyeama
..Ur just an INGRATE

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by xtervaganza(m): 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2014
BrutusOj: ..Ur just an INGRATE
how? Did Mikel give him more or helped his family? Did Mikel play for eagles for free?
Re: 5 Reasons Yaya Toure Should Win 2013 CAF APOTY by psalmdave(m): 2:59pm On Jan 10, 2014
toure doesnt only score goals,he splits play,power house of his team,assist goals,great at freekicks,deadly on counter plays.eases pressure,cover up for his defenders,a hot cake in aerial duels,he is also great with both feet.....for ones in this afoty issue,lets talk about football,nt fanboy,tribalism,PART OF D TEAM THAT WON SO SO SO TROPHY(WHAT MAKES U STAND OUT IN THAT TEAM) No one is saying trophy is not important

(1) (Reply)

Manchester City Are Closing In On A Deal For Central Midfielder Chidi Nwakali / Injury Scare For Ronaldo After Super Cup Win / What Is Your Favourite Vincent Enyeama Moment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.