Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do (638 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Nnamdi Azikiwe And Nkrumah In The 1960s / Why Did Azikiwe Reject Awolowo's Offer Of Prime Ministership In 1960? / Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by kel4soft: 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
With the derivation from Agriculture proceed accrued to them pre-state era i.e during regional government.

Why Awolowo was busy developing the Western and mid-western region with University and free education and creating institutions for them. Our so called leaders (Eastern region) then was busy collecting tax and oppressing the minorities (Ijaws, Ikwerres Efik etc). They made sure the minorities suffer. When my Grand Dad, a fisherman then, sail all day and night only for him to be apprehended by this selfish leaders at the shores for unnecessary tax without providing any amenities.

Awolowo helped in establishing the University of Ibadan in 1948, it took Azikiwe and Co more than 15years after to established a University in the eastern region, even later than Ahmadu Bello University.
They seized all our lands in Port Harcourt, imposing heavy fines on our people.

They (Zik and cronies) only developed the Igbo region ala Enugu. Citing all FG structures there. PH and the rest were left to the mercies of God. Untill Gowon created Rivers State in 1967. Your Azikiwe made sure the minorities suffered for been part of you people.

Now you want us to join you to actualise Biafra, so you can resume where your fore fathers stopped. No way! No way!

5 Likes

Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by atlwireles: 5:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
kel4soft: With the derivation from Agriculture proceed accrued to them pre-state era i.e during regional government.

Why Awolowo was busy developing the Western and mid-western region with University and free education and creating institutions for them. Our so called leaders (Eastern region) then was busy collecting tax and oppressing the minorities (Ijaws, Ikwerres Efik etc). They made sure the minorities suffer. When my Grand Dad, a fisherman then, sail all day and night only for him to be apprehended by this selfish leaders at the shores for unnecessary tax without providing any amenities.

Awolowo helped in establishing the University of Ibadan in 1948, it took Azikiwe and Co more than 15years after to established a University in the eastern region, even later than Ahmadu Bello University.
They seized all our lands in Port Harcourt, imposing heavy fines on our people.

They (Zik and cronies) only developed the Igbo region ala Enugu. Citing all FG structures there. PH and the rest were left to the mercies of God. Untill Gowon created Rivers State in 1967. Your Azikiwe made sure the minorities suffered for been part of you people.

Now you want us to join you to actualise Biafra, do you can resume your fore fathers stopped. No way! No way!

Never in your miserable life, ever say Awo developed the Midwestern region. Take your lies and impostor personality to hell.
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by saintneo(m): 5:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
Who built Presidential Hotel PH? Who constructed the Trans-Amadi Industrial layout? My memories are kinda vague.

Even my grandfather, a palmwine tapper/seller paid taxes and mehn suffering no be small thing. If only Enugu was developed, how come my father and his mates could not afford to pay their school fees? Why was it that most families in Igbo land usually had one educated person only during this period?

Kel4soft, you don dey make me vex seriously. I expect you to attack the corrupt mindset of our past leaders instead of the entire ndi Igbo.

BTW, I know this thread will hit FP.

1 Like

Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
Azikiwe even supported ONE NIGERIA at the expense of Biafra grin
Re: What Did Azikiwe And Michael Opara Do by Kponkwem(m): 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
saintneo: Who built Presidential Hotel PH? Who constructed the Trans-Amadi Industrial layout? My memories are kinda vague.

Even my grandfather, a palmwine tapper/seller paid taxes and mehn suffering no be small thing. If only Enugu was developed, how come my father and his mates could not afford to pay their school fees? Why was it that most families in Igbo land usually had one educated person only during this period?

Kel4soft, you don dey make me vex seriously. I expect you to attack the corrupt mindset of our past leaders instead of the entire ndi Igbo.

BTW, I know this thread will hit FP.

Even the Metropolitan Hotel Calabar, Obudu Cattle Ranch and numerous other achievements by Okpara govt.

Btw, this OP accepted East exists.

(1) (Reply)

Broadly Applicable To Nigeria As a Whole - Five (5) Lessons From #EkitiDecides / Hilary Clinton: We Created Al-qaeda / I Led The Attack That Killed Army Officers; Free My Men & I Will Bring Back Your

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.