Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

See Yourself Strong, Healthy, Successful, Prosperous Etc - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See Yourself Strong, Healthy, Successful, Prosperous Etc (523 Views)

Ramadan: Best Way To Break Your Fasting, Stay Healthy / Having Jesus Doesn't Mean You Will Be Prosperous Or Rich / What Is a Healthy, Successful Marriage Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See Yourself Strong, Healthy, Successful, Prosperous Etc by sidespin: 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
SEE YOURSELF STRONG, HEALTHY, SUCCESSFUL, PROSPEROUS ETC

One Christmas Eve I was busy preparing a sermon when an urgent telephone call came in the early morning hours of Christmas day. A doctor calling from Seoul National Hospital asked, ‘’Are you Pastor Cho?’’ ‘’Yes I am’’ I replied. ‘’One of your members is dying. He was in a car accident. A taxi driver hit him, then he drove around all through the night with him in the back seat.’’

In Korea at that time, if someone was hit & killed by a taxi, the taxi driver would only have to pay the sum of $2,500, & then he would be cleared of all financial obligations. However, if the victim was injured & lived, then the driver would have to pay all of the medical & hospital bills. So, if a driver hit someone & no one saw the accident, he would drive that person around until he or she died. It would be cheaper for him.

The church member had just bought a beautiful hat & other gifts for his wife. He was so carried away with the joy of giving her these presents that he jay-walked across the street without observing the traffic light & was hit by a taxi. Since it was late in the evening & it seemed that no one saw the accident, this taxi driver carried the injured man in his car throughout the evening. The man did not die & eventually a policeman caught the taxi & took the injured man to the hospital. The impact of the accident had badly impaired the man’s intestines. His stomach was full of dirt & blood, & blood poisoning had already set in.

His doctor knew me & called, saying, ‘’Dr. Cho, should we operate on him? Medically speaking, it’s hopeless. He was without medical attention for such a long time & now blood poisoning has set in. there is nothing we can do.’’ But I said, ‘’You go ahead & operate on him & as soon as I finish the Christmas sermon, I’ll hurry to the hospital.’’

After the Christmas service I rushed to the emergency room of Seoul National University Hospital & there he was, totally unconscious. The doctor repeated again there was no hope. ‘’Reverend, don’t expect anything. He is dying. We can do nothing. When we opened his abdomen, 3 areas of his intestines had been completely severed, & these areas were filled with excrement & dirt. There is no hope.’’

I replied, ‘’Well, I’ll try to do my best.’’ In his room, I knelt beside him & prayed: ‘’Lord God, give me only 5mins. Let him come out of the coma for 5mins.’’ As I was praying I felt him moving. I opened my eyes & the man opened his eyes. ‘’Oh, Pastor, I’m dying’’ he cried.

Knowing that I had 5mins, I replied, don’t say that. As long as you are saying you will die, you can’t have faith. You must think of living through this ordeal. Change your thinking. The only way to take control over this 3rd dimensional situation is through your faith, which will give you visions & dreams of being well again. Think wholeness! Listen to me. Picture a healthy young man saying goodbye to his wife. He’s in the full bloom of youth & health. He goes to his office & completes his business successfully. All the people respect & admire him. Evening arrives & he stops enroute home to purchase gifts for his wife. She’s waiting for him to come home so that they can have dinner together. When he arrives, she rushes out to the gate & welcomes him with a big hug & kiss. They go into the house & share a delicious meal together & a quiet evening at home.

‘’The man I am talking about is no stranger. That man is you! Think of that man! Draw that picture in your mind. Look at that man & say in your heart, ‘I am that man!’ ‘’ ‘’Don’t draw a picture of death. Don’t form a picture of a dead corpse. Keep dreaming about that man, & I will do the praying. You just draw a mental picture & leave the praying to me. Will you do that?’’

‘’Yes, pastor, I’ll change my thinking. I’ll believe that I am that man. I’ll try to make that vision & dream a reality. I see it! He cried. While we were talking, the surgeon came in with his nurses. They started giggling & laughing at me. They probably thought I had lost my mind. But I was serious. I knew the law of the Spirit’s 4th dimension & that man had begun to speak in the language of the Holy Spirit. like a missionary on a foreign field who gains a deeper level of communication with the local people of that country by learning to speak their language directly instead of using an interpreter, so that dying had learned the language of the Holy Spirit – to see himself completely well & believe it would happen.

As I knelt down & grabbed hold of his bed, I prayed, ‘’Dear Holy Spirit, you are the Healer in the world today. Now he speaks your language. He has a vision & a dream of being completely healed & restored. Place your healing upon his physical body & take control. I command this man to be whole & to be filled with healing power!’’ Suddenly the group of unbelieving nurses said, ‘’This room is hot. The heat is too high.’’

But the weather was not very cold outside. The room was not unreasonably hot. It was the power of the Holy Spirit at work healing this man. The surgeon & the nurses said they began to feel fire. Their ears turned red & the power of God became so strong that we even felt the bed trembling. What happened? Both the sick man & I had released faith & the Holy Spirit worked in response to that faith. The Holy Spirit took control & healing took place! We spoke the language of the Holy Spirit & He manifested healing.

Amazingly, in one week that man rose up & walked out of the hospital. He is now in the chemical business & doing wonderfully. Whenever I see him on Sunday morning sitting in the balcony, I say to myself, ‘’Praise God! Because we spoke the same language as the Holy Spirit spoke, He created the healing!! ‘’Hallelujah! (David Yonggi Cho)

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Digital Quran Needed / I Am A Jealous God. / Pls Answer This Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.