Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,157 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year (831 Views)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by timbros(m): 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
In few days time, in a gala (+La Casera?) event to be held in Lagos, the CAF African footballer of the Year will be announced.

Who deserves the crown? Drogba? Mikel? Toure?

Well its not in our power to choose, but for the fun of it, we can vote here in Nairaland and know who 'should' be Africa's best.

Since we do not have 'voting' option anymore, "like" any of the nominees below. Any name with most likes by 6pm January 9th will be declared "Nairaland's African Footballer of the Year"!

Without much ado, let the likes/comments/yabbings/critics flow! grin

N.B: Mods do the needful OR go n die grin
Abeg na joke o. Front page biko!
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by timbros(m): 7:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
Didier Drogba

Ivory Coast/Galatasaray
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by timbros(m): 7:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
John Obi Mikel

Nigeria/Chelsea

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by timbros(m): 7:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
Yaya Toure

Ivory Coast/Manchester City

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by ehmasjet(m): 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by Josh1992: 7:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
please what's d question again...#SoakingMy GariWithJoy

Mikel deserves it if p*p s not involved

1 Like

Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by CaptJHMiller: 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
U did not do it well...
This is what u should have done..
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by CaptJHMiller: 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ooops!!
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by CaptJHMiller: 7:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
Oooops!
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by CaptJHMiller: 7:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ooops!!
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by zicoraads: 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
John Michael Obi of Nigeria and Chelsea FC. How pple dey reason sef? Yaya Toure? This award is given based on their performances last year. Mikel was an integral part of Chelsea's Europa winning team...he even scored goals. (For those asking for the number of matches he played..google it). He was also part of the teamthat won the afcon and performed brilliantly. Wetin Yaya do in the season under review? Infact...Moses merits that list more than yaya and drogba. Yaya's form Onli started in Oct last yr and den sum ignorant peeps are shouting his name. Na just last august una start dey watch ball? Enyeama is doing great..all he needs do is just keep up the good performances and he will be a strong contender for next year as so should have been Yaya toure.
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 06, 2014
timbros: John Obi Mikel

Nigeria/Chelsea
Naija made
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by OmolodMilkman93(m): 9:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
Yaya Toure my man
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by Udeme288(m): 9:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
John Obi Mikel, de nkpakala mozo of whatever(forgive d spelling) ..... he deserves it. who won the midfield battle in AFCON? what of chelsea man city? i wonder why people still de pop alomo bitters by this time
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
mikel all the way jor
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by safarigirl(f): 9:52pm On Jan 06, 2014
timbros: CAPTAIN John Obi Mikel

Nigeria/Chelsea
my friend next time you want to address a midfield maestro like Mikel add 'Captain', it's not easy to win AFCON and Europa league in one year, no other African apart from Moses achieved 2 continental trophies in 2013 so you need to address the BABA himself with respect, no dey talk him name anyhow. It's John Mikel Obi #CAPTAIN, LEADER, LEGEND (coming soon)
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by Forzap: 10:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
YAYA best all d way cheesy
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by AbuMikey(m): 11:12pm On Jan 06, 2014

»»»Obi«««

Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by timbros(m): 7:12am On Jan 07, 2014
safarigirl: my friend next time you want to address a midfield maestro like Mikel add 'Captain', it's not easy to win AFCON and Europa league in one year, no other African apart from Moses achieved 2 continental trophies in 2013 so you need to address the BABA himself with respect, no dey talk him name anyhow. It's John Mikel Obi #CAPTAIN, LEADER, LEGEND (coming soon)

lol
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by timbros(m): 7:14am On Jan 07, 2014
Keep the likes coming!
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by striker9(m): 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
Enyeama 2013

AFCON TROPHY
AFCON BEST 11-Best Goalkeeper
ISRAEL LEAGUE
FRENCH PLAYER OF THE MONTH-OCTOBER
FRENCH PLAYER OF THE MONTH-NOVEMBER

Mikel 2013

AFCON TROPHY
EUROPA LEAGUE
AFCON BEST 11

Drogba 2013

TURKISH SUPER LEAGUE

YAYA 2013
Indomie Instant Noodles

1 Like

Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by psalmdave(m): 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2014
I get the ball,anyone i see right i pass it to that person,i get the ball again,anyone i see left,i pass it to that person,i get get the ball ones again but i see everyone forward,no one is left nor right.....a thought comes to my head,*but if i play it forward,the opposition might take the ball,let me not risk it o,I will give it to men behind me,let the worse happen after all,i am very good at marking*

Yes thats me the best player in africa
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by striker9(m): 2:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
psalmdave: I get the ball,anyone i see right i pass it to that person,i get the ball again,anyone i see left,i pass it to that person,i get get the ball ones again but i see everyone forward,no one is left nor right.....a thought comes to my head,*but if i play it forward,the opposition might take the ball,let me not risk it o,I will give it to men behind me,let the worse happen after all,i am very good at marking*

Yes me the best player in africa
Yes,just like he did against Ivory coast.
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by timbros(m): 3:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
psalmdave: I get the ball,anyone i see right i pass it to that person,i get the ball again,anyone i see left,i pass it to that person,i get get the ball ones again but i see everyone forward,no one is left nor right.....a thought comes to my head,*but if i play it forward,the opposition might take the ball,let me not risk it o,I will give it to men behind me,let the worse happen after all,i am very good at marking*

Yes thats me the best player in africa

Hahaha bro. You got me laughing really hard here...

But seriously, Mikel is much better than your above description.
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by psalmdave(m): 4:01pm On Jan 07, 2014
timbros:

Hahaha bro. You got me laughing really hard here...

But seriously, Mikel is much better than your above description.
lol.....i did nt even mention his namegrin
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by timbros(m): 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2014
psalmdave: lol.....i did nt even mention his namegrin

lol...everyone knows who you are refering to.
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by reyjay(m): 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2014
Mikel undecided wetin mikel sabi....Yaya joh
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by timbros(m): 2:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
Today is the day. Vote now!
Re: Nairaland African Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
make i quick comment before 1st page pass me oooh grin. Nairaland's voting in progress. I voted for Mikel Obi grin

(1) (Reply)

33 Amazing Football Facts. / SHOCKING: Kaduna United Players Owed 12 Months Wages! / Pinnick And Giwa: Who Should Be In Charge Of Nff And Nigerian Football?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.