Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? (1069 Views)

Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / My Friend Saw Her Late Mother In HELL FIRE :'( :'( / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? by lumeviewscom: 6:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
Thank You!

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? by vizkiz: 6:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
Mayb u shuld wait till u qet there undecided
Re: What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? by unmask: 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
yea good question....the devil won't actually be in hell, he should be on earth....cos his role is to lead as many as he can to hell
Re: What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? by BabaGnoni: 6:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
lumeviews.com:

Is the devil being tortured in hell

or is the devil taking care of hell and working for God to torture bad people
?

LOGICAL responses only.

Make sure you google "logical" in case you do not understand what a logical contribution entails.
Thank You!

@lumeviews.com

Neither to both

The devil will be just be a chained up temporary resident until when along with death and hell itself are ALL transferred and cast forever and for good into the lake of fire

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? by cryptic99: 6:39pm On Jan 07, 2014
You can't get logical responses from questions like these without taking care of a lot of premises - the existence of God, devil and hellfire and which religion is right about them.

If you're talking about the christian version then you're on a long thing because it's not made clear in the bible the role of the devil in hell so all you may get from people are conflicting views.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? by lumeviewscom: 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
vizkiz: Mayb u shuld wait till u qet there undecided

Haha... See who is going to heaven. Your signature says "Amma Killer". Hahahahahahaha!!!
Re: What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? by lumeviewscom: 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
BabaGnoni:

@lumeviews.com

Neither to both

The devil will be just be a chained up temporary resident until when along with death and hell itself are ALL transferred and cast forever and for good into the lake of fire

With due respect, I find this explanation unconvincing. The devil is chained where? Temporary resident where? I do not mean to sound ignorant but a critical look at religion never hurts if Christians can defend certain doctrines or theories if you wish. A losing battle?
Re: What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2014
I pray not to go to hell, all i know is that its not going to be pretty for those there . I careless about the role d devil plays. Im not concerned
Re: What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? by BabaGnoni: 7:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
lumeviews.com:

With due respect, I find this explanation unconvincing.

The devil is chained where? Temporary resident where?

I do not mean to sound ignorant but a critical look at religion never hurts if Christians can defend certain doctrines or theories if you wish.

A losing battle
?

@lumeviews.com

Respect reciprocated

I understand
(i.e. meaning understand you finding the explanation unconvincing)

Your question in real sense, actually warranted binary responses (e.g. Yes and No, No and Yes, Yes to both accounts or No to both)

Theology has a lot to with blind faith (i.e. believing) first afterwards convincing comes into play as needed.

If the odds are stacked against the devil as glaring as it is, I wouldn't wager on losing battle(s)

Hell is a bus stop, lake of fire is the terminus lumeviews.com,

that is kindergarten theology for crying out loud angry angry angry

Brush up on your theology lumeviews.com
Re: What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? by lumeviewscom: 7:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
unmask: yea good question....the devil won't actually be in hell, he should be on earth....cos his role is to lead as many as he can to hell

Why is it that when a kid asks "what happens when we die?" Many would talk about heaven/hell so that the kids are scared into being good?

Isn't it just easier to tell them, "look, when you die, it's game over"!
Re: What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? by tobechi74: 7:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
Is the devil in hell? No!
Re: What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? by lumeviewscom: 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2014
BabaGnoni:

@lumeviews.com

Respect reciprocated

If the odds are stacked against the devil as glaring as it is, I [b]wouldn't wager on losing battle
(s)

Hell is a bus stop, lake of fire is the terminus lumeviews.com,

that is kindergarten theology for crying out loud angry angry angry

Brush up on your theology lumeviews.com

After your rant above, I want to point out that by "Losing Battle", I was referring to the ability of Christians to defend theories like this. Not some evangelical war of the heavens between good and evil. God and Devil.

Which brings us nicely into my next point. You speak about kindergaten theology but you believe there's a fire bus stop waiting to consume people. Ironic!

From a Christian's perspective, one would tend to think his Father in heaven will have even more compassion than the biological father on earth here. But still, such a caring Father in heaven will throw his beloveth children into a lake of fire as punishment. Can your real father on earth throw you in a pit of fire over the worst thing you have ever done in your life? I truly find this baffling and do not mean to come across as aggressive.
Re: What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? by lumeviewscom: 7:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
cryptic99: You can't get logical responses from questions like these without taking care of a lot of premises - the existence of God, devil and hellfire and which religion is right about them.

If you're talking about the christian version then you're on a long thing because it's not made clear in the bible the role of the devil in hell so all you may get from people are conflicting views.

