Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,154 members, 7,825,601 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Disproving The Igbo Obu Gad Philosophy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disproving The Igbo Obu Gad Philosophy (2056 Views)

Open Letter To Plateau State Governor By Comrade Gad / Civil War: Nigerian Troops Failed To Destroy Leader O. O. Obu And His Members / Governor God'swill Akpabio Declared Wanted By Olumba Olumba Obu ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Disproving The Igbo Obu Gad Philosophy by Dibiachukwu: 1:07am On Jan 07, 2014
Colossians 2

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the
tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Isaiah 34

16 Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail,
none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it
hath gathered them.

Genesis 30
10 And Zilpah Leah's maid bare Jacob a son.
11 And Leah said, A troop cometh: and she called his name Gad.

Igbos what is the meaning of GAD in Igbo. GAD is an Anglicised form of the ancient Hebrew (probably something along the lines of da te (Sir wake)).

According to this article http://iduueri./2010/06/18/obugad-the-house-of-gad/ Obugad was found in-scripted in an onyx stone in Nri. Let us assume that is true, what then is the meaning of GAD. Remember that name must make sense in both Nri Igbo and fit the description in genesis 30:11 (A troop commeth).

I decided to write about this because the same people that conspired to steal our people during the Atlantic slave trade (white people), and taught our people falsehood in the name of religion (that is not biblical); have come again. This time they have come as Jews (their Jewishness is not biblical), trying to get my people to worship devils; and thereby perpetuate their suffering. This falsehood has gone viral, even making it to CNN. I assure all perpetrators of this mischief, that they would receive their recompense. This is clearly a very wicked attempt to deceive the already suffering Igbos, who are understandably looking for succour from the travails of Nigeria and the world in general. He who has an ear, let him hear thus saith the lord - Proverbs 7

2 Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.

This is the punishment for following perverse doctrine - Romans 6

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through
Jesus Christ our Lord.

Note I have no doubt that a lot of Igbo are Jews that the bible speaks of. Just in case anybody wants to misquote me and drag this into a ridicule of my own people. I will never do that
Re: Disproving The Igbo Obu Gad Philosophy by MayorofLagos(m): 1:15am On Jan 07, 2014
Stop the blasphemy.

1 Share

Re: Disproving The Igbo Obu Gad Philosophy by TheBlue5: 1:04am On Apr 04, 2015
It does not matter what the meaning of 'Gad' in Igbo means. Why? Because the name 'Gad' on the onyx stone was NOT written in Igbo it was written in PALEO-HEBREW which is the original hebrew language!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Watch Amaechi On Focus Nigeria, Live On Ait. / Jonathan Has No Reason To Rig 2015 Polls – Oshiomhole / (PHOTOS) Funny pic of Wole Soyinka hunting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.