Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

The Extent Of Restitution - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Extent Of Restitution (1753 Views)

Age Falsification: How Do I Make Restitution? / What Is The Extent Of Faith? / The Reality Of Restitution –when, How , Why……….. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Extent Of Restitution by Faith93: 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
on a sunday morning I was preparing for church when I heard, on the radio that about 15 born again Christians who returned back their waec result earned via cheating as they could not live with the ''sin''...believing, that was the fair way, they could restitute back such evil act..then it got to me, so many students,involve themselves in this act (cheating), especially on subject they found difficult... And eventually some of them began to believe in themselves and avoided such evil by studying hard and passing their exams by their own selves through out their days in the institution,believing also that doing away with exam malpractice would settle the past(what they had done before) and make God proud of them. Well I ask, do they stand justified ..or is restitution the only way to go about it?
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Faith93: 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
please y'all I need ur replies..I'd like to see ur views about this topic.
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by odizeey(m): 9:34pm On Jan 06, 2014
dat is not restitution,i dnt knw wat dey did,mayb na attention,wat abt d benefits dat came wit d cert,will d return dem
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Soloter(m): 10:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
Sir, if these brethren have followed the steps of BRO. Zaccheus in the Scripture whose act was approved of by Christ Himself, then who are we to question the decision of fellow sojourners like Zaccheus? this is to the glory of God, not all can do it. Joseph resisted Potiphar's wife for a long time, David went up and saw an unclad woman bathing from a distance. If you're a Bible student, think about the reactions of these people.
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by odizeey(m): 10:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
Soloter: Sir, if these brethren have followed the steps of BRO. Zaccheus in the Scripture whose act was approved of by Christ Himself, then who are we to question the decision of fellow sojourners like Zaccheus? this is to the glory of God, not all can do it. Joseph resisted Potiphar's wife for a long time, David went up and saw a naked bathing woman from a distance. If you're a Bible student, think about the reactions of these people.
zacheus returned d wealth he stole from ppl,n did it wit interest,n u r telling me dey followed him,if dey went to uni wit d cert let dem return d bsc cert too,deir job too,etc
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Faith93: 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
odizeey: dat is not restitution,i dnt knw wat dey did,mayb na attention,wat abt d benefits dat came wit d cert,will d return dem
yea dats tru, wat about the benefit they gt Frm d certificate; but are u saying what they did, isn't restitution, Or are u saying they should have been a better way to go about it? Or lemme say how would you have handled it, if it were u?
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Faith93: 10:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
Soloter: Sir, if these brethren have followed the steps of BRO. Zaccheus in the Scripture whose act was approved of by Christ Himself, then who are we to question the decision of fellow sojourners like Zaccheus? this is to the glory of God, not all can do it. Joseph resisted Potiphar's wife for a long time, David went up and saw an unclad woman bathing from a distance. If you're a Bible student, think about the reactions of these people.
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Soloter(m): 10:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
odizeey: zacheus returned d wealth he stole from ppl,n did it wit interest,n u r telling me dey followed him,if dey went to uni wit d cert let dem return d bsc cert too,deir job too,etc
My relation went as far as 200 levels with a WAEC result he got through cheating, upon accepting Christ as His Lord and saviour, he left the university (Unimaid) came back, wrote ssce up to three times before he finally went back to school to read Law where he's about to graduate. Bro, this is not for every body.