Not all religious people (theists) are stu.pid but most are ignorant. I am a Christian! But who is to say one religion is superior over the other?
Re: What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? by BabaGnoni: 8:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
lumeviews.com:

After your rant above, I want to point out that by "Losing Battle",

I was referring to the ability of Christians to defend theories like this. Not some evangelical war of the heavens between good and evil. God and Devil.

Which brings us nicely into my next point.

You speak about kindergaten theology but you believe there's a fire bus stop waiting to consume people.

Ironic!

From a Christian's perspective, one would tend to think his Father in heaven will have even more compassion than the biological father on earth here.

But still, such a caring Father in heaven will throw his beloveth children into a lake of fire as punishment.

Can your real father on earth throw you in a pit of fire over the worst thing you have ever done in your life
?

I truly find this baffling and do not mean to come across as aggressive

@lumeviews.com

Rant? rant? You call less than 5 sentences a rant? shocked shocked shocked

C'mon now lumeviews.com you can do better than that

Who mentioned fire bus stop? When or where was fire bus stop mentioned?

If you want to quote, better learn to quote correctly

Reiterating, hell is a bus stop, lake of fire is the terminus.

Liken or refer hell to a transit, transit to the lake of fire as it were.

Ah and by the way, so it is OK to let one bad apple(s) ruin the whole bunch then. No be so?

Theology has it's fair share of mystery

You're not alone. You aren't the first and wont be the last truly finding this baffling.

Are you coming across as aggressive? Nah
, mba, point the finger at impetuous emotion(s)

Mind you, it is God's privilege to conceal things and the king's privilege to discover them.
Re: What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? by lumeviewscom: 8:27am On Jan 08, 2014
BabaGnoni:

@lumeviews.com

Rant? rant? You call less than 5 sentences a rant? shocked shocked shocked

C'mon now lumeviews.com you can do better than that

Who mentioned fire bus stop? When or where was fire bus stop mentioned?

If you want to quote, better learn to quote correctly

Reiterating, hell is a bus stop, lake of fire is the terminus.

Liken or refer hell to a transit, transit to the lake of fire as it were.

Ah and by the way, so it is OK to let one bad apple(s) ruin the whole bunch then. No be so?

Theology has it's fair share of mystery

You're not alone. You aren't the first and wont be the last truly finding this baffling.

Are you coming across as aggressive? Nah
, mba, point the finger at impetuous emotion(s)

Mind you, it is God's privilege to conceal things and the king's privilege to discover them.

Haha... I can hardly fault your point(s) this time and I thank you for bringing clarity to the statement about hell, bus stop, terminus... But from your last sentence, it's fair to say that God did not really give us free-will if he intends to punish us for taking advantage of it despite his privilege to conceal things.

Also, about an apple spoiling the bunch, surely you wouldn't kill one of your kids because he could end up spoiling the rest, would you? Except I misinterpreted your statement.

As for hell and whatever it entails, I'm sorry but it doesn't appeal to reason. Why not just get it over with and kill the devil and stop tempting humans with crap and take back your free-will so we can all just be good people. Why do they have to involve us in their fight? We never asked to be a part of it. The whole premise of hell is not only unappealing, it is inconceivable. It is safe to say God was the first one who tempted man according to the bible. You disagree? Okay, what do you call this, I plant a tree right in front of you then I tell you not to eat out of it, then I tell you "look, you have the free-will to eat out of it if you want". Silently add "but if you eat the fruit, I will kill you". Yet, we understand God is omniscience and omnipotent so couldn't he see what was coming when he created lucifer and planted the tree? What sort of bullsh*t story is that? Just don't plant the goddamn tree! With this, is it fair to say the world is a product of God's mistakes? After all, HE created it according to the bible. Things just don't add up!

I know you will probably say we can't question God and stuff but hey, it's MY after-life those guys are joking around with so I will question whoever or whatever. Barring any plausible explanation on hell and stuff, I guess we just stop existing when we die. Much more simplistic until there's proof otherwise.
Re: What Exactly Is The Devil's Role In Hell? by mmsen: 8:33am On Jan 08, 2014
cryptic99: You can't get logical responses from questions like these without taking care of a lot of premises - the existence of God, devil and hellfire and which religion is right about them.

It's not a question of you 'may' get conflicting views. You will definitely get conflicting views.

One of the many issues that really undermines xtian doctrine is their own inability to come to a consensus about their lies.

(1) (Reply)

Bible-college-churches-shut-boko-haram-slaughterfest-rages-300-christians-killed / Is Freedom Of Religion A Biblical Concept? / Synagogue Tragedy – Another Has Happen Joshua Iginla!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.