Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

"Atheists Are Free-thinkers" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" (705 Views)

Why I Choose To Die Today: Free Thinkers / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:05am On Jan 07, 2014
Someone Said: "Atheists are free-thinkers"

Response:

Anyone who believes that nothing created everything isn't a free-thinker. He is free from thinking. The Bible calls him a "fool" (see Psalm 14:1).

--> http:///Evolution-Vs-God-YouTube

2 Likes

Re: "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by raptureready: 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
@op Technically speaking, atheists are not free thinkers. They are two distinct schools.

Atheists believe God doesn't exist, and claim that as if they are sure.

Free thinkers agree God may exist, though they don't necessarily agree with your own definition of God. However they are not narrow minded and are more willing to explore possibilities.

Atheist would argue that God too had to come from something and if he made everything that means there was nothing before him - which me he too came from nothing = everything from nothing.

For some reason they are unable to unwrap their minds from the concept of time and realise that it is possible that God has always existed and as such has no "beginning".

They don't understand that "time" for all it's glory is just a conceptual measure of space and momentum. In their world everything must have a "beginning" and an "end".
Re: "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by jayriginal: 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
rapture_ready: @op Technically speaking, atheists are not free thinkers. They are two distinct schools.

Kindly name 5 on nairaland.
Re: "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
rapture_ready:

@op Technically speaking, atheists are not free thinkers. They are two distinct schools.

They would have to be omniscient to be certain of that.

rapture_ready:

Free thinkers agree God may exist, though they don't necessarily agree with your own definition of God. However they are not narrow minded and are more willing to explore possibilities.

That disqualifies atheists for being freethinkers. I think agnostics would be the proper word here since there are no atheists.

rapture_ready:

Atheist would argue that God too had to come from something and if he made everything that means there was nothing before him - which me he too came from nothing = everything from nothing.

That's were they are making the mistakes. They keep thinking that God is bound by the universe and that He is part of the chain of effects within time. Until they come to the realisation that God has always existed and is beyond time and is not part of the physical universe before they can get the gist.

rapture_ready:

For some reason they are unable to unwrap their minds from the concept of time and realise that it is possible that God has always existed and as such has no "beginning".

They don't understand that "time" for all it's glory is just a conceptual measure of space and momentum. In their world everything must have a "beginning" and an "end".

Very good observation. They are limited to time and space and cannot comprehend what eternity would be like.
Re: "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by raptureready: 2:05pm On Jan 07, 2014
jayriginal:
Kindly name 5 on nairaland.

I last had that argument with @rationalmind
Re: "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by jayriginal: 2:34pm On Jan 07, 2014
rapture_ready:

How many did you name then? You made a claim and Im asking you to back it up.
Re: "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
Freethinkers? undecided

Re: "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
rapture_ready:

what has the argument gotten to do with your claim?

You made a claim brah, defend it
Re: "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
Most atheists I know of don't say God doesnt exist with a 100 percent certainty.

What they say is, for all we know, it is highly improbable God exists.

Anyway, as for olaadegbu's threads, they always have same thing in common. Brilliant thread topic, stewpid first post.
Re: "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by libero00: 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
rationalmind: Most atheists I know of don't say God doesnt exist with a 100 percent certainty.
What they say is, for all we know, it is highly improbable God exists.
Anyway, as for olaadegbu's threads, they always have same thing in common. Brilliant thread topic, stewpid first post.
AGREED!

I think an interesting post would be one in which over 30 thousand christian denominations explain why their sect is the ONLY correct one and how the others are WRONG. battling in the name of the lord! grin
Re: "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by mazaje(m): 10:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
OLAADEGBU: Someone Said: "Atheists are free-thinkers"
Response:
Anyone who believes that nothing created everything isn't a free-thinker. He is free from thinking. The Bible calls him a "fool" (see Psalm 14:1).

I call the god of the bible a "fool" and any one who believes in the bible a "fool". . . .Atheist do not believe that nothing created anything so you remain a fools for telling lies against atheists. . .

2 Likes

Re: "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by macof(m): 11:54pm On Jan 07, 2014
libero00:
AGREED!

I think an interesting post would be one in which over 30 thousand christian denominations explain why their sect is the ONLY correct one and how the others are WRONG. battling in the name of the lord! grin

grin the holy spirit must be a confusionist
Re: "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:04am On Jan 08, 2014
mazaje:

I call the god of the bible a "fool" and any one who believes in the bible a "fool". . . .Atheist do not believe that nothing created anything so you remain a fools for telling lies against atheists. . .

God doesn't believe in atheists. cool

Re: "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 08, 2014

Response:

Whoever believe the most ridiculous story ever recorded... Noah's Ark is a big time fool and will probably remain a fool.

1 Like

Re: "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 08, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I hope you do not become hypertensive with your flying monster
Re: "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:31am On Jan 08, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

God is a fool.....he said there is no other God when there are.
Re: "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 08, 2014
libero00:
AGREED!

macof: the holy spirit must be a confusionist

grin grin each of them with flatly contradictory claims claiming to be the sole arbitrer of the truth.

And they dare call us fools. The joke is on them grin

1 Like

Re: "Atheists Are Free-thinkers" by jayriginal: 10:25am On Jan 08, 2014

Response:

Says the "faithfool".

(1) (Reply)

@JWs: Jesus Christ And Michael The Archangel According To The Bible (part 3) / Where Is Garden Of Eden. / Happy Raksha Bandhan 2014 Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.