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by odizeey(m): 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
Faith93: yea dats tru, wat about the benefit they gt Frm d certificate; but are u saying what they did, isn't restitution, Or are u saying they should have been a better way to go about it? Or lemme say how would you have handled it, if it were u?
u dnt restitue waec result,use ur imagination,its hard to explain,except dey ddnt use it for anytn,its useless to dem. Me i use runs write,but nw i say i no go do am again,e no mean say i go return am. Tk for example,a guy raped a girl,n he is nw in Christ,will he tell d girl to rape him bk or mayb he will cut his man hood?
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Faith93: 10:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
Soloter: Sir, if these brethren have followed the steps of BRO. Zaccheus in the Scripture whose act was approved of by Christ Himself, then who are we to question the decision of fellow sojourners like Zaccheus? this is to the glory of God, not all can do it. Joseph resisted Potiphar's wife for a long time, David went up and saw an unclad woman bathing from a distance. If you're a Bible student, think about the reactions of these people.
yea I get your point dear, but what about those who try to clean up their mess by not engaging in such act anymre, having to do away with it(malpractise) nd doing every exam dey cum across by dere own, do u tink dey still need to restitute?
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by odizeey(m): 10:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
Soloter: My relation went as far as 200 levels with a WAEC result he got through cheating, upon accepting Christ as His Lord and saviour, he left the university (Unimaid) came back, wrote ssce up to three times before he finally went back to school to read Law where he's about to graduate. Bro, this is not for every body.
na understanding my bro. Some people say to rich na bad thing,n dey use dat bible passage of camel n needle,if dey die poor n live holy,dey will mk heaven,so as dose that r rich n r living in Christ
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Soloter(m): 10:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
Faith93: yea I get your point dear, but what about those who try to clean up their mess by not engaging in such act anymre, having to do away with it(malpractise) nd doing every exam dey cum across by dere own, do u tink dey still need to restitute?
I don't understand you.
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Soloter(m): 10:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
odizeey: na understanding my bro. Some people say to rich na bad thing,n dey use dat bible passage of camel n needle,if dey die poor n live holy,dey will mk heaven,so as dose that r rich n r living in Christ
It's not understanding, it's a matter of conscience and eternity.
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by odizeey(m): 10:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
Soloter: It's not understanding, it's a matter of conscience and eternity.
i cnt argue my bro,ur mind is made up already.
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Faith93: 10:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
odizeey: u dnt restitue waec result,use ur imagination,its hard to explain,except dey ddnt use it for anytn,its useless to dem. Me i use runs write,but nw i say i no go do am again,e no mean say i go return am. Tk for example,a guy raped a girl,n he is nw in Christ,will he tell d girl to rape him bk or mayb he will cut his man hood?
odizeey, that example u gave is also restituting..but i believe its all about the guidiance of the holyspirit..because we need the holy spirit to direct us in the right way we must go....my own point of view is that doing what is right counts, you can go tru (philippians4:eight) there u'd knw wat am tolkn about..evrything should also be done with wisdom...as the bible has stated it being the principle thing...tnx for u contribution.
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Faith93: 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
Soloter: I don't understand you.
I mean is that the only way to go about restitution when we talk about exam malpractise?
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Oluwatola5(f): 2:09am On Jan 07, 2014
Concerning the issue of restitution one has got to be very careful not to be led by the flesh or by ones emotions. If you arent duly led by the Holy-Spirit i will say you are on your own and anything you see, you brought it upon yourself.

Take for an example, a man who used to have sexual intercourse with his neighbour's wife now peradventure meets Christ and he is led by his burdened and disturbed emotions to confess to the husband about what he used to do with the man's wife. If such a person doesnt put the Holy-Spirit in His rightful place in this issue, he is at the risk of;

1. Loosing his life(Yes! Is the man is the violent type then he should believe he is as good as dead)

2. Breaking up a home. If the neighbour isnt the forgiving type then the newly-saved brother may likely live with another added burden for the rest of his life of being the one who caused the tempestuous storm in a once-peaceful or semi-peaceful family.

3. What if the husband of the woman is the diabolical type? How far have you grown in God and in faith to be able to gain victory when the battle becomes fierce.

Is just that most people even after God has forgiven them wouldnt let go of the guilty-conscience and will not forgive themselves. Making them remain in eternal bondage. I am not sure tho, but i dont believe all restitutions can be done.

I personally feel that if you arent led by the Holy-Spirit, dont do it, make peace first with your creator and find peace within, if you can't and you feel the Holy-Spirit wants you to restitute, then nothing stops you again, the H/Spirit will take pre-eminent control.

2 Likes

Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Faith93: 4:43am On Jan 07, 2014
Oluwatola5: Concerning the issue of restitution one has got to be very careful not to be led by the flesh or by ones emotions. If you arent duly led by the Holy-Spirit i will say you are on your own and anything you see, you brought it upon yourself.

Take for an example, a man who used to have sexual intercourse with his neighbour's wife now peradventure meets Christ and he is led by his burdened and disturbed emotions to confess to the husband about what he used to do with the man's wife. If such a person doesnt put the Holy-Spirit in His rightful place in this issue, he is at the risk of;

1. Loosing his life(Yes! Is the man is the violent type then he should believe he is as good as dead)

2. Breaking up a home. If the neighbour isnt the forgiving type then the newly-saved brother may likely live with another added burden for the rest of his life of being the one who caused the tempestuous storm in a once-peaceful or semi-peaceful family.

3. What if the husband of the woman is the diabolical type? How far have you grown in God and in faith to be able to gain victory when the battle becomes fierce.

Is just that most people even after God has forgiven them wouldnt let go of the guilty-conscience and will not forgive themselves. Making them remain in eternal bondage. I am not sure tho, but i dont believe all restitutions can be done.

I personally feel that if you arent led by the Holy-Spirit, dont do it, make peace first with your creator and find peace within, if you can't and you feel the Holy-Spirit wants you to restitute, then nothing stops you again, the H/Spirit will take pre-eminent control.
100likes for this....everything should be done through the holyspirit nd not by man's decision or idea..tnx for contributing dear.
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Pokemon43(f): 7:08am On Jan 07, 2014
If d holy spirit instructed them to do dat,then it is restitution without any doubt and we can't question God,for who hath known d mind of God or had been his councellor?it is better we all restitute all that we have in or d oda stolen or taken,i for one am not exempted,for these things dat we c and take as things dat do not mata matters alot with God,for his words says we will all given account of every careless words we utter and we shall give account of all we av done,so we all should restitute now while we still av d time for tomorrow may be 2 late

2 Likes

Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Soloter(m): 8:40am On Jan 07, 2014
Oluwatola5: Concerning the issue of restitution one has got to be very careful not to be led by the flesh or by ones emotions. If you arent duly led by the Holy-Spirit i will say you are on your own and anything you see, you brought it upon yourself.

The believer here doesn't have anything to do with the woman's husband. he only needs to make amends by telling the woman "sorry, we were into a wrong relationship but it can't continue again now that I've known My saviour " .
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by odizeey(m): 8:51am On Jan 07, 2014
Soloter: The believer here doesn't have anything to do with the woman's husband. he only needs to make amends by telling the woman "sorry, we were into a wrong relationship but it can't continue again now that I've known My saviour " .
is sorry restitution?
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Soloter(m): 9:06am On Jan 07, 2014
Point of Correction!
@op failed to make one thing clear to us. The believers were not the ones that chose to return the certificates, they confessed their sins to God and to WAEC, the council then said if you cheated as you confessed then return the certificates - that was why they returned those certificates. The best thing the council was supposed to do was to say, "go, you're forgiven, after all there are millions there including some of us in the council that are guilty of this sin" but they chose the path engineered by the devil to cause colossal but earthly loss to these brethren and also to discourage others who have such intention in the future. the council members who made the decision to ask those brethren to return the certificates were aware that by doing so, the born again Christians will loose their jobs and other benefits which to these 'Josephs, Daniels, Meshacks etc.', are nothing but mundane things that shouldn't mar their pilgrimage history.

1 Like

Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Soloter(m): 9:18am On Jan 07, 2014
odizeey: is sorry restitution?
Yes! If you kill a man, or committed a crime that can't be compensated, it is expected that you show remorse. even the earthly courts of judgment often speak of remorse during judgment delivery. sorry is same as remorse.
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by odizeey(m): 9:23am On Jan 07, 2014
Soloter: Yes! If you kill a man, or committed a crime that can't be compensated, it is expected that you show remorse. even the earthly courts of judgment often speak of remorse during judgment delivery. sorry is same as remorse.
ok o
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Faith93: 9:29am On Jan 07, 2014
Soloter: Point of Correction!
@op failed to make one thing clear to us. The believers were not the ones that chose to return the certificates, they confessed their sins to God and to WAEC, the council then said if you cheated as you confessed then return the certificates - that was why they returned those certificates. The best thing the council was supposed to do was to say, "go, you're forgiven, after all there are millions there including some of us in the council that are guilty of this sin" but they chose the path engineered by the devil to cause colossal but earthly loss to these brethren and also to discourage others who have such intention in the future. the council members who made the decision to ask those brethren to return the certificates were aware that by doing so, the born again Christians will loose their jobs and other benefits which to these 'Josephs, Daniels, Meshacks etc.', are nothing but mundane things that shouldn't mar their pilgrimage history.
I never said they did it by their own will.. If u could read it over again you would understand it more....what am trying to say is some people believe that even when they have asked for God's mercy....which we all know He would forgive us, they still feel guilty within because they don't have the faith that they have been saved and so they go about doing things their own way and not through direction of the holy spirit.
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Faith93: 10:12am On Jan 07, 2014
well have gotten some of your points@ all,but regaardless of everything restitution is very important even in it little way....u knw, some things we do in life may seem insignificant bt its important we do them..so that they will be noted by our heavenly father, I will say again, its all about wisdom...for it is the principle thing...restitution isn't something we should do by our own as a result of the way we see its definition but should be done through the help of the holyspirit, so that we can understand the way we must go..thank you all for ur coMments, many of you viewing pls I'd like you to contribute...share ur views on the topic..tnx!
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Soloter(m): 10:33am On Jan 07, 2014
Hi, everyone in the forum. assuming you were an armed robber, you went to a family, killed the bread winner, carted away the entire family's treasure which is the basis of your affluent lifestyle and now you are born again. what will you do? note 1. the family is in the neighborhood. 2. Heaven demands you must preach to them.
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by odizeey(m): 10:40am On Jan 07, 2014
Soloter: Hi, everyone in the forum. assuming you were an armed robber, you went to a family, killed the bread winner, carted away the entire family's treasure which is the basis of your affluent lifestyle and now you are born again. what will you do? note 1. the family is in the neighborhood. 2. Heaven demands you must preach to them.
u dnt just go like dat,u go wit ur pastor,ask for forgiveness,n dnt forget to go on d direction of God
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Oluwatola5(f): 1:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
Soloter: The believer here doesn't have anything to do with the woman's husband. he only needs to make amends by telling the woman "sorry, we were into a wrong relationship but it can't continue again now that I've known My saviour " .
Common, a man and his wife are one, if your married partner is cheating on you with someone else, she isnt only offending God, but also YOU! So you mean if your partner cheats on you in marriage, restitution doesnt demand you being told? If you arent told then it isnt restitution...
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Oluwatola5(f): 1:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
Faith93: 100likes for this....everything should be done through the holyspirit nd not by man's decision or idea..tnx for contributing dear.
You are welcome dear, missing you so much!!!
Re: The Extent Of Restitution by Faith93: 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2014
Oluwatola5: You are welcome dear, missing you so much!!!
I miss u more dear...

(1) (Reply)

Newly-found Document Holds Eyewitness Account Of Jesus Performing Miracle - See / Shocking!7-year Old Girl Reveals That T.B Joshua, & Others Will Not Make Heaven / Photo: Woman Lashed For Getting Raped...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.